Sign in to follow this  
samatm

Amazon shopping w LBC

SkyMan

Does the shipping estimate on shippingcart.com  include customs?

EDIT:  Damn, my motorcycle tires are too big.

Edited by SkyMan

bkkmarlowe

Okay here is my tip ,,,and I have been ordering products successfuly to cebu from USA for many years... just my experience... only. for what its worth

To the OP, I completely recommend JOHNNY AIR... They deliver door-to-door anywhere in these Phils islands fast and without  that customs scam from others like FedEx.

If you order a product out of California for example, it will be shipped to Johnny consolidating address in NEW YORK.  Some of my products over the years have shipped first from NY to Japan and then onward to the Phils... It could mean a few extra days... but no BS with customs and storage.... hehe

Just my two cents... and I hope it helps some LinC members with their shipping. concerns...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

dustybookend

My disappeared item that Amazon resent is now in my cart. Thank you Amazon.

In a post about Shipping Cart someone mentioned getting a BPI prepaid card. I did that with some to and fro-ing to the branch. There is a software/policy issue with BPI in that when Amazon sends a card check request to the bank BPI freezes the funds mentioned in the request. This can be seen in the prepaid card account note about funds available. So e.g. if you order a single item for $100, Amazon will send the validation request, BPI will say OK and freeze about PHP5150 so your usable balance is reduced by that amount. When Amazon picks the item for shipment it requests payment but the account is now deficient those funds so the order will be cancelled.

• Thanks 1

dustybookend
On Thursday, August 03, 2017 at 10:46 AM, SkyMan said:

Does the shipping estimate on shippingcart.com  include customs?

EDIT:  Damn, my motorcycle tires are too big.

I hope so!

Thalcoozyo

As of about 10 days ago, Shipping Cart will not accept a U.S. issued credit card. I swapped several emails, including one with the U.S. based marketing office supervisor, and it is all about their perceived threat of fraud. I was pissed, but had to set up a Paypal account and use the card thru Paypal.  The pkg was shipped out and delivered in Tagaytay in about 4 days. Not bad service.  But why the frig can't they join the 21st century and figure out a way to accept any credit card regardless of its country of origin? (this was for a laptop and accessories which all arrived safely)

• Thanks 1

Davaoeno
2 hours ago, Thalcoozyo said:

why the frig can't they join the 21st century and figure out a way to accept any credit card regardless of its country of origin?

because the new high tech scammers are too smart !

dustybookend
On Saturday, August 05, 2017 at 8:07 PM, dustybookend said:

My disappeared item that Amazon resent is now in my cart. Thank you Amazon.

In a post about Shipping Cart someone mentioned getting a BPI prepaid card. I did that with some to and fro-ing to the branch. There is a software/policy issue with BPI in that when Amazon sends a card check request to the bank BPI freezes the funds mentioned in the request. This can be seen in the prepaid card account note about funds available. So e.g. if you order a single item for $100, Amazon will send the validation request, BPI will say OK and freeze about PHP5150 so your usable balance is reduced by that amount. When Amazon picks the item for shipment it requests payment but the account is now deficient those funds so the order will be cancelled.

After asking card services about this issue, they could suggest only that it was a glitch. Since the PI is one long stream of communication glitches one would hope the bank would have it covered. Anyway I made another Amazon purchase of several items and as before the full amount was frozen. However this time when Amazon made a real request for payment the amount frozen was reduced as the requested amount was debited to the account. So barring glitches it seems to work.

• Thanks 1

dustybookend

One issue with using a consolidater is that one doesn't get to manage the consolidation. E.g. You buy 2 items, one is a box of cotton wool weighing 5oz, one is 5 lb of steel washers (the washer pack volume is not significant compared to the cotton wool). If the supplier sends them in the same package when the consolidater measures that package it may end up with 5lb+5oz and 8"x8"x8"= 512/166 = 3.1lb. So the shipping charge will be based on 5lb+5oz. If the supplier sends them as 2 packages the shipping charge will be based on 5lb+5oz+3.1lb about 60% more.

I attempted several times yesterday to pay for shipping. The issue was the OTP. In more than 12 attempts the delivery time for the OTP ranged between 7 and 17 minutes. Only in PI.

Thalcoozyo
16 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

because the new high tech scammers are too smart !

If that is the case, then no company in the world would accept foreign-based credit cards.  And we all know that is not the case.  So if others have figured it out, why can't Shipping Cart?

Edited by Thalcoozyo
input error

saigon46
On 8/3/2017 at 6:55 PM, bkkmarlowe said:

Okay here is my tip ,,,and I have been ordering products successfuly to cebu from USA for many years... just my experience... only. for what its worth

To the OP, I completely recommend JOHNNY AIR... They deliver door-to-door anywhere in these Phils islands fast and without  that customs scam from others like FedEx.

If you order a product out of California for example, it will be shipped to Johnny consolidating address in NEW YORK.  Some of my products over the years have shipped first from NY to Japan and then onward to the Phils... It could mean a few extra days... but no BS with customs and storage.... hehe

Just my two cents... and I hope it helps some LinC members with their shipping. concerns...

Sounds good, but does Johnny Air accept US credit cards?

bkkmarlowe
51 minutes ago, saigon46 said:

does Johnny Air accept US credit cards?

They have an office in SM mall, cebu city. They accept payment in cash, either US dollars or pesos. If you pay with pesos then there is an additional VAT charge of 12 per cent!

• Like 1

TheWhiteKnight

It took over a month for Shipping Cart to even receive my package in to my cart, it did here eventually though but the prices have now gone up.

dustybookend
On Wednesday, August 09, 2017 at 8:32 AM, dustybookend said:

One issue with using a consolidater is that one doesn't get to manage the consolidation. E.g. You buy 2 items, one is a box of cotton wool weighing 5oz, one is 5 lb of steel washers (the washer pack volume is not significant compared to the cotton wool). If the supplier sends them in the same package when the consolidater measures that package it may end up with 5lb+5oz and 8"x8"x8"= 512/166 = 3.1lb. So the shipping charge will be based on 5lb+5oz. If the supplier sends them as 2 packages the shipping charge will be based on 5lb+5oz+3.1lb about 60% more.

I attempted several times yesterday to pay for shipping. The issue was the OTP. In more than 12 attempts the delivery time for the OTP ranged between 7 and 17 minutes. Only in PI.

I made another shipping payment today. it took the OTP less than 2 seconds to arrive at my phone.

Lordblacknail

Well, I have been very happy with the LBC shipping cart service. The last package took 8 days from the time it was ready to ship. Can't beat that. Heres some advice. Make sure everything you want arrives there at one time in one package, don't do multiple packages.