Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
samatm

Amazon shopping w LBC

Recommended Posts

samatm

So my son has made three purchases off Amazon.com recently and used the service LBC Shipping Cart.   I must say I am quite impressed with the service and it is affordable..much more than say using Fedex/Air21 etc..  And you dont have to put up with all that customs red tape and bull crap.    Check it out on their website.    Basically everything you purchase is sent to LA for consolidation.. once it arrives LA  a picture of your item is  taken before it is packaged.   You can trace your shipment and see the item that has been sent to the LA Consolidating point.    It may sit there for  a week or so before it is shipped or if you are lucky as we were recently the item got placed immediately in with the next consolidated shipment.     Anyway this is Door to Door service  .. picture verifiable.. w tracking.     an Excellent value.   For example.. Two very large Test  prep books were sent totaling in at 2.9Kgs..   The shipping cost Air Freight was  P2,400 from LA to my door in Cebu and took only 3 days (could  have been a week or more but we were lucky) .   Shipment from Amazon to La to negligble. got the lowest price shipping fee.

So how do you guys ship stuff over here.. or purchase on Amazon?     Johnny Air Cargo?   How is your service?   How 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnSurrey
1 hour ago, samatm said:

So my son has made three purchases off Amazon.com recently and used the service LBC Shipping Cart.   I must say I am quite impressed with the service and it is affordable..much more than say using Fedex/Air21 etc..  And you dont have to put up with all that customs red tape and bull crap.    Check it out on their website.    Basically everything you purchase is sent to LA for consolidation.. once it arrives LA  a picture of your item is  taken before it is packaged.   You can trace your shipment and see the item that has been sent to the LA Consolidating point.    It may sit there for  a week or so before it is shipped or if you are lucky as we were recently the item got placed immediately in with the next consolidated shipment.     Anyway this is Door to Door service  .. picture verifiable.. w tracking.     an Excellent value.   For example.. Two very large Test  prep books were sent totaling in at 2.9Kgs..   The shipping cost Air Freight was  P2,400 from LA to my door in Cebu and took only 3 days (could  have been a week or more but we were lucky) .   Shipment from Amazon to La to negligble. got the lowest price shipping fee.

So how do you guys ship stuff over here.. or purchase on Amazon?     Johnny Air Cargo?   How is your service?   How 

I used them a couple of times to test out their air freight and it all went ok...

I then bought my son's birthday present... that time they wanted 3 to 4,000 more for air freight than it would have cost me had I paid for it myself.

I emailed them - no response - so I shipped the item sea freight and he didn't get it for his birthday.

Unless I'm desperate I won't use them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
samatm
25 minutes ago, JohnSurrey said:

I used them a couple of times to test out their air freight and it all went ok...

I then bought my son's birthday present... that time they wanted 3 to 4,000 more for air freight than it would have cost me had I paid for it myself.

I emailed them - no response - so I shipped the item sea freight and he didn't get it for his birthday.

Unless I'm desperate I won't use them again.

What do you mean 3 or 4k more if you paid for it yourself? by which method?    sea freight?   Why would you do that if you needed  it timely? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wondersailor

Used Johnny Air a couple of times, last time about 2 years ago to send an ipad to my girl. Took about 3 days, was just shy of $100 (as memory serves) and was definitely not door to door. That price included an additional charge for electronics, assume customs. I was happy with it at the time. LBC shipping cart sounds like an excellent deal to me. Was the price cheaper because it was books?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goetz1965

Just always look FIRST if international shipping is available for an item - that means it ships directly from Amazon to you. Amazon usually uses UPS for delivery - sometimes its LBC then. But all my orders arrived without problems.

If your item isnt listet under "international shipping" just direct it to JohnnyAir Cargo and then get it at their branch in SM City Cebu.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
samatm
1 hour ago, Goetz1965 said:

Just always look FIRST if international shipping is available for an item - that means it ships directly from Amazon to you. Amazon usually uses UPS for delivery - sometimes its LBC then. But all my orders arrived without problems.

If your item isnt listet under "international shipping" just direct it to JohnnyAir Cargo and then get it at their branch in SM City Cebu.

The problem I have encountered (and also many here) are the  customs and duty charges that seem to always be tallied up on direct shipments via UPS or Fedex.   the Fedex/Air21  scam really pissed me off several times.  ie Voip router purchased.. arrives Cebu... and I get a call that the box has arrived but it is in customs clearing...later I get another call or text that the item can be claimed..(what)  I have physically get myself over to mactan airport facility to claim my box.. where I am stuck with a high estimated customs charge..AND Wharehouse storage fees from Air21...grrrrr.      How have  you have escaped not paying customs and duty?    

LBC Shipping Cart  cuts out having run down to SM a la Johnny Air Cargo to pick up your package  as its Door to Door service.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dafey
15 hours ago, samatm said:

So my son has made three purchases off Amazon.com recently and used the service LBC Shipping Cart

Where do you find the LBC shipping cart? Is it at checkout?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnSurrey
6 hours ago, Dafey said:

Where do you find the LBC shipping cart? Is it at checkout?

 

No you sign up for it - they give you a US mailing address... you then tell Amazon to deliver to that address... then the Shipping Cart gets an item... then  you choose how to ship it - air or sea.

 

https://www.shippingcart.com/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
samatm
38 minutes ago, JohnSurrey said:

 

No you sign up for it - they give you a US mailing address... you then tell Amazon to deliver to that address... then the Shipping Cart gets an item... then  you choose how to ship it - air or sea.

 

https://www.shippingcart.com/

Correct.. its only for the USofA ... perhaps they are looking for other country franchise holders.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dafey

Sorry if I'm a little dumb on this...

So Amazon ships it to LA where LBC packages it and ships to the Phils?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kreole

Seems like a very clean operation.  Anything to cut out the corrupt agents at customs.  It does not seem to be a priority for Duterte to fix that issue of corruption, even though it has long been a well known scandal much more firmly entrenched than the bullet scandal.

Edited by Kreole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnSurrey
12 hours ago, Dafey said:

Sorry if I'm a little dumb on this...

So Amazon ships it to LA where LBC packages it and ships to the Phils?

California actually:

9999999 (your mail box/cart) Danti Court

CITY: Hayward
STATE: California
ZIP: 94545

 

They started off that way - but now if your package is from Amazon they just forward it on... which may explain why their rates go crazy sometimes.

Previously, they opened the package, took photos, put the photos online for you to check and then (efficiently) repackaged the item for shipping from CA to RP... either by Air or Sea.

It then changed (probably because too popular) - but as far as I know the old procedure (which I quite liked) still applies for non Amazon purchases. For Amazon purchases they just take a picture of Amazon's packing label.

BTW...

Some further information... I cannot remember which service it is but when you buy from Amazon (or anyone else for that matter) make sure you don't choose the option that will deliver at the weekend... because (you have to laugh don't you):

ShippingCart.jpg.8fdee8eb056834be006ff65d77f7f811.jpg

And you'll find a number of posts from people using the "ShippingCart" service, on the internet, complaining about how long it took to get their item redelivered from Amazon because it got returned at the weekend and similar stories like that :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Goetz1965

I ordered latly from Amazon Germany (.de) and was added 65 euro for Tax - but about 3 month later I got that refunded in total. So maybe the US Amazon is worse and you better change to DE ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
samatm
On 5/10/2017 at 7:26 PM, Dafey said:

Sorry if I'm a little dumb on this...

So Amazon ships it to LA where LBC packages it and ships to the Phils?

You set up shipping from Amazon to LBC's  LA address .  They  Open the Box ..take a pic of the item and  repackage it. and consolidate ship out over the philippines with a bunch of other orders .. When it arrives Manila..your order is separated by LBC and sent to your Philippine address by LBC.door to door service.    We ord3ed from Ebay and Amazon and had the Items consolidated by LBC in LA..and sent in one package.   Worked Great  YMMV.  But i would say give it a try. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..