Experimental Solar tracking

Oz Jon
4 hours ago, Paul said:

Not with grid tied inverters. They shut down when the mains go down. 

Yes!

That's what I meant by " properly designed/approved connection kit".

Edited by Oz Jon
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• Paul

• Oz Jon

• Woolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For a while now I've had a single solar panel on a Micro Inverter on the roof of my dog kennel which pitches bit south.  Last month I had to move it to the north side of the house for the summer sun.

Looks like you can get that inverter from lazada http://www.lazada.com.ph/600w-18v-on-grid-tie-inverter-mppt-pure-sine-wave-inverterdc105-28v-to-ac190-260v-solar-power-micro-inverter-intl-1843296

When buying eBay products from them, I have found they are more concerned about their rating, and making sure the customer is happy, than they are about the money. They have sent me refunds before, af

Posted Images

Paul
7 hours ago, Oz Jon said:

Yes!

That's what I meant by " properly designed/approved connection kit".

I understand. But, all of this is built into the internal electronics of the inverters nowadays. I know very little about them, due to not having owned any grid-tied hardware, to date. However, that is going to change soon. :) 

I figure on having enough fed back into the mains daily, to counter most of what my air-con uses. I'm gonna see if I can maintain low dollar electric bills. :)

• Like 1