Sign in to follow this  
cebubird

Remitly?

cebubird

Anybody heard of, or used this for money transfers to/from PI?

Have friend who uses, but can't find how it works without actually signing on their site.

• Like 1

Thalcoozyo

I've just started using Remitely, and wonder why the heck I didn't use it long ago!  It's great... so far... for the $50 to $800 transfers that we've done so far. (US to Phils)

You set up your Remitely account, link it to your bank account, and away you go.  It is friggin' easy and quite convenient.  Money pickup can be designated by the sender, but we just designate any MLeuhilear or MCebuana location as they are pretty much everywhere.  The transfer fee is $3.99 and the exchange rate is excellent!

The only thing I don't know is how much you can send at one time without being placed into the "money laundering" catgegory... meaning you have to prove who you are, send in ID, etc etc and all that BS.  For our routing transfers to family, and to the neice in college, there have been no problems.

Recommended... use a debit card that is usually low-funded.  That way, if someone steals the info and hacks your account... they can only clean you out for whatever is in the debit account.  I use a card that I seldom have more than $200 in it.  If I want to send more, I deposit enough to cover the transfer.

• Like 1

fordtech

I have been using Remitly for a few years now.  The only part that is a little hard is if your in Pi and sending money to Pi. You must use a VPN and even with a VPN sometimes you need to call them because when you submit your remittance it catches that you are using a VPN.  They will not let you send money if your in Pi. Always use the same device and vpn location for the best results. 

• Like 1

Enuff

I use WorldRemit. Can send to myself inside Mlhullier and pickup within 1 minute.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

daz

I like Remitly. Good exchange rates. Fees are reasonable. Fast service and have had good customer service.

From Canada to P0hilippines, I dont know of a better service.

Mandingo

I have used Remitly for a long time. The exchange rates is a little low but their customer service more than makes up for it. I have never had an issue that was their fault and the ones that did happen were my fault and one quick call to CS and they fixed it, no waiting or other BS. I am very happy with Remitly. I always do the $3.99 transaction with a M. Lhuillier or Cebuana pick up. 

We had someone working with the pawn shop pull a fast one and told my SIL the money was not there yet and called a cohort at another shop and got the money. Once we figured out something was wrong we called and in less than an hour my SIL had the money in her hand. Try that withe WU or Zoom and see what happens.

Another time I sent money to the wrong family member and realized it too late and called them and they changed the name on the transaction for me in less than a few minutes.