Jester
8 hours ago, herman said:

Hahaha, ripped off. I got mine for 1200.

I thought the same thing when I read his post, t did not want to hurt his feelings so did not mention it. He should send his Philippina to shop for him.

• Like 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jester

• lolhahaha

• Soarking

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The biggest saving for me was buying a new Rolex that was worth $12,000 usd stateside and only cost me 1400 pesos in the local mall  !!

My wife brings over apples, oranges and grapes in her check in luggage.  As if they don't have that stuff here.   Then she complains her luggage is overweight. Few years ago my wife packed my sui

My wife likes to overfill the boxes.  Silly me I think a box should be square, she thinks its ok if its rounded at the top.

Posted Images

Humboldt
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:53 PM, JollyJim said:

My wife likes to overfill the boxes.  Silly me I think a box should be square, she thinks its ok if its rounded at the top.

Is there anything a Filipino  doesn't overload ?

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
3 hours ago, Humboldt said:

Is there anything a Filipino  doesn't overload ?

Their wallet...:rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
davedude

We got three boxes being picked up this morning. Wifey sure can pack em dense. Feel sorry for the guys that have to heft those things ha ha!

The family is going to be very happy with this load, it's all the normal stuff, canned goods, soaps, shampoos, clothes etc..etc but it all helps.

We glue the boxes shut with waterproof Titebond 3 glue. Glue in reinforcement top and bottom. Dont trust tape to much to seal.

Edited by davedude
Jester
57 minutes ago, davedude said:

We got three boxes being picked up this morning. Wifey sure can pack em dense. Feel sorry for the guys that have to heft those things ha ha!

The family is going to be very happy with this load, it's all the normal stuff, canned goods, soaps, shampoos, clothes etc..etc but it all helps.

We glue the boxes shut with waterproof Titebond 3 glue. Glue in reinforcement top and bottom. Dont trust tape to much to seal.

We will have 3 box's with a combined weight of 8 ton's.   The local authorized LBC agent is a little Philippina lady over 70 years old who goes around and collects the box's. She has no problem loading them into her mini van by herself.  I have pictures somewhere if I can find them.  

I use Titebond 3 also, great minds think alike, so do sick ones but we won't go there :  )  

• Like 2
davedude
32 minutes ago, Jester said:

We will have 3 box's with a combined weight of 8 ton's.   The local authorized LBC agent is a little Philippina lady over 70 years old who goes around and collects the box's. She has no problem loading them into her mini van by herself.  I have pictures somewhere if I can find them.  

I use Titebond 3 also, great minds think alike, so do sick ones but we won't go there :  )  

LOL! 8 tons ha ha yes! Ours just left, a 65 yr old fella named Lito loaded them into his minivan with no problems. It's all about the leverage!

As a bonus we bought a bunch of Filipino food from him and finally found a local source for some lechon babouy. Wifey is very happy :-)

I agree about the great minds. :-)

• Like 1
Jim_in_Jax
On 5/4/2017 at 0:02 PM, shadow said:

I have around 750 movies on DVD I'd like to send back.  They were bought in the US and shipped here in BB boxes.  I wonder how customs would handle that?

SkyMan
21 hours ago, Jester said:

We will have 3 box's with a combined weight of 8 ton's.

That would be about 5300lbs average?  I thought I was bad with a 400lb BBBox.  Geesh.  I use a can of spray contact cement and lots of 2 inch strapping tape across the seems.  Double corrugated cardboard box.  

• Like 1
Soarking

If anyone need a place in the Philippines to send those overweight, overfilled boxes,  just PM me.    I would be glad to take them off your hands, (only if they are prepaid of course).

Cash would also be much appreciated.   I know how easy it is to get in the habit of sending money to relatives in the RP,  and if you fell out of favor with your relatives you don't have to break the money sending habit.   Just send it to ME instead...   I promise,,, I will say thank you...

Edited by Soarking
  • Like 1
agent17
On 5/8/2017 at 1:09 AM, Chris24 said:

I think that the BB box is more of a tradition, akin to a "care package" from the family member abroad.  The tradition has outlived the economics in many (but not all) cases.

I agree.  It's similar to parents sending boxes of goodies to their kids in college dorms.  It's not about saving money, it's about getting them something.  I once asked a filipina abroad why she's sending all these stuff to her relatives in the Philippines when it's available there.  She said they're not going to buy these stuff themselves even if you give them the money.  That's another reason.

Sending BB to save money doesn't make much sense anymore.  It makes sense back in the 70s when imported products are a rare find.  Now they're common.  It's not like you're saving a lot.  You start out paying $70 for the shipping.  It takes a month or two to get here.  You are forced to overstock on food items that you won't eat for a while.  The cans are all dented.  Overall, how much are you saving?  $50?  All that trouble for $50?  If you live in the province then it makes sense, but not if you live in a big city.  There are a few items that I wish I could find here, but not enough to fill an entire BB.

Jester
22 hours ago, agent17 said:

I agree.  It's similar to parents sending boxes of goodies to their kids in college dorms.  It's not about saving money, it's about getting them something.  I once asked a filipina abroad why she's sending all these stuff to her relatives in the Philippines when it's available there.  She said they're not going to buy these stuff themselves even if you give them the money.  That's another reason.

Sending BB to save money doesn't make much sense anymore.  It makes sense back in the 70s when imported products are a rare find.  Now they're common.  It's not like you're saving a lot.  You start out paying $70 for the shipping.  It takes a month or two to get here.  You are forced to overstock on food items that you won't eat for a while.  The cans are all dented.  Overall, how much are you saving?  $50?  All that trouble for $50?  If you live in the province then it makes sense, but not if you live in a big city.  There are a few items that I wish I could find here, but not enough to fill an entire BB.

Saving? Thats a joke right :lol:

• Like 1