Jester

Every time my lovely young bride sends a couple BB box's to the family it is the same thing.  She goes out and shops and buys enough to fill 4 BB box's  And of course this time is no different.

The open box is about 2/3 full then what she also has to put in a second box, which does not show what is still in the closet to be added. It will take 3 healthy strong young men to move these box's when done!    Kinda cute.

IMG_0002.JPG

• Like 4
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jester

• lolhahaha

• Soarking

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The biggest saving for me was buying a new Rolex that was worth $12,000 usd stateside and only cost me 1400 pesos in the local mall  !!

My wife brings over apples, oranges and grapes in her check in luggage.  As if they don't have that stuff here.   Then she complains her luggage is overweight. Few years ago my wife packed my sui

My wife likes to overfill the boxes.  Silly me I think a box should be square, she thinks its ok if its rounded at the top.

Posted Images

dart69
36 minutes ago, Jester said:

... It will take 3 healthy strong young men to move these box's when done!...

Now you know why she buys so much ... ;-)

• Like 2
Jester
33 minutes ago, dart69 said:

Now you know why she buys so much ... ;-)

Or one old far# with a hand truck :P

lolhahaha

From what I've seen that was sent in other family members boxes, and sent myself as well before I actually lived here, almost anything sent in a BB box can be bought here, usually for a lot cheaper, especially when you factor in the cost of the shipment. Come on man, I can buy 69 dollar Under Armor shirts for 200-300 pesos at Gaisano. Novo sells 30 USD thermoses for like 150 pesos.

All they really want is chocolate anyway, just send a ton of the type that don't melt into a pile of goo. Like M&M's, wrapped rollo's and those big bags of hersheys wrapped chocolate mixes. Throw in some Toblerone if you wanna be a 3rd world big shot. Never send Whoppers, Milk Duds, or Charleston Chew. Oh yeah, send a lot of tootsie roll pops, the kids loved those and they can just sit there in a bag forever.

I know when me and my wife get to the US I'm going to tell her to ask them if they want a couple hundred bucks instead of us sending them boxes. I'm thinking they'll choose the money and it'll save us a lot of wasted money on stuff they can get there anyway. Hell, even the malls sell the same chocolate anyway so what's the point? 

• Like 2
Lee
10 hours ago, Jester said:

It will take 3 healthy strong young men

Usually Filipino men too, at least from our experience, although the guy who picked ours up was always one 6' 3" handsome darn strong Filipino.

Soarking
21 minutes ago, lolhahaha said:

I know when me and my wife get to the US I'm going to tell her to ask them if they want a couple hundred bucks instead of us sending them boxes.

Not a really good idea.  In the typical Filipino way of thinking you will have told them they are getting a couple hundred bucks & some boxes.

• Like 3
JollyJim

My wife likes to overfill the boxes.  Silly me I think a box should be square, she thinks its ok if its rounded at the top.

• Like 5
SkyMan
26 minutes ago, JollyJim said:

The tighter you pack them the better.

• Like 2
JamesMusslewhite

Just too bad you can not send BB boxes to the US....

• Like 1
Jim_in_Jax
3 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

From what I've seen that was sent in other family members boxes, and sent myself as well before I actually lived here, almost anything sent in a BB box can be bought here, usually for a lot cheaper, especially when you factor in the cost of the shipment. Come on man, I can buy 69 dollar Under Armor shirts for 200-300 pesos at Gaisano. Novo sells 30 USD thermoses for like 150 pesos.

When we lived in the states I could only shake my head at the things my wife would buy to fill the boxes with so that everyone in the family, including some of the neighbors, would get a little something.  Many times it would be cheap shirts and shorts or cheap shoes.  What made me marvel at this process the most is that most of this crap that she'd buy came from China.  One time I asked her if it wouldn't just be cheaper to buy this stuff from online sources in China and have it shipped there.

I got the "you must be buang" look.  I started leaving sensibility out of the discussions when it came to what she packed in those BB boxes.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Been back to the States for nearly two and a half years. We've still never sent a BB Box to the Philippines. We just send them some money several times a year to buy what they need, which is usually school clothes for the children. Since they've never gotten a BB Box, they don't miss not getting them...

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1
delancey

When I stop in the U.S. I send myself the stuff that can't be found in Cebu, like a U.S. made can opener. Also, send higher grades of stuff that can be found in Cebu like Marcona Almonds vs ordinary ones in Cebu. I send the stuff with the highest cost difference, too. Like a P5000 watch at a mall in Cebu for P1600 on Amazon. Also bulky things not worthy of my luggage go in BB. That clears my airport luggage for more delicate things like chocolate, etc. I share Belgian Chocolate galore that way. 

I save about p15000 even with shipping cost and materials. My individual experience is the BB is a big positive. 

• Like 2
Davaoeno

The biggest saving for me was buying a new Rolex that was worth $12,000 usd stateside and only cost me 1400 pesos in the local mall  !!

• Like 7
Soarking
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

I hope the vendor assured you it was genuine.   It shouldn't be a problem being most vendors around the malls only deal in top quality products and will usually honor a 100% full money back guarantee, no questions asked.

• Like 3