Sign in to follow this  
softtouch

Moving out of country - money transfer?

softtouch

We intent to move permanent to Germany in a year or 2 (wife, son and me). We will sell our house/lot here, and wondering how we can get the millions of pesos to an account in Germany?

Anybody has experience with such things? Also, how to bring all the things we need to Germany?

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, softtouch said:

We intent to move permanent to Germany in a year or 2 (wife, son and me). We will sell our house/lot here, and wondering how we can get the millions of pesos to an account in Germany?

Anybody has experience with such things? Also, how to bring all the things we need to Germany?

Exchange your pesos into Euros then wire to Germany via Swift. 

Once you discover the cost of shipping things to Germany you will probably sell everything here and rebuy in Germany. ( except your 25? Kgm allowance per person with your airfare)

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 2

softtouch
6 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Exchange your pesos into Euros then wire to Germany via Swift. 

Once you discover the cost of shipping things to Germany you will probably sell everything here and rebut in Germany. ( except your 25? Kgm allowance per person with your airfare)

Isn't there something with $10k limit?

I cant sell everything here, I need at least all of my computer/3d printer/coffee maker/vr equipment, so I guess a small container is needed.

Davaoeno

ok

• Like 1

Jawny
2 hours ago, softtouch said:

Isn't there something with $10k limit?

I cant sell everything here, I need at least all of my computer/3d printer/coffee maker/vr equipment, so I guess a small container is needed.

The $10k limit refers to money you might be carrying with you while travelling. You can carry much more tha $10 k but it must be declared to customs. Any other transfer such as through a bank has different rules regarding the notification to the banks. 

You may find that the cost of shipping things from the Philippines is expensive. Must be a pretty nice coffeemaker to be spending money to ship it. 

• Like 3

softtouch
18 minutes ago, Jawny said:

The $10k limit refers to money you might be carrying with you while travelling. You can carry much more tha $10 k but it must be declared to customs. Any other transfer such as through a bank has different rules regarding the notification to the banks. 

You may find that the cost of shipping things from the Philippines is expensive. Must be a pretty nice coffeemaker to be spending money to ship it. 

Hm when I transfer Money from Australia via wire to my local account, there is also a limit of $10k, else it will be held for investigation. I imagine when I transfer $500k, they will start asking questions and even all is legal, it will takes ages until that amount will be available to me.

And yes, the coffee maker is nice expensive DeLonghi machine (~$2000). Also the 3 computer I will have to bring are my development machines and all high end and very expensive, each with VR headsets. Additionally, the 3D printer was also ~$2000, plus all the other expensive items I want to bring. A small container should be worth all that (I hope). I was hoping anybody here has some similar experience and actual numbers (prices), but its more the opposite here, people are moving to the Philippines. 

I think I might just open an account at HSBC here (Euro account), and one in Germany, so I can easily transfer money between the accounts (thats at least what I read just a moment ago online).

oztony

I transferred 50k $ , from CBA to my Phils BDO and never heard boo from no one.

• Like 1