Sign in to follow this  
Cebuandrew

Where to Move

Cebuandrew

First, I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong spot. Been a while and this site is different. No disrespect.

I'm moving. Been on Bantayan Island for 3 years now, and I feel the need to move. I love the Visayas. Been looking at Moalboal, Cadian, Argao, etc. Paul once said Biliran was a cool place, so I went there and looked at it. Not bad, but a bit small for no beaches. Damn, I like Bohol...but what happened there recently scares me. Can do America, but so expensive.

So, I'm thinking Luzon. Was thinking Thailand or Vietnam, but their customs are too difficult to figure out. Plus, I have many things. Been doing research and not much online about this trip. Driving from Cebu to baguio this week. In my multicab. What is the best way? Good idea? Bad idea? Why?

Headshot

Pop over to Puerto Princesa on Palawan, if you just want a change of pace. You can have the benefits of a larger town (including malls) without all of the pollution and stress that go along with living in a more metro area. It sounds like you moved to Bantayan right after Yolanda went through. Bantayan is a little bit too isolated for my tastes (at least as a long-term residence).

• Like 3

Cebuandrew

Damn Headshot, you are spot on. I did move here right after Yolanda. 3 years ago. But, I now own a multicab. 4-wheel drive. low miles. Worth 11,000k. An ATV worth 40k. I cannot get to Puerta Princessa with these things. I can go there. Boat from here to Estancia. Boat from there. Do I just leave these things behind?

Anyone have recent trips of here to Luzon?

Headshot

Well, you can catch the Super Ferry (2GO) from Cebu to Manila and then the Super Ferry from Manila to Puerto Princesa. However, I would suggest that you pop over (by air) first to see what its like first.

Edited by Headshot

Cebuandrew

I guess I am Googling it all wrong. Gawd. I'm old and stupid. What time does that ship leave from Cebu? What Port?

Enuff

As far as Bohol goes, I wouldn't let the recent events stray you away from Panglao.

IMHO Panglao is about as safe as you can get.

The new international airport, endless resorts and beautiful beaches make it safe and attractive.

If you look around you can find a lot of resorts (almost hidden) have rooms for p15k monthly.

A vehicle would most certainly be required.

• Like 3

Kabisay-an gid
3 hours ago, Cebuandrew said:

I cannot get to Puerta Princessa with these things.

Says who?!

1. RORO from Toledo to San Carlos.

2. Drive to Bacolod.

3. RORO from Bacolod to Iloilo.

4. RORO from Iloilo to Puerto Princesa. (Makes 1 stop at Cuyo Island)

• Like 3

Headshot
9 hours ago, Cebuandrew said:

I guess I am Googling it all wrong. Gawd. I'm old and stupid. What time does that ship leave from Cebu? What Port?

Go here ...

http://travel.2go.com.ph/index.asp

to check on schedules and ports.

• Like 1

SkyMan
10 hours ago, Cebuandrew said:

But, I now own a multicab. 4-wheel drive. low miles. Worth 11,000k

I'd like to see a p11M multicab.

If you want to drive to Baguio, you can take a ferry from northern Cebu to Polompon Leyte, then drive to the northern tip of Samar and ferry to southern Luzon.  On the way back you can ferry to Palawan from Manila or there abouts.

• Like 3

Gus
Says who?!
1. RORO from Toledo to San Carlos.
2. Drive to Bacolod.
3. RORO from Bacolod to Iloilo.
4. RORO from Iloilo to Puerto Princesa. (Makes 1 stop at Cuyo Island)

In the case of OP ..

1 .. should be Roro from Ste Fe to Hagnaya ..

Then the rest in sequence .
Beautiful drive down the coast to Toledo to take the next Roro.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

survivor adik
On 5/3/2017 at 5:52 PM, Gus said:

In the case of OP ..

1 .. should be Roro from Ste Fe to Hagnaya ..

Then the rest in sequence .
Beautiful drive down the coast to Toledo to take the next Roro.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Another option is to take the RORO from Tabuelan to Escalante and then another 1.5-2 hour drive to Bacolod. Would save him some time since he doesn't need to go down all the way to Toledo

Richard K

I live on Luzon. I am pretty happy with it over-all. I live about an hour and 15 minutes from Angeles city (less if you hop on the NLEX) which has just about anything available. Altho sometimes hard to find. I have been up to San Fernando, La Union area a few times and that is really nice.. good beaches and San Fernando is pretty clean. A short drive to mountains and cooler weather, falls and lakes. I am taking a trip south this next month to the San Antonio area which is just above Subic Bay. I need to be with-in a short drive to banking and the BI and also my imported amenities Which Olongapo has.. :P..I'm spoiled. I want to move closer to the ocean myself. and will look for something there.
Luzon has alot going for it. Has a decent inter-state type highway but you can totally get away from people also if that is what you want...
Forgot to say of safety. I have had not troubles here. I don't hang in the areas that might invite trouble though either so I might not be the best judge of that. I have never had any trouble at all...never a confrontation or conflict. I tend to smiloe and laugh alot so maybe that help. It sure is not that I look Filipino. as white men go ..they don't get much whiter looking than me...lol.

Edited by Richard K
  • Like 4

sugbu777
13 hours ago, Richard K said:

I live on Luzon. I am pretty happy with it over-all. I live about an hour and 15 minutes from Angeles city (less if you hop on the NLEX) which has just about anything available. Altho sometimes hard to find. I have been up to San Fernando, La Union area a few times and that is really nice.. good beaches and San Fernando is pretty clean. A short drive to mountains and cooler weather, falls and lakes. I am taking a trip south this next month to the San Antonio area which is just above Subic Bay. I need to be with-in a short drive to banking and the BI and also my imported amenities Which Olongapo has.. :P..I'm spoiled. I want to move closer to the ocean myself. and will look for something there.
Luzon has alot going for it. Has a decent inter-state type highway but you can totally get away from people also if that is what you want...
Forgot to say of safety. I have had not troubles here. I don't hang in the areas that might invite trouble though either so I might not be the best judge of that. I have never had any trouble at all...never a confrontation or conflict. I tend to smiloe and laugh alot so maybe that help. It sure is not that I look Filipino. as white men go ..they don't get much whiter looking than me...lol.

Zambales Province has some great beaches...miles of them. I lived in San Antonio in 1974 and in the mid 1980's. I really like that area.

Flakes

I would like to live somewhere in Cebu but i not sure exactly which location going to choose.Pattaya Phuket its so easy there just choose a nice condo right at the beach besides some seaside shopping mall and town center.Cebu its less easy to finalise a location.

sugbu777

Zambales.