Can filipinos visit Guam

blaze pontaine

What are the restrictions for visiting Guam?

Entry and Exit Formalities

Entry requirements for Guam are the same as for any U.S. destination. Although U.S. citizens are required to possess a U.S. passport, on a case-by-case basis, photo I.D. and proof of citizenship may be accepted. Citizens of most other countries must have a valid passport with a U.S. visa.

In October 1988, the U.S. federal government implemented the Guam-only visa waiver program. Citizens of more than a dozen countries have been allowed entry to Guam without a visa for a period of up to 15 days; travel onward to other U.S. ports is not allowed. Must arrive on a signatory carrier.

The following countries are eligible for the Guam Visa Waiver Program: Australia, Brunei, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Nauru, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Taiwan (only authorized for citizens and residents arriving directly from Taiwan or arriving on a flight from Taiwan which stopped in Saipan en route, must possess a Taiwan National Identity Card), United Kingdom (including British National Overseas), Vanuatu, and Western Samoa.

http://www.visitguam.org/Runtime/VisaRequirements.aspx

Plus the following countries for the standard US visa waiver program:

The Visa Waiver Program permits nationals from designated countries to apply for admission to the United States for ninety days or less as nonimmigrant visitors for business or pleasure without first obtaining a U.S. nonimmigrant visa, must have a machine-readable passport, and arrive on a signatory carrier.

The following countries are eligible for the Visa Waiver Program: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and United Kingdom.

Citizens of Canada (like myself) can just travel to any US destination with their passport and get admission (not sure, I think it's 6 months).

tom_shor

How about Saipan? Not actually a US territory I know some of their requirements are different.

udonthani

ASEAN citizens also need a US transit visa if they pass through Guam, on the way to say the Marshall Islands or some other place in that part of the Pacific Guam serves as a transportation hub - even if they don't have to pass through immigration. I know somebody that was refused leave to board a plane at Manila on their way to the Marshalls because they hadn't realised they needed a transit visa for Guam.

• 2 weeks later...

Filipinos need a VEP(Visitor Entry Permit) to come to Saipan. It's relatively easy to get. Right now, the feds are scheduled to take over immigration effective June 1st, but it might be delayed by 6 months.

We are currently on Saipan....so any Saipan questions ask away or maybe I should put up another thread?