Does anyone make his own - sugar free - fruit juices ??

Goetz1965

Ok, to save money I usually use the Tango and other juices to drink - cheap ofcourse but on the other side - TOO MUCH SUGAR !
Have you ever read the indigriends list on those small packs ?? One satches of 20g has around 15g or more sugar ...
Thats why I now weight 90KG - even with doing regular exercise.

SO NOW I NEED CHANGE ...

Anyone here knows where to buy sugar free juices that are not too expensive ?

I mean I dont like paying more than 50php per liter fruitjuice.

But also up to now I havnt found any sugar free juice in the usual malls like SM, Metro, Gaisano ...

What you usually buy for drinking? 
Do you make juices yourself?

And ... NO ... beer is no alternative lol !

BossHog

Obviously making your owns juices is optimal but...

For convenience I think the cans of GIna Mango Nectar are pretty good:

4201.png

Goetz1965

Hm just checked that in german Amazon - they are sold there too. 10pcs at 1.11Euro - would be around 59php

But is that to drink 1:1 or fill up with water to 1L ?

I mean one of these cans contains 13g sugar - if you dring 1L of it you also dring 52g sugar !!! WAY TOO MUCH !!!

BossHog

Yeah, i got it wrong. The nectar is juice mixed with added sugar.

You want the 100 percent juice.

Of course any fruit juice will have sugar so what you're looking to avoid is 'added sugar'.

The liter cans of 100% pineapple juice are a good bet. Read the can carefully though so you don't get the 'drink'.

Think that's about 80 pesos a liter.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
BossHog

Buying a kilo of calamansi fruit at the market and squeezing your own juice is a good option, too. Super healthy.

A bit labor intensive though if you're single.

• Like 2
liquido

Yes 4 grams of sugar is equal to 1 teaspopn of sugar..Bad stuff..Of all the years I have been here I have never found a powder or juice that is sugar free..If they say "juice drinks" they are even worse...Thats why when I go back USA every 4 months I stock up on Crystal Light or Walmarts Great Value copy...I know its artificial sweetner but it works for me for all these years...

l

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, BossHog said:

Buying a kilo of calamansi fruit at the market and squeezing your own juice is a good option, too. Super healthy.

A bit labor intensive though if you're single.

Agree... drinking a big cup of "Calamansi Tea" every morning..just fresh pressed and no sugar added. Might prefer to add a bit sugar if used as cold juice, but far less sugar than finished products. Down here, CdO its about P25,- pr kilo

I make my own juice, from fruit and vegetables.
Actually it's a great way of getting your 5 a day, as you can use large quantities of carrots or beets for example... with just a bit of fruit.
It's not cheap though. You'll need a juice machine - which costs a few thousand pesos. They are sold at S&R and probably at some malls.
A budget approach can be to use a food processor , which will result in a mash or shake rather than a juice.
The price of ingredients varies enormously, according to quality and vendor etc.
It's fun to try various recipes, create your own, and see the effect of adding and removing certain fruit or veg. For example, I've learned that the inclusion of a few apples will make any concoction pleasantly sweet - with no need for actual sugar.

• Like 1
Tullioz

I bought this juicer about five years ago for around P1,600 if I remember correctly. I even used it commercially for two of those years to extract fruit juices when I was manufacturing ice cream, and it is still going strong today. It works as advertised and while you're not going to get P50 per liter juice in most cases, at least you will know you are getting 100% pure juice. It is not a lot of fun to clean, but the health benefits outweigh the trouble.

juice.jpg.285ecfffa851d37634f5e4bc7b26baa7.jpg

Below is a video of the for sale on TV version, it looks a little different and the price is much higher, but the model that can be found in the malls like the one I have works exactly the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q6PYJMKF30

Edited by Tullioz
Richard K

I brought a centrifugal juicer with me when I came here.. grinds it, spins out the juice from the pulp. I used it maybe 2 times. Too much work to keep it clean.Now I blend and get all the roughage... I use whatever is handy.. Ripe mango, banana with a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg and either just mineral water or milk is my current fav for breakfast. 

• Administrator
Salty Dog
I brought a centrifugal juicer with me when I came here.. grinds it, spins out the juice from the pulp. I used it maybe 2 times. Too much work to keep it clean.Now I blend and get all the roughage... I use whatever is handy.. Ripe mango, banana with a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg and either just mineral water or milk is my current fav for breakfast. 

I wouldn't try that with most citrus fruits through. Their rind is notoriously bitter...

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Headshot

I prefer using a blender. That way I get all of the fiber in the pulp. With a juicer, you lose all of that goodness. Then again, I stick to fruits. With veggies, you pretty much have to use a juicer to get something that is drinkable. I use all kinds of tropical fruits as they are in season, and I like to use some add-ins like cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla or extracts (lemon, rum, coconut, etc.) to give variety in the flavor.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
rfm010

If you're just looking for a flavored drink just put a bit of lemon or calamansi in your water.  In a pinch you can get lemon flavor at a store, same place you would get vanilla.  Strawberry and cherry flavoring works for me also.  Drop or 2 in a glass is plenty.  Then munch your fruit on the side to get it's full benefits.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
...Then munch your fruit on the side to get it's full benefits.

The side of the fruit? Which side...

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk