Do As I Say, Not As I Did...

cebubird

Head-over-heels in love at first sight.

Told her everything-good-bad-ugly.

K-!  paperwork signed/sealed/mailed w/i 3 weeks, married her/never looked back.

Didn't want a kid, but unbridled passion at wrong time of month caught up with us. lol

8 years and loving her/us, son/family and thank God everyday for leading me on a path that was purely "coincidence".

Edited by cebubird
  • Like 6
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• Salty Dog

• TequilaSunset

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem is a lot of them just spend most of their days sitting on their asses eating and gossiping and when they get to the promised land they want to continue doing just that, The problem is

My first visit, in 1994, I didn't visit the Philippines to find a Filipina. I visited with my friend Ian so that he could visit his Filipina "pen pal" This was in the days when you had to write s

Here's why I stuck it out 6 yrs to court my then wife to be before we got married. It was worth the wait.      

Posted Images

angbumabasa
On 22/04/2017 at 8:11 AM, M.C.A. said:

I was a player and was TAD to the USNS Chauvenet for 6 months out of the year, 

Did you know Dave Somers? He rode that ship for years long ago.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Is this like one of those FB things where you answer questions and post it for your friends to do the same?

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon
5 hours ago, Jim Sibbick said:

In Australia, after 9 years, Nide met an Italian man with 300 acres of Oranges and decided life would be better with him.

So how did things work out with Ian and Margie? 

• Like 1
Paul
6 hours ago, Jim Sibbick said:

Since the divorce, Paul (ADMIN) tells me I have had more Filipina girlfriends than hot dinners.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, angbumabasa said:

Did you know Dave Somers? He rode that ship for years long ago.

Tried to PM you ... but there's no option to do that?  I don't know Dave Somers, I was TAD off and on from 85 - 87, rescue crewman HSL-31.

• Like 1
angbumabasa
12 minutes ago, M.C.A. said:

Tried to PM you ... but there's no option to do that?  I don't know Dave Somers, I was TAD off and on from 85 - 87, rescue crewman HSL-31.

Hydrographic Survey Launch 31. Understand. Dave was a e-tech with NAVO. Born to missionaries in India he was with NAVO for a very long time. Typical for his deployments were 60 days out, 60 days in so it's probable during that time frame you would have seen him but never interfaced with him on HSL surveys but he did participate in shore parties. His duties would have been maintenance and repair on electronics to include sonars.

• Like 1
SkyMan
On 4/22/2017 at 2:19 AM, Salty Dog said:

I was wondering how many of you followed your own advise when it came to things like:

Not going to go through the whole list.  Some I agree with stronger than others and some I disagree with.  As for my own personal experience I, sadly, wasn't a LinCer then so didn't have all of these advices so had to go my own and I think I did very well.  Advice can be developed by being rewarded for doing the right thing or punished for screwing up.  It can also come from others who have done right and/or screwed up.  But it's not usually hard and fast and shouldn't be taken as gospel.

• Like 3
Headshot

An old guy once told me that all safety rules are written in blood. In other words, somebody screwed up and got injured badly or killed before others decided it was time to write a rule. There are no actual rules for relationships in the Philippines, but I would suppose that most of these "rules" were derived from others having bad experiences. If enough guys have the same bad experience doing something, then it is probably a good idea for others to pay attention and avoid that. Even though experiences are anecdotal evidence, they can still give guidance if there are enough similar experiences.

Nobody is forced to follow all of the "rules" and I suspect that very few of us did (since most of us didn't have the experience of others to guide us when we were going through this for ourselves, so we didn't even know there were "rules"). We also tend to think of ourselves as somehow unique (and invulnerable to harm), thinking that bad things could never happen to us, so we tend to ignore others who warn us that our behavior is risky. We think, "my sweetie would never do that to me". While it is almost always better to learn from the mistakes of others, few of us actually do so. We have to learn for ourselves when we get personally burned.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 6
TequilaSunset

We also tend to think of ourselves as somehow unique (and invulnerable to harm), thinking that bad things could never happen to us, so we tend to ignore others who warn us that our behavior is risky. 

Then there is those of us (or just me) that are paranoid and their spidey senses are always on alert :crazy:

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
Then there is those of us (or just me) that are paranoid and their spidey senses are always on alert :crazy:

What do you think made you that way...

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

ex231
1 hour ago, TequilaSunset said:

I hear you and am the same way. But trust me when i tell you that some in the Philippines are masters of illusion and you'll never even see it coming.

• Like 5
TequilaSunset
2 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

What do you think made you that way...

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

A thing called LIFE... been on the short end of the stick way too much the first part of my life, and 2nd part of my life trusting is a battle. 

41 minutes ago, ex231 said:

I hear you and am the same way. But trust me when i tell you that some in the Philippines are masters of illusion and you'll never even see it coming.

Yeah but that applies to anywhere any time... there will always be con artists, haters, evil etc... something the avg snowflake cannot grasp. 

smokey

so lets see a guy jay walks all the time and  one day  gets hit by a car and spends most if not all  of his money in the hospital... goes on a forum and tells everyone i think if you jaywalk its bad and then everyone says... just because you got hit dont mean he will so let him experience it for himself...  

• Like 1