We're moving to the Philippines!!! :)

RickandSue

Rick and Sue here... we're finally going to fulfill our fantasy and move to the Philippines! Rick was there two years ago and fell in love with the culture/people. We have targeted Cebu and would LOVE any and all suggestions for locations/communities. Rick just purchased a ticket today for April 8th for a one-week stay to look for our first apartment. We have a bankroll in hand and are starting up our internet business over the next three weeks to establish over the next six months before we move. Once established, we will then make our move. Passports are ready, and we are ready!!!

Does anyone have advice for Rick for his April 8th visit regarding specific locations to look for / look out for when he's viewing our potential new home? Any and all advice is more than welcomed. Knowledge is power, and we are open to all comments/suggestions.

THANK YOU! :huh:

Rick & Sue

Bob Ward

The first thing you will have to do is give an idea of what your budget is. You can get a nice apartment/house in Talisay for X price. But the same accommodations will cost you 2X if you are in Banilad.

sheffieldmel

If you dont mind living out of the city centre a place in yati liloan about 2 mile north called eastlands is ok for 15k a month you can get a 4 bedroom house with shared pool. It's a nice safe place with guards on the gate one down side is taxi drivers will want 50 pesos extra to take you from the city but the total fare will only be about 250 so compared to uk or us it is very cheap.

RickandSue
:welcome: To the forums

Thanks, Highlander! We couldn't be more excited as we embark on our new life!!

Sue

RickandSue
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Many thanks, Steve -- we're looking forward to learning more from this wonderful site.

Rick and Sue

RickandSue
If you dont mind living out of the city centre a place in yati liloan about 2 mile north called eastlands is ok for 15k a month you can get a 4 bedroom house with shared pool. It's a nice safe place with guards on the gate one down side is taxi drivers will want 50 pesos extra to take you from the city but the total fare will only be about 250 so compared to uk or us it is very cheap.

I appreciate the tip, Sheffieldmel! We will look into that online before Rick's trip on April 8th. He will be sure to stop by to see it. Do you know how we can get directions to this community?

~ Sue

I appreciate the tip, Sheffieldmel! We will look into that online before Rick's trip on April 8th. He will be sure to stop by to see it. Do you know how we can get directions to this community?

~ Sue

Just drive north on the national highway. Liloan is north of Consolacion, Eastland is straight/half left when the road in Liloan takes a sharp right turn. Very easy to find.

RickandSue
Just drive north on the national highway. Liloan is north of Consolacion, Eastland is straight/half left when the road in Liloan takes a sharp right turn. Very easy to find.

WOW! Thank you, scianna -- this is so helpful; we really appreciate this info! :lol:

I can't tell you how excited we are to begin our new life. I (Sue) was just layed off from the job I'd had for nearly nine years... actually, the timing couldn't be better, as I have been thinking about making a change for over a year now. This was just the push in the right direction for us. Our kids are all grown (youngest off to college in the Fall), and there's really nothing else keeping us in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., anymore. We've both been here for 20+ years (and married for almost 11 of those), and we're ready to leave the 'hustle and bustle' of city life behind...

This is the story of Ricky and his girl Sue. Two young lovers with nuttin better to do... than to move to the Philippines. Congratulations!

sheffieldmel

If you e-mail me at [email protected] i could give you a couple of phone numbers of people who have property to rent at eastlands

RickandSue
If you e-mail me at [email protected] i could give you a couple of phone numbers of people who have property to rent at eastlands

You are wonderful!!! I'll send you an email from my personal address (live.com address). THANK YOU!!!!!

~ Sue

RickandSue
This is the story of Ricky and his girl Sue. Two young lovers with nuttin better to do... than to move to the Philippines. Congratulations!

:D Hahahahahah! EXCELLENT!!! :)