Sign in to follow this  
Mikala

Ong Kin King Baking Company - Osmena Blvd

Mikala

While walking back from Colon street, I noticed this baking supply company. It didn't look too big, but I went inside and found it to have some of the basics. I doubt I'll ever return though!

IMG_5953.jpg

IMG_5954.jpg

IMG_5955.jpg

IMG_5956.jpg

IMG_5959.jpg

IMG_5960.jpg

IMG_5961.jpg

IMG_5962.jpg

IMG_5964.jpg

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

• Like 5

samatm

nice pics..  did the store not freak out withyou taking photos of every square inch of their place!?   I believe their main branch .. does most of the business and this is just a "pretty front"  public facing outlet.

• Like 1

Mikala
1 hour ago, samatm said:
nice pics..  did the store not freak out withyou taking photos of every square inch of their place!?   I believe their main branch .. does most of the business and this is just a "pretty front"  public facing outlet.

Nobody there even offered to assist me. Didn't seem like the 4 employees knew I was there.

Edited by Mikala

Headshot

What cross street is it at on Osmena? It looks like they have baking supplies not commonly available here.

Mikala
5 minutes ago, Headshot said:

What cross street is it at on Osmena? It looks like they have baking supplies not commonly available here.

I’d say the Baking Depot located nearby Robinsons Galleria has a MUCH better supply than Ong Kin King. They’re on Arellano Blvd. in the North Reclamation Area (across the street from Galleria and towards SM about 50 meters).

Ong Kin King Baking Company is on Osmena Blvd at V. Urgello Street.

Edited by Mikala

Headshot
12 minutes ago, Mikala said:

I’d say the Baking Depot located nearby Robinsons Galleria has a MUCH better supply than Ong Kin King. They’re on Arellano Blvd. in the North Reclamation Area (across the street from Galleria and towards SM about 50 meters).

Ong Kin King Baking Company is on Osmena Blvd at V. Urgello Street.

Thanks

• Like 1

greatplace

Can you buy Self Raising flour and Vanilla Extract because you can't get it here?????????????

RogerDat

I have not seen self rising flour in 12 years here, but vanilla extract can be found many places. That 3rd picture from bottom is where I would look.

• Like 1

Mikala
Can you buy Self Raising flour and Vanilla Extract because you can't get it here?????????????

I haven't seen any self rising flour either. The yeast I've found here comes in huge blocks. Vanilla extract I've found at Rustans Ayala. Rustans and Metro Ayala have a decent selection of flour (for Cebu).

greatplace

Thanks guys I will add it to my long shopping list for my next trip too Cebu

bernadette

i have seen a self rising flour at caro and marie last year but i dunno if it is still available now 

• Like 1

SkyMan
On 4/20/2017 at 11:01 AM, Mikala said:

Vanilla extract I've found at Rustans Ayala.

Thanks.  I've found a lot of vanilla flavoring but no extract.

• Like 2

Mikala
7 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Thanks.  I've found a lot of vanilla flavoring but no extract.

Luck of the draw! :D Good thing I bought 2 bottles! :)

RogerDat

just read the difference between extract, and flavoring. Says extract is $5 a unit, where flavoring is much cheaper. Also extract is done with alcohol, all I have tasted here are with alcohol.

Enuff

Just left there. Ong Kin King aka The Bakery Depot (same place with multiple locations) has been shut down 3 weeks ago by BIR.

Oddly enuff I just found 1st class flour at Fooda. They had 2 different brands. SM and Gaisano did not have.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 1