Sign in to follow this  
Enuff

Green Grass Swimming Pool - Compostela

cvgtpc1

We had a party at Calawayan Resort in Marabut, Samar.  Similiar but your place was a steal for that price.

• Like 1

Lee

:thumbsup: Great place Greg and great party, thank you for inviting my wife and I, :thumbsup: we really enjoyed meeting up with some of the members as well as the great food and many wonderful people who were also invited to be there. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Headshot
1 hour ago, Enuff said:

It's a bit out of the way, some would say off the beaten path but it's only about 1km from National Highway.

It would help finding the place if they would put up good signs at the highway and at all major turns. We got lost going there. The roads going in aren't much more than wide goat paths.

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=10.438689&lon=124.005883&z=17&m=b&show=/36639807/Green-Grass-Resort&search=green grass resort

The pool is not large, but it is very, very clean. We had a lot of fun. Thanks Greg.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2

Mikal
54 minutes ago, Enuff said:

We rented the entire resort for the day (9am-5pm) for p1500 good for 20 guests and p50 each guest after. We had about 50 total do p3000 for the day (weekdays are p1000).

Wait, the entire place for 1k php?

• Like 1

Enuff
39 minutes ago, Mikal said:

Wait, the entire place for 1k php?

during the week p1k for up to 20 guests, then p50 per person after.

weekends is p1500 for entire place and then p50 after the 1st 20 guests.

• Like 2

cvgtpc1

But in addition did you cover food and drinks?  Your 3000P was only for admission I think?

• Like 1

Enuff
6 minutes ago, cvgtpc1 said:

But in addition did you cover food and drinks?  Your 3000P was only for admission I think?

yes but they had a nice sized grill available 

cooked 5kilo fish, 10kilo pork and 10kilo chicken + brought pancit canton, lumpia, mommas fried chicken, hanging rice and I made 30 grilled cheese sandwiches. 

we brought 3 cases sodas and 26 stallions of red horse. left with not much.

• Like 1

billy

Where are the pictures? It would be nice to see

Enuff

FB_IMG_1492312708427.jpg

FB_IMG_1492312704277.jpg

FB_IMG_1492312701287.jpg

FB_IMG_1492312685976.jpg

FB_IMG_1492312670098.jpg

FB_IMG_1492312646687.jpg

FB_IMG_1492312624112.jpg

FB_IMG_1492312640861.jpg

• Like 6

Tom in Texas
37 minutes ago, Enuff said:

yes but they had a nice sized grill available 

cooked 5kilo fish, 10kilo pork and 10kilo chicken + brought pancit canton, lumpia, mommas fried chicken, hanging rice and I made 30 grilled cheese sandwiches. 

we brought 3 cases sodas and 26 stallions of red horse. left with not much.

What.... you "left with not much."  How??  

Every gathering we have ends with zero left.  I used to ask where everything went, and my wife would sweetly explain, "Dahdeeee, our custom guest take home everything left."  

I no longer ask.  I just buy double what we need so all the guests will leave happy.  If they leave happy, my wife is happy...... my wife is happy, I'm happy. 

I do not know if this is a Phi custom, or just my wife's custom. ??

• Like 1

Headshot

Most of Greg's guests were Kanos with their wives and kids. They aren't likely to take food home from a party unless asked to do so by the host.

• Like 2

Enuff
57 minutes ago, Tom in Texas said:

What.... you "left with not much."  How??  

Every gathering we have ends with zero left.  I used to ask where everything went, and my wife would sweetly explain, "Dahdeeee, our custom guest take home everything left."  

I no longer ask.  I just buy double what we need so all the guests will leave happy.  If they leave happy, my wife is happy...... my wife is happy, I'm happy. 

I do not know if this is a Phi custom, or just my wife's custom. ??

What was left went back home with us along with about 30 guests/relative.

Everything was polished off and they were gone by 9pm.

• Like 3

Tom in Texas
3 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Most of Greg's guests were Kanos with their wives and kids. They aren't likely to take food home from a party unless asked to do so by the host.

My post, while true, was intended as a humorous antidote related to Greg's post, not an anthropological discussion of Kano vs Filipino culture.

However, all of our guests at gatherings in Lapu-Lapu are Filipino.  At our gatherings here in the States almost all Kano with Filipina wives/family.  

Same result in both countries, when gathering is wraping up, the wives are all laughing and talking at once while splitting everything into "to go" containers, which I am perfectly happy with in both countries.  As I clearly stated, perhaps this is "just my wife's custom."

• Like 2