Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Enuff

Green Grass Swimming Pool - Compostela

Recommended Posts

cvgtpc1

We had a party at Calawayan Resort in Marabut, Samar.  Similiar but your place was a steal for that price.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lee

:thumbsup: Great place Greg and great party, thank you for inviting my wife and I, :thumbsup: we really enjoyed meeting up with some of the members as well as the great food and many wonderful people who were also invited to be there. :thumbsup: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
1 hour ago, Enuff said:

It's a bit out of the way, some would say off the beaten path but it's only about 1km from National Highway.

It would help finding the place if they would put up good signs at the highway and at all major turns. We got lost going there. The roads going in aren't much more than wide goat paths.

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=10.438689&lon=124.005883&z=17&m=b&show=/36639807/Green-Grass-Resort&search=green grass resort

The pool is not large, but it is very, very clean. We had a lot of fun. Thanks Greg.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikal
54 minutes ago, Enuff said:

We rented the entire resort for the day (9am-5pm) for p1500 good for 20 guests and p50 each guest after. We had about 50 total do p3000 for the day (weekdays are p1000).

Wait, the entire place for 1k php?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enuff
39 minutes ago, Mikal said:

Wait, the entire place for 1k php?

during the week p1k for up to 20 guests, then p50 per person after.

weekends is p1500 for entire place and then p50 after the 1st 20 guests.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cvgtpc1

But in addition did you cover food and drinks?  Your 3000P was only for admission I think?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enuff
6 minutes ago, cvgtpc1 said:

But in addition did you cover food and drinks?  Your 3000P was only for admission I think?

yes but they had a nice sized grill available 

cooked 5kilo fish, 10kilo pork and 10kilo chicken + brought pancit canton, lumpia, mommas fried chicken, hanging rice and I made 30 grilled cheese sandwiches. 

we brought 3 cases sodas and 26 stallions of red horse. left with not much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billy

Where are the pictures? It would be nice to see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enuff

FB_IMG_1492312708427.jpg

FB_IMG_1492312704277.jpg

FB_IMG_1492312701287.jpg

FB_IMG_1492312685976.jpg

FB_IMG_1492312670098.jpg

FB_IMG_1492312646687.jpg

FB_IMG_1492312624112.jpg

FB_IMG_1492312640861.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom in Texas
37 minutes ago, Enuff said:

yes but they had a nice sized grill available 

cooked 5kilo fish, 10kilo pork and 10kilo chicken + brought pancit canton, lumpia, mommas fried chicken, hanging rice and I made 30 grilled cheese sandwiches. 

we brought 3 cases sodas and 26 stallions of red horse. left with not much.

What.... you "left with not much."  How??  

Every gathering we have ends with zero left.  I used to ask where everything went, and my wife would sweetly explain, "Dahdeeee, our custom guest take home everything left."  

I no longer ask.  I just buy double what we need so all the guests will leave happy.  If they leave happy, my wife is happy...... my wife is happy, I'm happy. 

I do not know if this is a Phi custom, or just my wife's custom. ??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

Most of Greg's guests were Kanos with their wives and kids. They aren't likely to take food home from a party unless asked to do so by the host.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enuff
57 minutes ago, Tom in Texas said:

What.... you "left with not much."  How??  

Every gathering we have ends with zero left.  I used to ask where everything went, and my wife would sweetly explain, "Dahdeeee, our custom guest take home everything left."  

I no longer ask.  I just buy double what we need so all the guests will leave happy.  If they leave happy, my wife is happy...... my wife is happy, I'm happy. 

I do not know if this is a Phi custom, or just my wife's custom. ??

What was left went back home with us along with about 30 guests/relative.

Everything was polished off and they were gone by 9pm.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom in Texas
3 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Most of Greg's guests were Kanos with their wives and kids. They aren't likely to take food home from a party unless asked to do so by the host.

My post, while true, was intended as a humorous antidote related to Greg's post, not an anthropological discussion of Kano vs Filipino culture.

However, all of our guests at gatherings in Lapu-Lapu are Filipino.  At our gatherings here in the States almost all Kano with Filipina wives/family.  

Same result in both countries, when gathering is wraping up, the wives are all laughing and talking at once while splitting everything into "to go" containers, which I am perfectly happy with in both countries.  As I clearly stated, perhaps this is "just my wife's custom."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Sailfish Bay Fishing Charters

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..