United Airlines "we will drag your a$$ off"

to_dave007

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.. 

the airlines demand it...  we know that.

the police and other authorities demand it.. we know that too

and guess what ..regular people demand it as well....

and many travellers are sick of being treated with disrespect in the post 9/11 world.

and that's what has so many people upset at United in this instance. There were so many other ways to handle this..  respectful ways..  without ANYBODY getting upset.

United appears to have forgotten the lessons of the "United Breaks Guitars" fiasco  (Nice song by a Canadian song writer who watched as United mishandled and broke his guitar, then refused to pay for it. I'm watching to see who comes up with the best parody video for this fiasco). Sincerely hope this will costs United some money.

• Like 5
  • Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USMC-Retired

• Davaoeno

• Enuff

• Kabisay-an gid

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New United Airlines Motto’s: “Drag and Drop” “We put the hospital in hospitality” “Board as a doctor, leave as a patient” “Our prices can’t be beaten, but our passen

facts 1. he had purchased a seat, boarded the fcuking plane and was sitting in his seat. 2. the airline oversold the flight? correction, they had four employees flying that were added which

United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz has defiantly stated he will not quit. "You'd have to drag me out."

Posted Images

sugbu777
12 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Sincerely hope this will costs United some money

Unfortunately, United will just pass this on to the flying public in fees, fare hikes or whatever works in their favor.

samatm
13 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.. 

the airlines demand it...  we know that.

the police and other authorities demand it.. we know that too

and guess what ..regular people demand it as well....

and many travellers are sick of being treated with disrespect in the post 9/11 world.

and that's what has so many people upset at United in this instance. There were so many other ways to handle this..  respectful ways..  without ANYBODY getting upset.

United appears to have forgotten the lessons of the "United Breaks Guitars" fiasco  (Nice song by a Canadian song writer who watched as United mishandled and broke his guitar, then refused to pay for it. I'm watching to see who comes up with the best parody video for this fiasco). Sincerely hope this will costs United some money.

jimmy kimmel had a good parody:    Uniteds  obtuse reaction was worse than the actual handling...that they could have called into question the methods of the local law enforcement..   They blew it.    I like United..  and i hate to see them blunder...but boy their PR Head needs to fired.  

• Like 2

Volunteer means “someone who does something without being forced to do it,” especially a person who joins the military or who does work for no pay. It comes from Latin and has been used in English since about 1600, but shares roots with the older word voluntary, both going back to the Latin verb velle meaning “to will” or “to wish.” Some of the interest in the definition of volunteer may come from the wording of the statement from United, since a person who did not volunteer to leave was then described as refusing “to leave the aircraft voluntarily”—and subsequently being forced to do it.

• Like 4
to_dave007
6 minutes ago, tonny said:

Volunteer means “someone who does something without being forced to do it,” especially a person who joins the military or who does work for no pay. It comes from Latin and has been used in English since about 1600, but shares roots with the older word voluntary, both going back to the Latin verb velle meaning “to will” or “to wish.” Some of the interest in the definition of volunteer may come from the wording of the statement from United, since a person who did not volunteer to leave was then described as refusing “to leave the aircraft voluntarily”—and subsequently being forced to do it.

agree..  and United could have got the required # of volunteers by simply raising their financial offer.  And everyone would have been happy. 

• Like 3
samatm

They should have kept going up on their offer....   Someone would have bitten..   The report i read said UA  stoppped at the 800.00 offer and a free hotel.   They would have found a taker.    I would take the Money.. and fricking drive.    UA  could have rescheduled them on another flight.. or carrier. 

• Like 2
to_dave007
1 minute ago, samatm said:

They should have kept going up on their offer....   Someone would have bitten..   The report i read said UA  stoppped at the 800.00 offer and a free hotel.   They would have found a taker.    I would take the Money.. and fricking drive.    UA  could have rescheduled them on another flight.. or carrier. 

From what I read it seems the correct procedures call for offers up to $1300+..  per seat..  It does seem they stopped at 800...

• Like 2
guardsman
Just now, to_dave007 said:

From what I read it seems the correct procedures call for offers up to $1300+..  per seat..  It does seem they stopped at 800...

even $1,300 looks ridiculously cheap now.

• Like 4
Ozepete

Far out, this story has gone viral, it's even doing laps down here for Christs sake. Surely there is something more important to get excited about than some dubious doc get flicked off a plane? :rolleyes:

Also the press here say the plane was operated by a sub contractor to UA. Is that right?

Mikala
1 hour ago, guardsman said:

Bumping someone at check in?  Part of the game for regular travellers.  Dragging a checked, paid-for and ensconced passenger out of his seat?  This has never happened before in a 1st world country.

Perhaps you failed to read that I've been seated on a flight and bumped from that flight. It certainly made me unhappy, but I can read the contract and easily understand that it is their right to do so. The benefits I received from being bumped were enough to massage my feelings and I caught the next flight (sometimes 24 hours later). There was a tiny part of me that wanted to act out like a 7 year old, but I've long learned to control that irrational part of me. :)

• Like 1
Mikala
17 minutes ago, Enuff said:

perhaps at fcuking checkin those dipshit should have tried to entice 4 passengers and apparently the $1,000 wasn't enough. should they have gone to $2,000 maybe $10,000?

I've heard them ask for volunteers for various cash amounts dozens of times at the gate. Usually there are more volunteers than they need. I've usually tried to volunteer too, as the rewards outweigh the disadvantages.

Obviously the CEO sees this as a problem only due to the media. This was not against the rules or regulations (except for if they didn't give him written notice - if required). I never had written notice of anything when I got bumped.