United Airlines "we will drag your a$$ off"

SkyMan
52 minutes ago, Mikala said:

As I'm not a snowflake, I endure the inconvenience like a mature adult.

How about the United employee that wasn't scheduled on that flight to endure the inconvenience like a mature adult?  They needed staff in another location because of (whatever) it's the airlines fault.  I do agree the guy's a whack job but that's no excuse.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 9
  • Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USMC-Retired

• Davaoeno

• Enuff

• Kabisay-an gid

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New United Airlines Motto’s: “Drag and Drop” “We put the hospital in hospitality” “Board as a doctor, leave as a patient” “Our prices can’t be beaten, but our passen

facts 1. he had purchased a seat, boarded the fcuking plane and was sitting in his seat. 2. the airline oversold the flight? correction, they had four employees flying that were added which

United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz has defiantly stated he will not quit. "You'd have to drag me out."

Posted Images

Mikala
Just now, SkyMan said:

How about the United employee that wasn't scheduled on that fright to endure the inconvenience like a mature adult?  They needed staff in another location because of (whatever) it's the airlines fault.  I do agree the guy's a whack job but that's no excuse.

If United decided that their staff needed to go to some tiny town in Kentucky to take care of some business, then I believe it's their right to bump the passenger. Would you think they'd bump a paying passenger if it wasn't absolutely necessary? I don't think they're that stupid. Give them some credit for not being idiots and then your question is moot.

Was what United did against the law? Did United do what was best for their business? End of story. If you had a business, then you also would do what is best for your business.

Of course, the story caused more headaches for United than it was worth, but it was unforeseen the snowflake public's reaction (or maybe it is foreseen when you consider the maturity of the American public).

guardsman
3 minutes ago, Mikala said:

Did United do what was best for their business?

The overwhelming response here is 'no'.

• Like 4
Mikala
4 minutes ago, guardsman said:

The overwhelming response here is 'no'.

That's after the fact that they initially followed procedure and did what was best for their business.

After the fact, they regret the negative publicity of the immature American public that's been taught not to take responsibility for anything in their lives. It's a sad fact, but hopefully reversible. Teaching folks to be mature takes time and patience.

I also tend to think that you're inaccurate in your assessment. Start a poll here on LinC and I believe the proof will be in the pudding. :)

Edited by Mikala
  • Like 1
smokey
44 minutes ago, Mikala said:

According to the news, United did offer $1,000 to the first 4 people that volunteered to be bumped and got no volunteers. Then they went to randomly selecting 4 people and the other 3 people left peacefully, while the esteemed (or deranged) Dr. Dau decided to be a moron.

In my opinion, Dr. Dau should be blacklisted from flying. Passengers like him are the reason some of my flights have been delayed.

I continue to use United Airlines as my carrier of choice due to 4 decades of experience with them.

United's CEO's apology (to me) is another example of what shouldn't be done. United followed their procedures and the guy was just being a jerk. The guy should be apologizing profusely for disrupting other passengers. Instead of doing what's right, now he's going to crybaby at the hospital and probably claim that he injured his back and try to screw United out of some cash, thus raising my ticket prices.

I gotta' agree with you there. Continentals flight crew were friendlier, but I've never had a problem on United. Just don't like going thru Guam. :)

1,000 shee I would of jumped up .... guy was a dim rod

• Like 4
SkyMan
16 minutes ago, Mikala said:

If United decided that their staff needed to go to some tiny town in Kentucky to take care of some business, then I believe it's their right to bump the passenger.

Not after he's boarded and sitting in his assigned seat.  No way, they screwed up and decided to screw him to fix it.  Very bad form.  A service organization doesn't screw its own customers and expect to continue business long.

18 minutes ago, Mikala said:

ould you think they'd bump a paying passenger if it wasn't absolutely necessary?

That's what they did, yes.

• Like 1
Mandingo
13 minutes ago, Mikala said:

Did United do what was best for their business?

In the end with all the negative publicity they got, both domestic and foreign, I don't think they did what best for business but that was their call. If I where part of United's management team I'd be looking to do some damage control ASAP. 

• Like 1
guardsman
4 minutes ago, Mikala said:

I also tend to think that you're inaccurate in your assessment. Start a poll here on LinC and I believe the proof will be in the pudding. :)

I don't know how to start a poll nor would I want to.  Whatever the legality of dragging a bloke off a plane it was a terrible decision and morally corrupt.

Bumping someone at check in?  Part of the game for regular travellers.  Dragging a checked, paid-for and ensconced passenger out of his seat?  This has never happened before in a 1st world country.

• Like 3
Jester

Negative publicity? United is now my favorite airline.   If I was there I would have helped drag his crazy butt off the plane.   I'm so F**&&^%^$$ sick of people who think they are special.  

When you buy a ticket, you are agreeing to abide by their rules, don't like it don't buy the ticket!

• Like 2
SkyMan
4 minutes ago, Mandingo said:

If I where part of United's management team I'd be looking to do some damage control ASAP. 

Too late for that.  The CEO already came out supporting the action so any other managers trying to do damage control would be going against him and likely punished.

Jester
1 minute ago, SkyMan said:

Too late for that.  The CEO already came out supporting the action so any other managers trying to do damage control would be going against him and likely punished.

My hero CEO succumbed to the pressure and now is trying to do damage control,  wimp!

• Like 1
guardsman
4 minutes ago, Jester said:

When you buy a ticket, you are agreeing to abide by their rules, don't like it don't buy the ticket!

When you buy a ticket there is an expectation that they will convey you from Point A to Point B on time and to schedule and on the seat you booked.

This is the fundamental principle of a contract. 

Everything else is is down to United's failure to honour that contract and hell mend them.

• Like 4
Jester
1 minute ago, guardsman said:

When you buy a ticket there is an expectation that they will convey you from Point A to Point B on time and to schedule and on the seat you booked.

This is the fundamental principle of a contract. 

Everything else is is down to United's failure to honour that contract and hell mend them.

What year did you graduate law school?

guardsman
2 minutes ago, Jester said:

What year did you graduate law school?

Not even been to Uni.  We do, though, make contracts every day.  It certainly doesn't need a lawyer to figure this out.

• Like 1