Jump to content

What was the worst food that you were served here ?


Davaoeno

Recommended Posts

Canuck Joe

Usually a disappointment when eating out randomly picking places...have my go to spots where I can count on consistent good food and service. 

Even back in Canada I usually feel let down after spending truckload of money to eat out....i think it's because we just make dam good home cooked meals lol??

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • NOSOCALPINOY

    9

  • sugbu777

    8

  • lamoe

    7

  • Salty Dog

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought a bottle of wine today and the label on the back read, 'Usually drunk with pizza.' I thought, "What a coincidence, so am I."

There are just so many that it would be hard to pick just one.  

Let's hope this thread can be steered back towards worst foods that are intended for hungry foreigners... Quite obviously balut, Jollibee, Yellow Scab Pizza and such are not geared towards foreigners

Posted Images

max chicken was okay last year, but i don't like chicken...

Link to post
Share on other sites
NOSOCALPINOY

What I don't like about some of the roasted chicken here, they all have the same taste like Chooks, Andoks and just recently S&R's roasted chicken. So now we just buy whole chicken, put our own seasoning we want and or just salt and pepper to taste and throw it in our electric turbo oven and get a plain roasted chicken that doesn't taste like the local's Chooks or Andok's roasted chicken. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
NOSOCALPINOY

This is why most of the Pinoy chickens sold in stores tastes the same, because they copy others and think it's the best tasting chicken (Lechon Manok) in the world, but at times I just want a plain tasting chicken without it pumped full or soaked in Lechon marinade, which gets old after awhile for those who love their roasted chicken plain, but Pig Lechon is another story.  

 

 

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mandingo

Burger Machine in Manila!

 

 2379411570_4c83d0e98e.jpg.3e08605dce25b4587595688fa4a517dc.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Enuff
2 minutes ago, Mandingo said:

Burger Machine in Manila!

 

 2379411570_4c83d0e98e.jpg.3e08605dce25b4587595688fa4a517dc.jpg

If you had a bad meal there then that is on you!

Why on earth would one even attempt to dine at a burger stall in the middle of the road?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
USMC-Retired

I would not expect a Burger Machine to be a 5 star joint.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mandingo
18 minutes ago, Enuff said:

If you had a bad meal there then that is on you!

Why on earth would one even attempt to dine at a burger stall in the middle of the road?

At 5am, before I met my wife and after a all nighter, is seemed to be a good idea. 

 I have had some great food from roach-coaches "parked in the middle of the road" back home but yeah I know what you mean. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
NOSOCALPINOY

Balut alley or sidewalk venders?

Don't forget the rock salt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
lolhahaha

I recently made the mistake of ordering something that I knew they couldn't possibly make correctly but I wanted to try it anyway just to see. It was at one of the "good" local restaurants and whenever we order a whole or half chicken its better than at most other places.

They had Tandoori Chicken on the menu and I figured it'd be one of those 1/2 chickens cooked somewhat like a Tandoori Chicken is supposed to be but what we got made me laugh my ass off and after tasting it my wife ended up eating it because I thought it was disgusting. They gave us a plate with about 8 fried chicken fingers, just like the frozen ones you heat up in the oven, with this nasty filipino margarine sauce about 1/2 an inch thick all over all of the chicken. The chicken fingers by themselves or with some BBQ sauce to dip them in might have been alright but that globbed margarine crap just made it horrendous. She actually kinda liked it but said we should have just ordered a 1/2 chicken instead.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
lolhahaha
On 4/12/2017 at 0:22 PM, NOSOCALPINOY said:

What I don't like about some of the roasted chicken here, they all have the same taste like Chooks, Andoks and just recently S&R's roasted chicken. So now we just buy whole chicken, put our own seasoning we want and or just salt and pepper to taste and throw it in our electric turbo oven and get a plain roasted chicken that doesn't taste like the local's Chooks or Andok's roasted chicken. 

I bake chickens in our oven rotisserie all the time with my own garden grown spices put on it + injected in it too and it turns out excellent every time. The funny thing is that whenever my wifes family comes over they always look at the chicken and think it's not cooked enough (no soy sauce) and then cut off pieces and fry it in a pan with soy sauce thrown on it.

My wife tries to explain to them that it's the soy sauce that makes their chickens turn out dark brown/black and mine actually tastes better but I guess some filipinos can't eat chicken unless it always tastes exactly the same. It's like if in the US you made a perfect burger on the grill and then when it's time to eat everybody tried to totally dry it out and turn it into a Mc Donalds burger.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

finally ordered zebuchon at zebuchon and it tastes chicken!

I swear there is a pig right in the kitchen, but it really tastes chicken

not bad chicken. just don't like it, especially it's 3 pax.

Link to post
Share on other sites
goggleye

Papaitan   -  goat cooked with its own bile  I try everything with an open mind but  yechhhhhh

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
goggleye
9 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

I bake chickens in our oven rotisserie all the time with my own garden grown spices put on it + injected in it too and it turns out excellent every time. The funny thing is that whenever my wifes family comes over they always look at the chicken and think it's not cooked enough (no soy sauce) and then cut off pieces and fry it in a pan with soy sauce thrown on it.

My wife tries to explain to them that it's the soy sauce that makes their chickens turn out dark brown/black and mine actually tastes better but I guess some filipinos can't eat chicken unless it always tastes exactly the same. It's like if in the US you made a perfect burger on the grill and then when it's time to eat everybody tried to totally dry it out and turn it into a Mc Donalds burger.

Filipinos - especially on the lower end of the socioeconomic strata  - hardly like anything that doesnt taste like they are used to  - for they most part they are not adventuresome eaters 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
samatm

bagoong pink smelly fetid puree.   just cant wrap my mind around how that is an appealing dish to Filipinos.   To each their own.   but ugggggs

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..