What was the worst food that you were served here ?

Davaoeno

Wolfpack
2 hours ago, USMC-Retired said:

I can eat almost any pizza and even those one take one burgers.  Yes I grew to even like Greenwich thin peporoni pizza.  

Yet there is absolutely nothing worse than Alberto's pizza.  It is something the devil made himself.  My above statement should probably for many clarify how bad it is.  

on a day that you have too much time on your hands, order one of those Greenwich frozen drinks (bring a bottle of Tequilla and Rum with you, helps to travel with a large cooler, easier to hide the booze)...and make your own mixed drink...good stuff :)

Everything tastes better...

• Like 1
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOSOCALPINOY

• sugbu777

• lamoe

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought a bottle of wine today and the label on the back read, 'Usually drunk with pizza.' I thought, "What a coincidence, so am I."

There are just so many that it would be hard to pick just one.  

Let's hope this thread can be steered back towards worst foods that are intended for hungry foreigners... Quite obviously balut, Jollibee, Yellow Scab Pizza and such are not geared towards foreigners

Posted Images

10 hours ago, sugbu777 said:

Gerry's Grill in SM Cebu. Pretty much non-existent service. Food - meh....and granddaughter got food poisoning there.

Gerry's Grill is the one right outside of one entry right? 2nd or 3rd floor?

They gave me spicy buko juice and kitchen fire alarm!

CommanderData
2 hours ago, Wolfpack said:

The owner of "the Social" @ Ayala recommended I try their "pulled pork sandwich"...so my wife and i BOTH ordered it....

It was by far the worse darn sandwich I ever had and my wife agreed, even she did not eat it...and she eats anything!!!

they must have been having a real bad day because the drinks we ordered were watered down and nasty...

I have eaten at The Social many times...this was my only disappointment...but geez, the owner recommended this terrible sandwich...he will be out of business if he keeps making suggesting like that!!!

I think they were having a bad day perhaps?

My girlfriend has eaten that, I think they call it a North Carolina pulled pork sandwich. The one with the red beet-slaw on it? Very messy, but I took a bite of hers and thought it was pretty good!

They used to have a Korean pulled pork sandwich on a black bun too. Not sure if that is still on the menu but I'll take a look soon... Flying back to Cebu again in 10 days- The Social and Abaca Baking Company are my usual dining spots to get good food and good service :)

• Like 1
Wolfpack
17 minutes ago, CommanderData said:

I think they were having a bad day perhaps?

My girlfriend has eaten that, I think they call it a North Carolina pulled pork sandwich. The one with the red beet-slaw on it? Very messy, but I took a bite of hers and thought it was pretty good!

They used to have a Korean pulled pork sandwich on a black bun too. Not sure if that is still on the menu but I'll take a look soon... Flying back to Cebu again in 10 days- The Social and Abaca Baking Company are my usual dining spots to get good food and good service :)

Be careful that Abaca Baking Company place, they will serve you too much good food!!!

• Like 4

Once had a Chilli Con Carne at a resort on Alona Beach, thought the kidney beans where a bit over done till I realised they were salted peanuts. Sorry Sir out of stock...

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
51 minutes ago, BoholoX said:

Once had a Chilli Con Carne at a resort on Alona Beach, thought the kidney beans where a bit over done till I realised they were salted peanuts. Sorry Sir out of stock...

Filipinos are nothing if not resourceful...:D

• Like 4
sugbu777
9 hours ago, rep1 said:

Gerry's Grill is the one right outside of one entry right? 2nd or 3rd floor?

They gave me spicy buko juice and kitchen fire alarm!

I believe it was on the first floor. They may have moved. No matter where they are, we will never go back there.

• Like 3
NOSOCALPINOY

Rack's BBQ short ribs. Looked like black meat on the bone and tasted pretty nasty with a lard fatty sickening after taste! 

• Like 1
Enuff

The only thing inedible was ribs from Casa Verde.

Family loved them but I couldn't eat at all.

Whenever I want a GREAT MEAL, I go to Abaca!!

• Like 2
sugbu777
26 minutes ago, Enuff said:

The only thing inedible was ribs from Casa Verde.

Family loved them but I couldn't eat at all.

Whenever I want a GREAT MEAL, I go to Abaca!!

Whenever I want a great meal when in Cebu, I stay at home. Wife and her relatives cook some really good meals. I like local food cooked at home. Really don't go out for meals, as I know I'll be disappointed.

The Aristocrat and Max's Chicken (both in Manila) were really good back in the day, but not sure how they are now.

Edited by sugbu777
  • Like 2
NOSOCALPINOY
2 minutes ago, sugbu777 said:

Whenever I want a great meal when in Cebu, I stay at home. Wife and her relatives cook some really good meals. I like local food cooked at home. Really don't go out for meals, as I know I'll be disappointed.

The Aristocrat and Max's Chicken (both in Manila) were really good back in the day, but not sure how they are now.

Yeah, they sure were. I remember the Aristocrat, but haven't been there in years.

Also it's a big No-No to serve Kare-Kare without Alamang (shrimp paste).

• Like 2
sugbu777
7 minutes ago, NOSOCALPINOY said:

Yeah, they sure were. I remember the Aristocrat, but haven't been there in years.

Also it's a big No-No to serve Kare-Kare without Alamang (shrimp paste).

Found out Max's has a branch in Las Vegas, NV. Sent a link to my daughter living there with their location and menu for when she gets a "hankering" for Pinoy chow.

• Like 1
sugbu777
13 minutes ago, NOSOCALPINOY said:

It looks like they are still around.

http://www.aristocrat.com.ph/

• Like 2
cvgtpc1
5 minutes ago, sugbu777 said:

It looks like they are still around.

http://www.aristocrat.com.ph/

Haven't heard that name in years... went 30+ years ago?  No recollection of the experience lol

• Like 1
sugbu777
5 minutes ago, cvgtpc1 said:

Haven't heard that name in years... went 30+ years ago?  No recollection of the experience lol

First time I went was in mid '70's. I know what you mean. There are a lot of things I don't recall (or did that I would like to forget )

• Like 1