What was the worst food that you were served here ?

Davaoeno

lamoe
25 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

I agree with Lee, there have been so many - where do begin?  Trying to follow your criteria of a place that believes they are catering to foreigners leaves everything at Jollibee out of the mix. How about that wanna-be Mexican joint Moon cafe.  So many foreigners raved about it over the years but it is utter crap. Another meal that was so horrible i still remember it was at Marshall's Irish Pub.

Nothing wrong with a little Tanduay, preferably Superior and above. Get yourself a taste of Don Papa and enjoy. You might even thank me, your liver surely will. 

I'll look

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOSOCALPINOY

• sugbu777

• lamoe

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought a bottle of wine today and the label on the back read, 'Usually drunk with pizza.' I thought, "What a coincidence, so am I."

There are just so many that it would be hard to pick just one.  

Let's hope this thread can be steered back towards worst foods that are intended for hungry foreigners... Quite obviously balut, Jollibee, Yellow Scab Pizza and such are not geared towards foreigners

Posted Images

Chris24

Ninoy Aquino Terminal 2 (I think - - it was an outbound international PAL flight). I was really hungry so I ordered two servings of lasagna from the eatery in the departure area.  They were pasty like chalk and topped with some sort of goo that was possibly supposed to resemble cheese?  It was NOT quick-melt, but some sort of processed goo, that's the only way I can describe it.   I did not finish the first one and tossed the second one.  I was really hungry too, and it's not like there were any other options.

Edit:  That was the trip that made me resolve to always pack along some snacks like trail mix, beef jerky or granola bars, etc.  On both the inbound and outbound legs.

Edited by Chris24
  • Like 4
lamoe

I'm very lucky - in a way -  burned  smell (which affects taste) many years ago working with 26 Balm Ammonia - so everything I've eaten here tastes ok  - EXCEPT that spaghetti

Not sure I'll ever tastes anything that bad again

oztony

Goat , in a club in Davao ...horrible stuff.

• Like 2
Alfred E. Neuman
9 hours ago, oztony said:

Goat , in a club in Davao ...horrible stuff.

Achmad‘s Goat Lovers Club?

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Greenwich Pizza…

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

oztony
Just now, Alfred E. Neuman said:

Achmad‘s Goat Lovers Club?

The same guy had me eat some of his cooked "bat" a day or so earlier ....but the goat really took the cake on that comparison...:)

The worst meat I have ever tasted , literally had to stop myself from hoyking it back up...

• Like 2
RogerDuMond
23 minutes ago, oztony said:

..but the goat really took the cake on that comparison...:)

The worst meat I have ever tasted , literally had to stop myself from hoyking it back up...

Philippine goat is terrible, but there is a reason for that. Most goat that they use for cooking here comes from males that are not castrated. That ruins the taste of any dish that uses goat. Even if they use females, they have eaten crap all their life and don't have 24/7 access to water. If you are in this area I will give you something from males castrated at six weeks of age and fed properly. You will not be able to tell it from beef.

• Like 5
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I was once served a pizza that used banana ketchup for sauce and two little strips of Eden cheese. 

• Like 3
USMC-Retired

I can eat almost any pizza and even those one take one burgers.  Yes I grew to even like Greenwich thin peporoni pizza.  

Yet there is absolutely nothing worse than Alberto's pizza.  It is something the devil made himself.  My above statement should probably for many clarify how bad it is.  

• Like 4
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I bought a bottle of wine today and the label on the back read, 'Usually drunk with pizza.'

I thought, "What a coincidence, so am I."

• Like 9
shadow
1 hour ago, oztony said:

The same guy had me eat some of his cooked "bat" a day or so earlier ....but the goat really took the cake on that comparison...:)

I've had goat that was pretty good. However, I assume goat may be similar to antelope, of which I hunted a lot for in my earlier years.

With an antelope, the utmost care has to be taken, from the shot, to the freezer, or it could turn really raunchy, really fast. You wanted to take only a clean shot at a relaxed animal, if they were spooked or on the run, forget it, the adrenaline would take over the entire animal. Once down, you need to get it cold and clean, very fast. One hair can destroy a 6 inch diameter of meat. 30 minutes of warm will destroy the whole animal. It must be hung for 4-6 days, in preferably under 40 degree F. cooler. One error anywhere along the way, and it was a waste of time, would only make for tough jerky, whereas if processed correctly, decent steaks were possible.

Slitting the throat and letting it bleed/scream to death is not an option. I assume that is probably the method of choice here.

One learns a lot about processing meat when they learn how to properly process an antelope.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
1 hour ago, oztony said:

29-year-old-health-guru-chugs-sperm-smoothies-to-boost-immunity-image-3.gif.c723f01768b57ff95aba26e8cba01824.gif

• Like 2
Wolfpack
9 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Im not talking about the local carendaria where  the viande is 22 pesos and rice 7 pesos. Im talking about a place that thinks they are providing food that meets  the needs of hungry  foreigners.

The owner of "the Social" @ Ayala recommended I try their "pulled pork sandwich"...so my wife and i BOTH ordered it....

It was by far the worse darn sandwich I ever had and my wife agreed, even she did not eat it...and she eats anything!!!

they must have been having a real bad day because the drinks we ordered were watered down and nasty...

I have eaten at The Social many times...this was my only disappointment...but geez, the owner recommended this terrible sandwich...he will be out of business if he keeps making suggesting like that!!!

Wolfpack
2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

I was once served a pizza that used banana ketchup for sauce and two little strips of Eden cheese. 

sounds like that pizza place next to the Carcar Jollibee...the things some folks think they can call pizza is astounding...

• Like 1