What was the worst food that you were served here ?

Davaoeno

Davaoeno

Im not talking about the local carendaria where  the viande is 22 pesos and rice 7 pesos. Im talking about a place that thinks they are providing food that meets  the needs of hungry  foreigners.

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOSOCALPINOY

• sugbu777

• lamoe

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought a bottle of wine today and the label on the back read, 'Usually drunk with pizza.' I thought, "What a coincidence, so am I."

There are just so many that it would be hard to pick just one.  

Let's hope this thread can be steered back towards worst foods that are intended for hungry foreigners... Quite obviously balut, Jollibee, Yellow Scab Pizza and such are not geared towards foreigners

Posted Images

sugbu777

Gerry's Grill in SM Cebu. Pretty much non-existent service. Food - meh....and granddaughter got food poisoning there.

Edited by sugbu777
  • Like 4
Alfred E. Neuman

Jollibee sweet spaghetti

• Like 7

There are just so many that it would be hard to pick just one. :P 

Edited by Lee
  • Like 8
Mikala

TGI Fridays Jack Daniels beef steak. Meat was really tough and inedible. Worse yet was viewing the outside area filled with bayots looking for customers.

Army Navy – chicken burrito was pretty much rice with a whiff of chicken

MoA – seaside dining restaurant served squid adobo that was inedible. Another restaurant in the same area served tilapia that was overcooked so much that it was like jerky

Maya Mexican restaurant – guacamole was good, chicken enchilada was okay, shrimp burrito didn’t taste anything like shrimp (inedible), salsa was sad and tasted like spaghetti sauce.

• Like 5
sugbu777
22 minutes ago, Lee said:

There are just so many that it would be hard to pick just one. :P 

C'mon Lee...try us..:D

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Mikala said:

TGI Fridays Jack Daniels beef steak. Meat was really tough and inedible. Worse yet was viewing the outside area filled with bayots looking for customers.

Army Navy – chicken burrito was pretty much rice with a whiff of chicken

MoA – seaside dining restaurant served squid adobo that was inedible. Another restaurant in the same area served tilapia that was overcooked so much that it was like jerky

Maya Mexican restaurant – guacamole was good, chicken enchilada was okay, shrimp burrito didn’t taste anything like shrimp (inedible), salsa was sad and tasted like spaghetti sauce.

So like I wrote, just about everything lol

In the 23 years I have been coming to the Philippines, I have only had a few good meals, no great meals, I guess it is just me :( that most meals here are just blah and many are just acceptable.  

1 minute ago, sugbu777 said:

C'mon Lee...try us..:D

Asked and answered lol 

• Like 4
lamoe
28 minutes ago, Alfred E. Neuman said:

Jollibee sweet spaghetti

Luckily I didn't order it or anything else - just tried one small bite - worse  than Chief Boyaredee

• Like 2
Mikala
1 minute ago, Lee said:

In the 23 years I have been coming to the Philippines, I have only had a few good meals, no great meals

In my 19 years of coming to the Philippines, I've never had a great meal here.

Best meals for me have been in Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand, Japan and the USA.

Note: I have not traveled to Europe (yet), Africa or South America...

• Like 4
sugbu777

We usually don't go out to eat in the Philippines. Too many good cooks at the PI home.

• Like 5
lamoe

So far the Jollibee pasta is the only really bad thing I've tried

But then I do like Tanduay also

47 minutes ago, Alfred E. Neuman said:

Jollibee sweet spaghetti

Jollibee is not food

• Like 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

I agree with Lee, there have been so many - where do begin?  Trying to follow your criteria of a place that believes they are catering to foreigners leaves everything at Jollibee out of the mix. How about that wanna-be Mexican joint Moon cafe.  So many foreigners raved about it over the years but it is utter crap. Another meal that was so horrible i still remember it was at Marshall's Irish Pub.

11 minutes ago, lamoe said:

But then I do like Tanduay also

Nothing wrong with a little Tanduay, preferably Superior and above. Get yourself a taste of Don Papa and enjoy. You might even thank me, your liver surely will. 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon
53 minutes ago, Mikala said:

I'm going to report you for knocking a place I like (except for that one time when it all tasted like shit)! 

• Like 1
RogerDat

How about a thread where 3 members liked the food?

I have had better food in the chow hall than here in Cebu. Luzon I was OK with most times I go there.