US travel warning for Cebu

Charlie Bantayan

Charlie Bantayan

Hi all, i was planning a 1 month visit to Cebu in May, with 4 days in the Mango ave area and the rest on Bantayan, with this latest news i'm really thinking about cancelling my flights.

Would the Mango ave area be a safe location? and does Bantayan island have enough security to handle a raid from a speedboat full of armed extremists?

Thanks Charlie

oztony

Just proceed as planned amigo , No one is going grab you out of Cebu City and Bantayan Island is way way north of where this intel report has supposedly identified a "possible" danger.

You will be fine , don't destroy your trip over things like this, get on the plane and enjoy yourself.

Edited by oztony
  • Like 1
Charlie Bantayan

Cheers mate , it's nice to hear something positive.

• Like 2
RangerUp

"The United States of America has warned its citizens against traveling to Central Visayas (Philippines), particularly Bohol and Cebu. A travel advisory released by the United States Embassy in the Philippines states that it has received reliable information on the alleged abduction plans by terror groups in the region."

Bohol already confirmed.

• Like 1
Paul
12 hours ago, RangerUp said:

"The United States of America has warned its citizens against traveling to Central Visayas (Philippines), particularly Bohol and Cebu. A travel advisory released by the United States Embassy in the Philippines states that it has received reliable information on the alleged abduction plans by terror groups in the region."

Bohol already confirmed.

You have got to be shittin' me.