Possible Typhoon Easter Sunday (92W)

Jawny

In eastern Leyte, cloudy but no significant rain.  Just a couple of showers. Of course, as I type this, the electricity is flickering. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BossHog

• SkyMan

• Jawny

• JamesMusslewhite

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

92W INVESTAs of 06:00 UTC Apr 09, 2017:   Location: 2.2°N 151.9°E Maximum Winds: 15 kt Minimum Central Pressure: 1010 mb Here's a current wide view of the western Pacific and some

Pretty quiet here in our condo, I guess being up off the ground and in a concrete building, with units above, below and next to us on both sides had pretty much shielded us from noise and also with no

The models are starting to track 92W more to the south...

Posted Images

Jeepney

TD Crising causing plenty rain and thunderstorms here in siagao now..now need to water the lawn, ok.. Beer time..

• Like 1
Jawny

Now 4:30 pm and moderate rain, thunderstorms, no strong wnd. Had a short brown out, but we get these all the time. Checked the generators and now regret I hadn't checked sooner. Won't start. At least all the batteries in lights are charged. 

The wife is in Toledo now trying to take the ferry to San Carlos City. The ferry has been shut down since 9am Saturday morning and they don't know when it will run again.

JamesMusslewhite
1 hour ago, Jeepney said:

TD Crising causing plenty rain and thunderstorms here in siagao now..now need to water the lawn, ok.. Beer time..

I did not know you lived in Siagao. So you and Bosshog are now a Linc gang... :biggrin_01:

Jeepney
1 hour ago, bkb1 said:

The wife is in Toledo now trying to take the ferry to San Carlos City. The ferry has been shut down since 9am Saturday morning and they don't know when it will run again.

Strange, I am not aware signal...  was raised anywhere..

Oops, ok, sorry, it is/was raised..

Edited by Jeepney
shadow
1 hour ago, bkb1 said:

The Southern Cebu/Negros ferries are still running. It might be a few days before Toledo/San Carlos opens back up... 

SkyMan

Storm has stalled before landfall and is weakening.  Storm signals lifting now:

Crising05s.png

Crising05.png

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, shadow said:

The Southern Cebu/Negros ferries are still running. It might be a few days before Toledo/San Carlos opens back up... 

I read that as well. They were planing on waiting at the terminal, lots of people waiting there. I informed her of the possible delay and told her to get accommodations in Toledo before all the reasonable lodgings were taken.

i

• Like 1
colemanlee

Its not so bad but the power had been off and on for several hours....and we get it before you do

SkyMan

From PAGASA:

SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #10 (FINAL)
FOR: Low Pressue Area (formerly "CRISING")
Tropical Cyclone: ALERT 
ISSUED AT:7:00 PM, 15 April 2017 

Tropical Depression "CRISING" has weakened into a Low Pressure Area after making landfall.

• Light to moderate rains is still expected over Visayas and the regions of Bicol and Caraga.
  • All Tropical Cyclone Warning Signals are now lifted.
  • The next update on this LPA will be incorporated in the 24-Hour Public Weather Forecast to be issued at 5AM tomorow.

• Like 1
hyaku

They threatened to cut off our power here for a day as we were in the "eye of the storm". I sat looking at windy weather for while trying to figure out where the typhoon was. Typhoons four months early? 

Not enough rain to fill a cup and the papers I left on the verandah table are still there. I am forever grateful for warning but this one was just plain scaremongering 

wind.jpg

Edited by hyaku
  • Like 1
lolhahaha

There's no typhoon at all but the rain here in Iloilo is coming down in buckets for a couple hours now. Guess I won't have to water any plants for a couple days.

fordtech

We got a shit load of rain in Pilar, Cebu late yesterday after noon into the night. It started around 4pm and lightened up around 11pm.