Sign in to follow this  
tonny

Security Message Travel Advisory for Central Visayas

Kabisay-an gid
On 4/11/2017 at 0:03 AM, wondersailor said:

I plan my move to the Philippines in less than a year. My girl is from a small town and i had planed on moving there to enjoy my retirement. On March 8th, 4 local police officers were called to investigate a supposed death. The 4 were ambushed and murdered by the NPA. One of the officers was my girlfriend's cousin. I changed my plans.

Life is cheap in the Philippines. A hard concept to grasp in the west. Violent crimes are seldomly adequately investigated in the Philippines, let alone the guilty punished and, I feel, is a problem that is getting worse. Might just be a cultural thing.

The one thing I know is being mudered, blown up or kidnapped is not on my bucket list.

The NPA rarely bothers with caucasian foreigners, unless they happen to be connected with corporations that do business in the Philippines. Their targets are virtually always the Philippine military and police, corporate executives, large landholders such as plantation owners, etc.  Stay away from remote areas, and a caucasian foreigner should have little to worry about from them.

Life is cheap is a hard concept for westerners to grasp?! Tell that to the mother of the Houston, Texas teenager who was murdered for the Nike Air Jordan shoes he bought at the mall, a few days before Christmas 2012. Life is cheap in a whole bunch of countries on this planet.

cogon88
5 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

The NPA rarely bothers with caucasian foreigners, unless they happen to be connected with corporations that do business in the Philippines. Their targets are virtually always the Philippine military and police, corporate executives, large landholders such as plantation owners, etc.  Stay away from remote areas, and a caucasian foreigner should have little to worry about from them.

Life is cheap is a hard concept for westerners to grasp?! Tell that to the mother of the Houston, Texas teenager who was murdered for the Nike Air Jordan shoes he bought at the mall, a few days before Christmas 2012. Life is cheap in a whole bunch of countries on this planet.

Seems they just kidnap a few once in a while

3 NPA rebels slain in Masbate clash | Nation, News, The Philippine ...

www.philstar.com/nation/2017/04/17/1690954/3-npa-rebels-slain-masbate-clash

Apr 17, 2017 - Three New People's Army (NPA) rebels were killed in an encounter with ... bandits who wanted to kidnap tourists in Bohol,” said Almerol.

3 foreigners, Filipina kidnapped on Samal Island - CNN Philippines

cnnphilippines.com/.../3-foreigners-Filipina-kidnapped-Samal-Davao-del-Norte.html

Sep 25, 2015 - The EastMinCom identified the kidnap victims as John Ridsdel and ... It was allegedly signed by the communist New People's Army (NPA).

New People's Army kidnap 11 villagers in Toril District, Davao City ...

philippineslifestyle.com › News

Nov 15, 2015 - With a rash of cop killings to haunt the likes of Toril, Davao City, citizens now find themselves in the cross-hairs of NPA rebels kidnapping ..

SkyMan

So nobody has posted a "told ya so" reply on this thread?  Didn't this message come out about a week before all hell broke loose on Bohol?  I don't think any foreigners were kidnapped or killed in that but I think there was a high likelihood that was in the works.  Seems they were spot on on this one.   I'm quite sure what actually happened did more damage to tourism than this warning.  As for the Mindanao warning, it may be a bit over the top but I'd rather be over warned than under.

RogerDat

What ever.

Paul

Regarding the OP...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

Kabisay-an gid
6 hours ago, cogon88 said:

Seems they just kidnap a few once in a while

3 NPA rebels slain in Masbate clash | Nation, News, The Philippine ...

www.philstar.com/nation/2017/04/17/1690954/3-npa-rebels-slain-masbate-clash

Apr 17, 2017 - Three New People's Army (NPA) rebels were killed in an encounter with ... bandits who wanted to kidnap tourists in Bohol,” said Almerol.

3 foreigners, Filipina kidnapped on Samal Island - CNN Philippines

cnnphilippines.com/.../3-foreigners-Filipina-kidnapped-Samal-Davao-del-Norte.html

Sep 25, 2015 - The EastMinCom identified the kidnap victims as John Ridsdel and ... It was allegedly signed by the communist New People's Army (NPA).

New People's Army kidnap 11 villagers in Toril District, Davao City ...

philippineslifestyle.com › News

Nov 15, 2015 - With a rash of cop killings to haunt the likes of Toril, Davao City, citizens now find themselves in the cross-hairs of NPA rebels kidnapping ..

No caucasian foreigners were kidnapped or killed by the NPA in any of your links - so thank you very much for providing evidence to support my statement that the NPA rarely bothers with caucasian foreigners. It appears you have your Philippine terrorist groups confused. The NPA (New People's Army) is the military wing of the secular Communist Party of the Philippines; the Abu Sayyaf is an Islamic jihadist terrorist organization.

The 3 NPA rebels slain in Masbate had not kidnapped nor killed anybody. They fired on a Philippine military patrol, and the patrol eliminated them. Your partial quote from a Philippine military officer about kidnapping tourists in Bohol, was a reference to Islamist Abu Sayyaf bandits killed recently in Bohol, who have nothing to do with the NPA.

The 3 foreigners and Filipina kidnapped on Samal Island were taken by the Abu Sayyaf, the previously mentioned Islamic terrorist organization that has nothing to do with the NPA.

The 11 people kidnapped in Toril, Davao were all Filipinos working on a government project. There wasn't a caucasian foreigner in the lot.

• Like 1

cogon88
6 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

No caucasian foreigners were kidnapped or killed by the NPA in any of your links - so thank you very much for providing evidence to support my statement that the NPA rarely bothers with caucasian foreigners. It appears you have your Philippine terrorist groups confused. The NPA (New People's Army) is the military wing of the secular Communist Party of the Philippines; the Abu Sayyaf is an Islamic jihadist terrorist organization.

The 3 NPA rebels slain in Masbate had not kidnapped nor killed anybody. They fired on a Philippine military patrol, and the patrol eliminated them. Your partial quote from a Philippine military officer about kidnapping tourists in Bohol, was a reference to Islamist Abu Sayyaf bandits killed recently in Bohol, who have nothing to do with the NPA.

The 3 foreigners and Filipina kidnapped on Samal Island were taken by the Abu Sayyaf, the previously mentioned Islamic terrorist organization that has nothing to do with the NPA.

The 11 people kidnapped in Toril, Davao were all Filipinos working on a government project. There wasn't a caucasian foreigner in the lot.

Your Welcome I bow too your superior Knowledge of the NPA