Sign in to follow this  
Don.

China Southern Airlines

ugly american

If it qualifies as Chinese airline I fully endorse it.  Food is great but of course the flight attendants are no where near as hot as Fe when she flies with me. 

• Like 1

liquido
25 minutes ago, hyaku said:

Cathay Pacific moved its operations base out of Hong Kong before 1997 when the Chinese came back in. Although of course Hong Kong is still the flight hub

If you look on there site there headquarters are still in Hong kong??

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/about-us/careers/about-cathay-pacific/locations.html#

liquido
3 minutes ago, ugly american said:

If it qualifies as Chinese airline I fully endorse it.  Food is great but of course the flight attendants are no where near as hot as Fe when she flies with me. 

Sorry I meant to include you..

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/about-us/careers/about-cathay-pacific/locations.html#

RR3

Very much prefer to sit next to a skinny china-man and not an obese westerner who is flooding my seat, stink bad and talk loud. And I like noodles. And the Chinese air-persons always welcome in my wet dreams. Man them hot :cool:

Mikal
10 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

How very Chicago Bruins of you !!  

Uhmmmm.....something wrong there me thinks...

I've been lucky enough to stick to CA and the front of the plane when traveling on the mainland.  I've even given some thought to trying them on a TAPC but always end up falling back to BR (or rarely, OZ).

I used CX a lot years ago, loved them, an international smorgasbord of FAs...  But wrong alliance for me these days.

• Like 1

Davaoeno
9 hours ago, liquido said:

I was a pretty good left winger in my days for a Chicago area boy..I knew my Hockey experience would help me in my later life..Now if I was a big lineman i could hold the whole back half of the plane trying to get around me in the isle... haha

I of course meant the Black Hawks.   [ I think I just lost my Canadian citizenship !! ]

• Like 2

samatm
9 hours ago, rizla said:

Since my recent job change here in china, I am now directly employed by the Dept of Education, who offer me a fully paid return flight to the UK as part of my pay package. However, they now tell me that as this is paid by the Chinese Government I must use a Chinese Airline, I have refused to fly to the UK on CN Southern, as it would involve 3 stops and around 28 hours travelling, plus no chance of upgrading to business as they don't have that class on any of the flights.

We are now in a position of stalemate, they want me but say I have to use CS, I like my job but have told them either pay for my Emirate ticket or byebye and I will transfer to HK or Macau.

I have another meeting in Beijing this coming week after the QingMing holiday.

The biggest problem is to get around the Asian "Losing face" syndrome. so a compromise is the only way forward.

13 hours ago, Don. said:

I have lived in Asia for 16 years, about 6 of those years in the Phils.

Recently flew China Southern Airlines.  They have gotten slightly better, but

still need a lot of improvement.

Vast majority of passengers are Chinese, some observations on my trip last week:

JFK with a connection in Guangzhou

Granny allowing baby to pee in the aisle. 
Beef or chicken noodles with no beef or chicken included.  Hamburgers tossed at passengers by male flight attendant.
No cellphones or tablets allowed at any time during flights in China. 
One of my flights was rescheduled twice and then delayed 6 hours. Gate change with no announcement. 
Grandpa spitting in the aisle. 
Surly staff that just walk away from you when you ask about a gate change. 
Baggage damaged, zero care or compensation by airline.
Passengers ignoring and/or arguing with staff 

One flight delayed for 2 hours because of a screaming argument between Chinese passenger and staff, the passenger was trying to sneak into first class. Passenger eventually removed from flight.
Filthy restrooms with pee and poo on the floor 
Dirty unwashed pillows and blankets handed out to passengers 

The flights are some of the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

Wow... flight from Hell!     I had positve experience flying  Beijing to Hk on CZ  new A380 service.  The trip was short..aside from flying in a new super jumbo it was an ordinary flight.. with the typical stand up early followed by ignored pleadings to remain seated...  but none of the stuff you experienced.. in fact it was quite nice and I was surprised actually at how well everything went.  

9 hours ago, rizla said:

Since my recent job change here in china, I am now directly employed by the Dept of Education, who offer me a fully paid return flight to the UK as part of my pay package. However, they now tell me that as this is paid by the Chinese Government I must use a Chinese Airline, I have refused to fly to the UK on CN Southern, as it would involve 3 stops and around 28 hours travelling, plus no chance of upgrading to business as they don't have that class on any of the flights.

We are now in a position of stalemate, they want me but say I have to use CS, I like my job but have told them either pay for my Emirate ticket or byebye and I will transfer to HK or Macau.

I have another meeting in Beijing this coming week after the QingMing holiday.

The biggest problem is to get around the Asian "Losing face" syndrome. so a compromise is the only way forward.

Oh..compromise  by asking them to book you on Cathay Pacific or China Airlines or EVA  they are all "Chinese"  airlines. 

hyaku
3 hours ago, liquido said:

A website link gives you little as to the real workings of a company. As I said they moved out. But technically they are in HK. They would have to be as each airport has a quota. I was crewing the Cathay Hot air balloon for 10 years and in close contact with pilots, engineers and other staff. Many a happy hour up at the old Kai Tak airport and in the pilots club. Well over year before the change over they were relocating offices and staff. A lot of the pilots were Australian. My pilot is the one on the TV commercial. That says, "Hi I'm Nigel" Before he retired he did instructor checks on pilots on the HK/Cebu run. Leave home in the morning and back home at 5:00.

hyaku

I had problems with China Eastern. I came back in a wheelchair via Shanghai.There is no transit service operated at night in Shanghai. China Eastern pushed me through immigration into China to stamp me into the country. They then dumped me in an arrivals lounge. Thirty minutes before take off  I was desperately trying to get help to be taken to back in through departures. Pushed through all the routes the staff use I was taken to the waiting flight that they managed to hold.

• Like 1

baby43

I have now flown twice with this airline never again from Brisbane to Auckland on Xmas day no Xmas decorations, not even a merry  Xmas from the staff on the plane, the food was shit, even had trouble getting a drink, on the return flight from Auckland on both times, everyone was on the plane, the announcement came on sorry about the delay  leaving we have to off load 4 passengers and their luggage this will take sometime and it was said this will benefit the passengers going to Taipei they wont have to wait so long at Brisbane, their was kids screaming and it was getting hot inside the cabin, its funny this happen both times the big delay it was around 90 minutes late leaving , both my wife and myself had a 3 hour drive home this pissed us off, never again will fly with this airline we will pay extra next time fly with someone else..

• Like 2

samatm
6 hours ago, hyaku said:

A website link gives you little as to the real workings of a company. As I said they moved out. But technically they are in HK. They would have to be as each airport has a quota. I was crewing the Cathay Hot air balloon for 10 years and in close contact with pilots, engineers and other staff. Many a happy hour up at the old Kai Tak airport and in the pilots club. Well over year before the change over they were relocating offices and staff. A lot of the pilots were Australian. My pilot is the one on the TV commercial. That says, "Hi I'm Nigel" Before he retired he did instructor checks on pilots on the HK/Cebu run. Leave home in the morning and back home at 5:00.

Hmmmm I remember NIgel!     But i think you've had one too many happy hour with the boys.. Cathay Pacific is THE Hong Kong Flag Carrier.  All its operations and its subsidiary Airline Dragon Air  are based out of  HKIA.    As Hong KOng is soon to be part of China again.. and is already controlled by the PLA (China Army)   Cathay in my books qualifies as Chinese Airline.  The people in Taiwan might object to calling China Airlines and EVA  "Chinese"   but both political parties see Taiwan as  part of China as do the Commie Chinese,  So techically they are also "Chinese" Airlines.    As both provide  great inflight service 

hyaku

Looks like the Swire group only own 40% now.

Edited by hyaku
  • Like 1

b7335920
On 4/2/2017 at 3:42 AM, Don. said:

I have lived in Asia for 16 years, about 6 of those years in the Phils.

Recently flew China Southern Airlines.  They have gotten slightly better, but

still need a lot of improvement.

Vast majority of passengers are Chinese, some observations on my trip last week:

JFK with a connection in Guangzhou

Granny allowing baby to pee in the aisle. 
Beef or chicken noodles with no beef or chicken included.  Hamburgers tossed at passengers by male flight attendant.
No cellphones or tablets allowed at any time during flights in China. 
One of my flights was rescheduled twice and then delayed 6 hours. Gate change with no announcement. 
Grandpa spitting in the aisle. 
Surly staff that just walk away from you when you ask about a gate change. 
Baggage damaged, zero care or compensation by airline.
Passengers ignoring and/or arguing with staff 

One flight delayed for 2 hours because of a screaming argument between Chinese passenger and staff, the passenger was trying to sneak into first class. Passenger eventually removed from flight.
Filthy restrooms with pee and poo on the floor 
Dirty unwashed pillows and blankets handed out to passengers 

The flights are some of the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

arguments everywhere , horrible food , constant delays at terminal . worst  (zero cushion )and smallest seats for long flight ever . list goes on and on . ill bring a lunch and a tranqualizer next time....at least theyre cheap ! 

TequilaSunset
On 4/2/2017 at 5:11 PM, samatm said:

Wow... flight from Hell!     I had positve experience flying  Beijing to Hk on CZ  new A380 service.  The trip was short..aside from flying in a new super jumbo it was an ordinary flight.. with the typical stand up early followed by ignored pleadings to remain seated...  but none of the stuff you experienced.. in fact it was quite nice and I was surprised actually at how well everything went.  

Oh..compromise  by asking them to book you on Cathay Pacific or China Airlines or EVA  they are all "Chinese"  airlines. 

I really like EVA... attendants are nice to look at too! 

• Like 1

samatm
3 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

I really like EVA... attendants are nice to look at too! 

A wife of a good friend has been  a stew for EVA for over 15 years..  its a good company to work for too.