Sign in to follow this  
Don.

China Southern Airlines

liquido

I guess you could sum it up in 2 words,,Ignorance and a lack of Discipline...a bit familiar? 

Oh im positive everyone stood up after being told to "remain seated until the seat belt light goes off" when at the gate?  haha 

Edited by liquido
  • Like 4

NOSOCALPINOY

Thanks for the warning! 

• Like 1

Don.
21 minutes ago, liquido said:

I guess you could sum it up in 2 words,,Ignorance and a lack of Discipline...a bit familiar? 

Oh im positive everyone stood up after being told to "remain seated until the seat belt light goes off" when at the gate?  haha 

Yep, belts unbuckled before the flight lands, standing up and bins opened while the plane is still moving,  cell phones on-screaming calls, etc :)

The funniest is one flight that I was on that landed in Guangzhou a few years ago.

We boarded the flight in Saigon using the stairs to the rear door of the plane.

When we landed we were to exit out the front door of the plane.

I'm standing near the rear of the plane, but the  Chinese are all facing me at the rear of the plane, and they are all pushing and shoving trying to exit at the rear of the plane.

It took a lot of shouting and pointing from me to make them realize that they all needed to turn around and exit out the front !

Sheeple.....

• Like 3

liquido
23 minutes ago, Don. said:

It took a lot of shouting and pointing from me to make them realize that they all needed to turn around and exit out the front !

God forbid there ever having an emergency exit......One nice thing about being bigger than asians is when exiting the plane there has been many times when people from the row behind me  try to edge there way in front of me,,,Im always ready for that throwing a body check or elbow there way...haha

• Like 3

Davaoeno
42 minutes ago, liquido said:

,Im always ready for that throwing a body check or elbow there way...haha

How very Chicago Bruins of you !!  

• Like 1

liquido
57 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

How very Chicago Bruins of you !!  

I was a pretty good left winger in my days for a Chicago area boy..I knew my Hockey experience would help me in my later life..Now if I was a big lineman i could hold the whole back half of the plane trying to get around me in the isle... haha

rizla

Since my recent job change here in china, I am now directly employed by the Dept of Education, who offer me a fully paid return flight to the UK as part of my pay package. However, they now tell me that as this is paid by the Chinese Government I must use a Chinese Airline, I have refused to fly to the UK on CN Southern, as it would involve 3 stops and around 28 hours travelling, plus no chance of upgrading to business as they don't have that class on any of the flights.

We are now in a position of stalemate, they want me but say I have to use CS, I like my job but have told them either pay for my Emirate ticket or byebye and I will transfer to HK or Macau.

I have another meeting in Beijing this coming week after the QingMing holiday.

The biggest problem is to get around the Asian "Losing face" syndrome. so a compromise is the only way forward.

• Like 1

Monsoon

The Chinese airlines throw up some deals sometimes  but I have yet to be brave enough to try for a long haul flight. Spent enough time in China to know better. The domestic flights I've been on were torture enough. 

Edited by Monsoon

rep1
5 hours ago, Don. said:

I have lived in Asia for 16 years, about 6 of those years in the Phils.

Recently flew China Southern Airlines.  They have gotten slightly better, but

still need a lot of improvement.

Vast majority of passengers are Chinese, some observations on my trip last week:

Instant huge improvement if no Chinese on board.

liquido

My friend in Davao will be flying China Eastern coach from Manila via China then Chicago for $780 round trip end of April with each flight being in the low 20 hour range..Im very anxious to see what his review will be...

• Like 1

ugly american

Is Cathay Pacific a Chinese airline?

liquido

There based out of Hong Kong ...I think mostly Brits in the cockpit...Flown them many times,,Hot looking flight attendants..Great airline..

• Like 5

hyaku
9 minutes ago, liquido said:

There based out of Hong Kong ...I think mostly Brits in the cockpit...Flown them many times,,Hot looking flight attendants..Great airline..

Cathay Pacific moved its operations base out of Hong Kong before 1997 when the Chinese came back in. Although of course Hong Kong is still the flight hub

• Like 1