Car insurance

lynette

lynette

Can somebody give me an information of insurance company (car/house) that any of you guys use?   

Also, any of you have a good experienced of toyota dealers in cebu?  

Thank you in advance

Lynette

There is a network of Toyota dealerships / service centers in Cebu. The one near Park Mall is nice and professional. I guess the others are also fine.

Headshot

I use MAPFRE insurance, which is part of Insular Life. It is on the second floor of the Insular Life Building behind Ayala Center Mall (past the Terraces). I am very happy with them.

i use BPI  Bank car insurance have not had a claim with them but as the car is finance thru BPI bank figure they will pay. I had Standard Insurance Company with my first Big KIA car and then the big storm really screwed it up in Ormoc Leyte  but they paid off good and no hassle at all, that all my experience with car insurance in the PH

I have Prudential Guarantee it is located Ground Floor Wentworth Building Juan Luna ST corner P.Burgos St Cebu phone 032-255-1067  BUT THEY MIGHT HAVE MOVED   I have been with them for about 8 years NEVER filed a claim so don't know how good they are. I have a 98 Toyota only have liability but have extra 100,000 (thats all i can get . cost me 2,312.11Peso for the year 

They have a website  www.prudentialguarantee.com

billy

I had prudential never had a claim but found another insurance company through BDO called FPG Insurance 20% cheaper and have had a claim and they paid no problem full coverage 13,500 with higher liabilities on a 2012 Fortuner

Davaoeno

Since I used to be an insurance attorney I have a fair bit of knowledge about dealing with insurance companies. Some are easy to deal with when you have a claim, whereas others will fight you tooth and claw to deny every claim possible.

It doesnt matter how cheap a company's rates are if you cant collect when you have a claim.  For the last 6 years I have been using Philippine British [ http://www.philbritish.com/contact-us/our-locations/ ]

I had 2 claims. Both times i got hit by a bus while i was stopped at an intersection. Both times the company paid off in a very timely manner. I was very impressed with them.

A couple of years ago my wife bought a new Honda. The dealer was pressing to buy insurance through them . I convinced her to go with Phil Brit.  Last year while stopped in traffic an 18 wheeler wiped out the whole side of the car. The estimate was 135,000 php.  Again, Phil Brit was great to deal with .   I have no hesitation in recommending them .

btw- the claims [ well the big one anyway] had to be cleared through Manila, so its not as if it was just the Davao branch that was easy to deal with .  I have insured with them enough times that they will now write me a policy without even seeing the car - based on my assurance that it has no dents etc.

Barryrio

I have been with Standard for a fair while now. In January the missus had a front tyre blowout. The wheel rim dug in the tarmac and dragged her 2014 Kia Sportage over to the kerb where it skittled 9 (yes, Nine) motorcycles. Standard in Dumaguete where exemplary in handling all nine claimants as well as 183,000 pesos damage to our vehicle. Delighted with their service.

Edited by Barryrio
  • Like 1

Thanks all it is good to know there are some good company out there we can choose from and make you feel good your covered .