Sign in to follow this  
poby

The way a love's supposed to be?

Topper

Thanks poby. I couldn't have said it better myself. That's how I feel about the one I'm married to, but you said it much better than I could.

You also have a nice flare in your writing style. Thanks for sharing your experiences. 

• Like 5

cvgtpc1

I thought there was gonna be a punchline lol...but what you said is so true.  Took me longer than 8 years but luckily I figured it out before screwing it up.

Headshot
23 hours ago, poby said:

My tentative conclusions are that sex gets in the way of love to a large degree. 

This was the only statement you made that I don't totally agree with. You don't have to lose your sex drive to find true love. In pair bonding, and in creating a deep love, sex can be an impediment or a glue. It really just depends on which head is controlling your thoughts and emotions. I am totally head-over-heels in love with my wife of seven years, and I am still very much sexually attracted to her. I don't see that ever changing.

• Like 3

poby
9 hours ago, Headshot said:

This was the only statement you made that I don't totally agree with. You don't have to lose your sex drive to find true love. In pair bonding, and in creating a deep love, sex can be an impediment or a glue. It really just depends on which head is controlling your thoughts and emotions. I am totally head-over-heels in love with my wife of seven years, and I am still very much sexually attracted to her. I don't see that ever changing.

Yeah I phrased it poorly.  I should have said " sex can get in the way of love".  Also, everything I wrote is from a personal subjective perspective.  I don't mean to say it applies to everyone, but only to my own feelings.

• Like 1

Sven

If Mrs had been a candidate in a computer matching algorithm, she wouldn't have made the first cut as we have very little in common on many levels.  

Programmers tend to make exceptionally poor relationship advisors ... and yet they are often tasked with making the types of systems that you describe.

NOSOCALPINOY

We've been happily married for 27 yrs now, but before we got married we had a 6 yr old fashion long distance courtship. 

Must have been love that kept was together all these years. 

We're retired now, still together, happy and content with our retirement lifestyle here in the Philippines.

Can't ask for anything more than that. 

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY
spelling
  • Like 2

Salty Dog
On 3/24/2017 at 10:46 PM, poby said:

...She's certainly not stupid but nowhere near my level of intelligence...

motivatorc873d2639e44f98483604262060af4fd761a21b7.jpg.7a6e273a669bc64df1cb98689170b8aa.jpg

• Like 8

poby

Many years ago, I lived with an extremely intelligent woman for around 6 months.  She had a Phd in 19th century french literature and a masters in psychology, (or could have been the other way round, don't recall.)  She was smokin' hot, a demon in bed and fascinating to talk with.  Oh, and absolutely unbearable to live with.  The relationship was fantastic up until the day she moved in, after which it began a steep decline.  Suddenly every problem she had was my fault and she felt it important to detail my numerous failings in great detail with constant daily reminders.  I suspect those highly educated in psychology are the worst at relationships.

That's when I learnt that intellectual compatibility is over rated in relationships and way down the list of what makes a relationship work.

Davaoeno

Many people find it hard to live with someone of lesser intellect.. 

lamoe
3 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Lesser intelligence maybe but common sense will outweigh it every time.

• Like 1

Paul
4 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Wife kicked you to the curb already? 

:crack-up: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

• Like 8

Salty Dog

motivator0f530c4cd48f9b5219709e4caebb4644f5ebe516.jpg.3e143078b0e4d038a19bfb47a859c262.jpg

• Like 4

Monsoon

I'm still waiting for sex to rear its ugly head...

• Like 1

Salty Dog
10 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

I'm still waiting for sex to rear its ugly head...

Hillary-Clinton-521x350.jpg.c54806c2b83b21bc040fac85dcb1a95d.jpg

• Like 2