Sign in to follow this  
Grufle

Visa

poby

I"m arriving 29 April and leaving 27 June.  That's 60 days if you count the day of arrival or 59 days if you don't.  I've read conflicting stories about this.  Can anyone confirm I won't need a 2nd extension, acr card etc?  I would hate to have to get another visa renewal for just one day.

Jim Sibbick

29th April arrival minus 30 days in April leaves 1 day for April plus 31 days in May plus 27th June departure is 1+31+27=59

Easy enough to confirm. They will stamp or hand write your departure date in your passport. Just make sure it is 6/27/18

However, I thought you were now married to a Filipina. If so and you arrive in the Philippines together, you will get a Balikbayan entry good for a year. For Balikbayans, no onward ticket required. No visa required. No visa extensions to pay for. No ACR-I card after 59 days No emigration clearance certificate after 6 months. No travel tax on an Australian passport if you stay less than a year. Nothing to pay what so ever, just so long as you leave before the year is up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dafey
30 minutes ago, Jim Sibbick said:

For Balikbayans, no onward ticket required.

That's true but some of the airline agents don't understand and will force you buy a throw away ticket. last time I went online and purchased a refundable and refunded it the next day in Cebu.

colemanlee
3 hours ago, Dafey said:

That's true but some of the airline agents don't understand and will force you buy a throw away ticket. last time I went online and purchased a refundable and refunded it the next day in Cebu.

We had that problem coming out of Malaysia, we always carry a copy of the Balikbayan law...and our Marriage certificates...sometimes it takes a while to get it straight, but usually finding a supervisor helps...

Headshot
3 hours ago, Dafey said:

True, but for most visitors, they will have a round-trip ticket anyway. If you are living here permanently, and intending to stay the whole year before leaving and then returning, then what you say makes sense.