Sign in to follow this  
Grufle

Visa

Grufle

So i am going to hold Xmas in Cebu city.

We are going to arrive the 19 dec. and lever 18 jan. so my tourist visa will run out.

My question is if i can just go to Cebu on the tourist visa and extend it there or do i need to have a visa that is valid for the whole time when i arrive in Mactan airport?

Hope you can help since it looks like i need to go to  Norway from Denmark the get the visa from here :/

• Like 1

TheWhiteKnight

If you will exceed 30 days, you can extend right at the airport before being stamped, or you can do it before you leave at any immigration office. You will have no problems.

• Like 1

Grufle

well that sound great. one less thing to worry about. :rolleyes:

Oh and thanks ;)

Edited by Grufle

Buko Beach
56 minutes ago, Grufle said:

So i am going to hold Xmas in Cebu city.

We are going to arrive the 19 dec. and lever 18 jan. so my tourist visa will run out.

My question is if i can just go to Cebu on the tourist visa and extend it there or do i need to have a visa that is valid for the whole time when i arrive in Mactan airport?

Hope you can help since it looks like i need to go to  Norway from Denmark the get the visa from here :/

Currently, the free Philippine tourist visa is valid for 30 days, which does not include the day of arrival.

If you do the math Dec 19th until Jan 18th is 30 days (not including day of arrival Dec 19th).

What time do you arrive on Dec 19th? If it's after 9pm Philippine Immigration (BI) might have already changed the tourist visa stamp and you might fall one day short.

I have been in your shoes before (falling one day short on a tourist visa). Here's what I would do.

When you arrive on Dec 19th and go through Immigration, check the date stamped in your passport (should be Jan 18), and request a tourist visa extension only if you fall short, but you should be fine.

• Like 1

Woolf

This is a bit of bad planning, that maybe 1 day, is going to cost you

there is a philippine consulate in copenhagen that can do a prearranged visa for you

3 month entry visa will give you 59 day stay permit at entry http://www.filippinsk-konsulat.dk/visa.html

some of the information on that page is wrong

Et ophold på Philippinerne i mere end 30 dage kræver visum.
Hvert ophold på Philippinerne kan max. udgøre 59 dage.
Opholdet kan forlænges mod betaling af et ”fee” på den lokale politistation eller immigrationskontor.

you can arrive without prearranged visa and they will give you 30 day stay permit (visa waiver)

you can ask for a 29 day visa waiver extension at port of entry, but then you need 2700 peso cash, that is 59 day total stay permit, if you already have the 30 day stamp in passport it is too late to get the 59 days at the airport

you will have to go to immigration office in j-mall to get the 29 day visa waiver extension

that is 3150 peso

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 2

Grufle

We land 12:40. and you are right, for what ever reson i had got it to 34 days, dont ask how or why...:unsure:

Woolf

You can try to input your travel information here http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/

anyway Ha en god tur til philippinerne

You are going to miss sinulog at jan 21

http://sinulog.ph/

Grufle

Tak tak 

I Know Really didnot think about sinulog when I ordered the tickets ?

RogerDat

So he will miss the LBM, pickpockets from Europe, and the TG guy feeling him up! Sounds like good planning to me!

Just relax and enjoy your stay.

• Like 1

SkyMan
10 hours ago, Buko Beach said:

If you do the math Dec 19th until Jan 18th is 30 days (not including day of arrival Dec 19th).

Yes, so what is the problem?  30 days is enough.

11 hours ago, Grufle said:

When you say "we" are you perhaps referring to a Filipina wife?  If so, bring a copy of your Marriage Cert and hit immigration with her at the same time. You will be given a 1 year free stay on arrival.

• Like 2

Buko Beach
5 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Yes, so what is the problem?  30 days is enough.

Simply explaining that the OP might not need an extension, but that point.....

SkyMan
5 minutes ago, Buko Beach said:

Simply explaining that the OP might not need an extension, but that point.....

Unless there' some kind of time warp all that's needed is 30 days.  Not sure why there are other posts about extending at the airport, etc.

Buko Beach
3 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Unless there' some kind of time warp all that's needed is 30 days.  Not sure why there are other posts about extending at the airport, etc.

His stay (according to OP) is Dec 19th - Jan 18th, (31 days).

BI doesn't count the day of arrival, so the OP should be fine.

Woolf
14 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

could be that other people than the OP reads this thread

that is why the information about the different options

Headshot

If the OP is married to a Filipina and bringing her with him, then they should definitely bring a copy of their marriage certificate and ask for a BB stamp. Then the length of the stay doesn't matter.