hey there

villagerNo8

villagerNo8

gday

great site, tons of useful information... ill use the search button as much as possible.. ill no doubtedly ask questions that have been asked before too :P

im living in australia, i was in the philippines in '06... now married and 1 grub...

ill be going back in may for 2 months and again in december for another 2 months..

i really want to be there for 6 months of the year from here on..starting in mid 2010 (good god 2010 just around the corner)

ive been researching cost of living over there..... i know theres alot of opinions on the topic..

ill be setting up in mindanao.. somewhere around butuan, cagayan de oro, camiguin island or down in bukidnon.. a few choices there... Camiguin island is where i dream of ;)

- we will be renting in a province town.. not interested in the big cities other then to visit the malls and restraunts once a month or so, so a few hours drive out is the plan

- home cooked food most of the time

- ill buy a bike so the travel costs wont be constant other then a tank of fuel once or twice a week and trips to CDO

- when i drink, busy clubs are not my scene... so i cant see that being a major expense

- cable and internet .... ill read up on prices of that on here no doubt

- electricity... im used to the heat... air conditioning will NOT be blasting 24/7 !!! ill be a nazi on that one

im hoping we can get by for about 32,000p a month which is about $1000AUD. ive under budgeted cause ill have $1500AUD a month which is 47,000p.. im sure it can be done..

my cost of living in australia is not much more then that (but thats a hardcore budget to save for this lifestyle) so i can only hope i am able to do it there for less.. anyway these trips over will be my testing grounds for daily spending..

please comment

catch yas later

:(

Bob Ward

Living in the more rural areas is going to be far cheaper for the most part.

Doing it on 1000 ASD will be running a tight ship I think, but it can be done I'm sure.

Guestimates;

Rent - P6-10K

Electric - P2.5K Aircon only at night

Food - P6-8K

Visa Ext. - P4.4K varies

Fuel - P1K

Water P300

Eating Out - P3-4K

Cleaning supplies and household goods and toiletries - P2K

Internet/Phone - P1K+

Dream Satellite or other - P400-900

Spirits - P?

Just rough guidelines, your mileage may vary.

Welcome.

Edited by Bob Ward
USMC-Retired
Living in the more rural areas is going to be far cheaper for the most part.

Doing it on 1000 ASD will be running a tight ship I think, but it can be done I'm sure.

Guestimates;

Rent - P6-10K

Electric - P2.5K Aircon only at night

Food - P6-8K

Visa Ext. - P4.4K varies

Fuel - P1K

Water P300

Eating Out - P3-4K

Cleaning supplies and household goods and toiletries - P2K

Internet/Phone - P1K+

Dream Satellite or other - P400-900

Spirits - P?

Just rough guidelines, your mileage may vary.

Welcome.

Bob is spot on here, that is about what I am spending a month. Though I think rent may be a tad more. You will not get any better info then that here. Others spend more or less. But with some comforts you can expect to pay that. And to live a normal lifestyle you are accustom to and not live like a squatter.

villagerNo8

thanks for the info fellas

whenever i read through costs of living posts it was quite conflicting info due to people living in the cities and eating out and drinkin much more regularly then i intend to...

appreciate it

ciao

Visa extension: 4,400/month - where does that number come from?

Bob Ward
Visa extension: 4,400/month - where does that number come from?

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option...8&Itemid=43

They are raping the foreigners once again. Luckily I have not had to go since my company is obtaining a G visa for me. But the frigging regular fees nearly doubled, including two types of express lane fee at P500 ea. which is mandatory now. Yea yea yea, unless you know someone.