Sign in to follow this  
bkb1

My Go To Small Appliance for Cooking almost everything

Semper paratus

I have just one go to appliance I use. I call her asawa or wife. Things get cooked just fine and I don't have to lift a finger. She also, cleans, does the washing, sweeps, makes the bed, washes the dishes, sews, and many other things,  and is a great snuggler. What  great invention. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Semper paratus
2 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

I have just one go to appliance I use. I call her asawa or wife. Things get cooked just fine and I don't have to lift a finger. She also, cleans, does the washing, sweeps, makes the bed, washes the dishes, sews, and many other things,  and is a great snuggler. What  great invention. 

And mine even operates by remote, or by text, or by phone call. I can even program mine to start dinner/lunch or whatever at a certain time when I am out. Mine also not only prepares the food but shops at the market also. I like mine better every day. :o)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

shadow
5 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Granted mine is also a conviction oven... 

Ahhh, and the penalty for that conviction was 20 years to life with the Salty Dawg!

1 hour ago, Semper paratus said:

And mine even operates by remote, or by text, or by phone call. I can even program mine to start dinner/lunch or whatever at a certain time when I am out. Mine also not only prepares the food but shops at the market also. I like mine better every day. :o)

Hey. Mine even gives me an allowance sometimes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Semper paratus
5 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

I don't know about a go to appliance, but if there was one cooking appliance I wouldn't want to be without. It would be a microwave. I'm sure I use it more than all the others combined. Granted mine is also a conviction oven... 

Yipes !  Do you rent it out for executions ? :cooking: :ROFLMAO:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Semper paratus
39 minutes ago, shadow said:

Hey. Mine even gives me an allowance sometimes.

Oh oh, mine might be "broke", no pun intended, or was there ? LOL.  I better look at my warranty and pre-purchase agreement to  to see what it says about an allowance. Mine has a lifetime guarantee but it doesn't say whose lifetime. image.png.4878c622143636d85990e5401e71dabc.png  

• Haha 1

cruiser9

I'm back in the US for a couple of months, and Amazon just delivered my Ninja Foodi, an air fryer/steamer/pressure cooker combo, and a Range Mate Pro, both of which I will be taking back to Cebu.  So far, just about all the reviews I've read and watched on youtube of both units have been very positive.  However, as NinJa Foodi is not dual voltage, I will need to get a voltage converter/transformer that can handle 1400 watts when I get there.  Now, I'll just need to figure out how to pack this thing as as check-in box/luggage and hoping I won't have any issues going through the airport security.

Edited by cruiser9
  • Like 1

Roadhawg

I'm bringing my Instant Pot with me when I move to the Philippines.

M.C.A.

Don't forget that crockpot but then again I see them for sale now size is 5.5 quarts on Luzon but not as large as my 7.5 quarts I had order several years ago because they weren't available.

Semper paratus
5 hours ago, Roadhawg said:

I'm bringing my Instant Pot with me when I move to the Philippines.

I don't know where you are moving from but don't forget the electric here is 220V.

• Like 1

M.C.A.
6 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

I don't know where you are moving from but don't forget the electric here is 220V.

That's a good point Semper Paratus my imported crock pot really pushes my 1500 watt power converter I'm ready to buy a crock pot here with the 220 volt.

• Thanks 1

Roadhawg
12 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

I've got a bunch of converters

AB2000
Thats not the one she has but that one looks cool to me...would be a great addition sitting beside a two burner gas type

I just got this and checked it out to make sure it works. I like it, it even has a rotisserie in it. It’s huge, it dwarfs my medium sized Breville toaster oven that we have. Shipping it via balikbayan box with an induction hotplate as well. Hopefully it gets there before we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woolf
On 2/4/2019 at 9:45 PM, Roadhawg said:

I've got a bunch of converters

A bunch of converters ???

What is the watt rating on that thing ??

• Like 1

M.C.A.
10 hours ago, AB2000 said:

I just got this and checked it out to make sure it works. I like it, it even has a rotisserie in it. It’s huge, it dwarfs my medium sized Breville toaster oven that we have. Shipping it via balikbayan box with an induction hotplate as well. Hopefully it gets there before we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfe has a point and something I never thought of but my 1,500-watt voltage converter strains with my 7.5 quart Hamilton Beach crock pot, you'd be amazed to find these items for sale here and at 220 watts and the savings of not having to ship Balikbayan.

• Like 1

Roadhawg

A bunch of converters ???

What is the watt rating on that thing ??

Sorry, I was thinking about something else