bkb1

My Go To Small Appliance for Cooking almost everything

M.C.A.

I use a Turbo Broiler for my chicken it's a hot air large unit, I can put two smaller chickens or one larger chicken in it.  It's comes out like a rotisserie chicken I marinate with Magic Sarap, garlic powder, salt and pepper.  I start out with the breast down and then finish it up with breast side up, real easy clean up.  Guy came around and sold this 11 liter unit for 600 pesos.

Turbo Broiler.jpg

Edited by M.C.A.
  • Like 1

angbumabasa
38 minutes ago, M.C.A. said:

I use a Turbo Broiler for my chicken it's a hot air large unit, I can put two smaller chickens or one larger chicken in it.  It's comes out like a rotisserie chicken I marinate with Magic Sarap, garlic powder, salt and pepper.  I start out with the breast down and then finish it up with breast side up, real easy clean up.  Guy came around and sold this 11 liter unit for 600 pesos.

Turbo Broiler.jpg

My wife bought one of those, that size, just before Christmas. Filled it with lean pork. Geezuz. Much better than our Crock Pots that we brought over.

• Like 1

agent17

Isn't the Air Fryer operate similarly to the Turbo Broiler like the picture M.C.A. showed above?  There's a heating rod underneath the cover with a fan attached to the top of it.  When you turn it on, the fan blows air through the heating rod and circulates the hot air around.  Isn't this how the Air Fryer works?

Richard K
1 hour ago, M.C.A. said:

Turbo Broiler.jpg

I have looked at these several times.. always wondered about them.. I can roast a chicken in my cast iron dutch oven.. I haven't had any luck making a pie in it.. or corn bread/ biscuits tho.. and I know it is possible.. I just tend to feck it up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AB2000
Our gas oven took a crap, instead of replacing it the wife bought a two burner cook top and a toaster oven, she uses the toaster oven three times as much as she ever did the old full oven....for large meat products we use the smoker most all the time...but for casserole's and stuff like that the toaster is great....that air fry is cool, she has been thinking of buying one...glad I read this as I will tell her to get the larger one...

Hey Lee, does it happen to be this one https://www.220-electronics.com/vonshef-13217-large-36-l-220-240-volt-toaster-oven-w-double-hot-plate-50-hz.html
I’ve been thinking of getting one for the Tacloban place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colemanlee
1 hour ago, AB2000 said:

Hey Lee, does it happen to be this one https://www.220-electronics.com/vonshef-13217-large-36-l-220-240-volt-toaster-oven-w-double-hot-plate-50-hz.html
I’ve been thinking of getting one for the Tacloban place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats not the one she has but that one looks cool to me...would be a great addition sitting beside a two burner gas type

jtmwatchbiz
35 minutes ago, colemanlee said:

Thats not the one she has but that one looks cool to me...would be a great addition sitting beside a two burner gas type

my wife also likes to use a simple counter top toaster oven.  they do a great job and sometimes easier to use than the regular oven we have.  she broils fish in it all the time. 

• Like 1

DeedleNuts
On 3/7/2017 at 5:06 PM, lamoe said:

Somewhat like the "Radar Ranges"  when they first came out - no one was sure - 1 st units were $1,500 about 30? years ago -  now called Microwave oven because people were afraid of  radar

I believe this was more a Kleenex vs facial tissue issue.

DeedleNuts

So just to report, it's a damn fine appliance, cooking salmon in it at the moment, smells wonderful. 

TequilaSunset

Many if us use those for camping, contemplating building it into my new cabinets I hope to build this year for my Vanagon

EOMFD464
11 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

Many if us use those for camping, contemplating building it into my new cabinets I hope to build this year for my Vanagon

Do you have candy in that van? 😅

I use a small toaster oven as well. The stove and fish cooking is outside.

now I need to build a brick oven.

Edited by soupeod
  • Like 2

TequilaSunset
Do you have candy in that van?
I use a small toaster oven as well. The stove and fish cooking is outside.
now I need to build a brick oven.
Candy, tequila and

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

TequilaSunset

For those who like to have warm/hot cooked food after a long drive, may I suggest getting a Hot Logic mini. Basically a glorified hot plate, but it works very well! I use it in my Vanagon, throw in some cold pizza, cook a burger, it's a lazy mans way of cooking. It's low voltage too and they can be plugged into a cigarette lighter, I just use outlets since I run 2 aux batteries. 

blue-with-meal_7954874c-7d0e-4eff-89f0-0d671f41ded2_large.jpg

Salty Dog

I don't know about a go to appliance, but if there was one cooking appliance I wouldn't want to be without. It would be a microwave. I'm sure I use it more than all the others combined. Granted mine is also a convection oven... 

• Like 4