Globe LTE deals and plans

I know some of this is posted within topics somewhere but it is hard to find that way, so what are the best Globe prepaid LTE plans?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woolf

• Rebuilder86

• fordtech

• Goetz1965

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

4 gigs would last me about 3 days.

Hard to get a shocking bill when you don't get one at all with pre-paid. 

ooh  30 days max  hmm if you buy the pocket wifi, 1495 php there is no lock in so you could terminate your account and start a new account when you return

Posted Images

• Administrator
Dafey

I have Globe LTE, 599 PHP for 30 days, 4 gigs of data. They also give 1 free gig for youtube, or facebook or spotify. I opt for the youtube. Never have run out of data before the end of the month. 

The down side...there is limited phone and text. I have an Iphone so I can text the wife no problem as the phone assumes I'm on wifi and I use Imessenger.

They also give me a lot of bonus pesos to use on Globe so for 5 pesos I can call or text for a day and I load that right from my phone. About 3-5 times a month I use those bonus pesos. Keep in mind I've been accruing these bonus awards for several months.

• Like 1
shadow
5 minutes ago, Dafey said:

I have Globe LTE, 599 PHP for 30 days, 4 gigs of data. They also give 1 free gig for youtube, or facebook or spotify. I opt for the youtube. Never have run out of data before the end of the month. 

The down side...there is limited phone and text. I have an Iphone so I can text the wife no problem as the phone assumes I'm on wifi and I use Imessenger.

They also give me a lot of bonus pesos to use on Globe so for 5 pesos I can call or text for a day and I load that right from my phone. About 3-5 times a month I use those bonus pesos. Keep in mind I've been accruing these bonus awards for several months.

4 gigs would last me about 3 days.

• Like 5
37 minutes ago, Dafey said:

I use around 1 gig a day plus, thus I run out each day when using a Smart pocket wifi. :( I like leaving my computer on when home with the forums up and I come back to them whenever I feel like it.

Also the ads on forums apparently use up data, maybe that is why I run out so quickly nowadays on Smart. :( 

aussiekangaroo

Another option is to go Postpaid on a 299 plan then when your here the max you will pay is 1,500 with upto 250GB data before it slows down. I get around 6Mbps in Winland most times.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, aussiekangaroo said:

Another option is to go Postpaid on a 299 plan then when your here the max you will pay is 1,500 with upto 250GB data before it slows down. I get around 6Mbps in Winland most times.

We had PLDT for around 8 years and I found it useless since it was off whenever I really needed it, possibly Globe is much better, if I can find no other way then I will have to look into that but I suspect our vacations will be getting shorter and shorter as time goes on, thus needing it less and less over time. 

• Like 1
Woolf
7 minutes ago, Lee said:

I suspect our vacations will be getting shorter and shorter as time goes on, thus needing it less and less over time.

You can suspend the globe post pay plan for when you are not here

and reactivate it when you return, so I guess that you do not pay when not activated

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Woolf said:

and reactivate it when you return, so I guess that you do not pay when not activated

That is great to know, I did not realize that, I will have to check with them on that... 

Thank you!!

aussiekangaroo
4 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Never tried doing it but there is an option in the online account to do it however it says it can only be done for 30 days at most.

Woolf

Here from the globe dash board

"Temporarlly disconnect my line"

globe dashboard.png

Edited by Woolf
Woolf

ooh  30 days max  hmm

if you buy the pocket wifi, 1495 php

there is no lock in

so you could terminate your account

and start a new account when you return

• Like 4
Rebuilder86

I consider myself the philippines most informed on this particular topic.
I have a huge spreadsheet of all plans, prepaid subscriptions and pretty much every data product available.
Right now, plans are a scam. One would think that by signing some document that you are committing to giving the service provider a solid amoutn of money for the next 24 months, that you woudl be rewarded with a better deal than those who pay as they go?? 
NOPE
this backwards economy is hilarious.
For the best value for money, currently Globe gosurf50 subscription on prepaid is the best value for money for any internet connection using the mobile network.
There is no fair use policy to worry about, so unlimited downloads all day, 

It is just insane how the ISPs operate in this country
if you want a plan, go ahead and spend (BEST CASE FROM GLOBE), 1299 a month for 15.4 megabytes per peso, or even worse, give them more money and go for the 1999 amonth deal and get even worse at 13 mB per peso. its backwards, the more you pay, the worse a deal you get,, because if you are rich in this country and can afford more, you deserve to be treated like a rich man and pay more per unit. fecking ridiculous.

SO i rort the system and sit here on my 1GB per day gosurf subscription which works out at 20 mB per peso, which incidentally is thorough the worlds worst cell tower network, so speeds are dismal for me, however my point is thus.

The more you pay, the more you get bent over wiht relation to value for money. megabytes per peso, not speed per peso, but rmember we arer talking about mobile wifi here, so bringing speed into the equation is pointless.

• Like 2
Rebuilder86

it all comes back to something i hijack every thread about, there is absolutely no business acumen here. The people simply just dont have it.

Rebuilder86

ill share a secret with you, if you want to extort even more out of these idiots, go with smart !!
They are so SMART, that their surfmax subscription has a loophole in it which allows you to double your value for money by payign for the cheapest surfmax susbcription (again cheapest is best value for peso) and subscribe at the middle of every day, or in the middle of your daily use.
Their stupidity has made it so that from 12 am your data allocation for surfmax starts, and resets 24 hrs later. however the time you have to use data is exactly 24 hrs from the time you subscribe. so if you line your subscription times up to the middle of the day, you can use your limit from l subscription time to 12 am, then use it again from 12 am to expry of subscription. When you subscribe again it resets and you are getign twice the advertised Mb per day, again this on to of the fact that the cheapest subscription is the best value.
You do this, you get 32 mB per peso.
 Its not even a loophole, they're just so god damn stupid they cant do basic product testing

• Like 1