Sign in to follow this  
rep1

"Radio" equipment though custom??

rep1

The custom in my country just told me I need to sign a paper for my "radio" equipment import, and then our radio regulation agency will inspect the specification.

Except it's no radio, just a speaker with WiFi and Bluetooth! Turns out it's all because the seller (Amazon US) put this on paper:

X5r8a4I.jpg

But Amazon from France and Germany never report such nonsense. Is it required by regulation in US to reveal radio capability? Would Philippine custom also check that, had I shipped this to Philippines directly instead? If it's true I'll have to avoid all such sorts in future :(

lolhahaha

Congratulations on your new $700 US government tracking device.

• Like 1

RogerDat

looks like it has a military application, why buy China products from US where everything is controlled?

This is a US thing, and I think Philippines would also require there paperwork to bring it in. I had to get clearance from FDA here for an anti snore thingy last year.

• Like 1

rep1

Even soap has military application!

bought it from US because they sell it at half of local price. Our importers are far bigger assholes than Philippines'.

BTW what does anti-snore has to do with FDA? Some sort of medicine? Can't they just change the label or put something like "oral medical device"? Shops from HK are more flexible in this matter, but they don't seem to like shipping...

RogerDat

When they came thru DHL, the shipper had labeled it " medical device" which is under local FDA, so I had to justify it that it was not available here, and I was not going to sell it. true BS but what you going to do?