Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Any one think we could stop Phil Health  from not giving us what we have paid for already this year as they took the wife's 2,400 peso payment to cover the whole family for 2017 now that say it ends July 1. ,2017 You would think a court injunction would stop that regulation dead in its  tracks. But wonder how much it would cost and can it be filed easily. Maybe some one here has a idea of ways to it cheaply even if we could not win.

Edited by tonny
weong spell
Link to post
Share on other sites
billy
16 minutes ago, tonny said:

Any one think we could stop Phil Health  from not giving us what we have paid for already this year as they took the wife's 2,400 peso payment to cover the whole family for 2017 now that say it ends July 1. ,2017 You would think a court injunction would stop that regulation dead in its  tracks. But wonder how much it would cost and can it be filed easily. Maybe some one here has a idea of ways to it cheaply even if we could not win.

has any one questioned phil health i paid for all of 2017 am i covered for full year? i already have international insurance anyway but i thought it was so cheap i kept renewing but i won't renew again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
3 hours ago, tonny said:

Any one think we could stop Phil Health  from not giving us what we have paid for already this year as they took the wife's 2,400 peso payment to cover the whole family for 2017 now that say it ends July 1. ,2017 You would think a court injunction would stop that regulation dead in its  tracks. But wonder how much it would cost and can it be filed easily. Maybe some one here has a idea of ways to it cheaply even if we could not win.

So, you are suggesting that expats file a lawsuit against the Philippine government? That sounds like a good way to get your name on somebody's radar ... and NOT in a good way. You might just as well face the fact that expats have no rights here. Any expat who thinks that they do have rights is in for a nasty shock.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon
6 hours ago, Headshot said:

You might just as well face the fact that expats have no rights here. Any expat who thinks that they do have rights is in for a nasty shock.

Non-Filipinos bring legal action all the time in Philippine courts through their legal counsel and have the same rights to bring complaints, file motions and other methods of seeking legal relief from the courts of the Philippines as a Filipino does. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jawny

I have been to court twice and was given the same opportunity to make my case as the others.  There was no bias toward my nationality.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
mabutiman
1 minute ago, Jawny said:

I have been to court twice and was given the same opportunity to make my case as the others.  There was no bias toward my nationality.  

But did you succeed ?? ....Court cases here are a complete waste of money and time !! ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jawny
7 minutes ago, mabutiman said:

But did you succeed ?? ....Court cases here are a complete waste of money and time !! ....

Yes, in both instances.  The costs were reasonable and worth it.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
mabutiman
15 minutes ago, Jawny said:

Yes, in both instances.  The costs were reasonable and worth it.  

I would be suprised if it involved collecting any money owing ....as they (filipinos) just refuse to pay or run away ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
fred42

The problem with expats in the Philippines is they have no lobby group to represent them which to my mind is absolutely crazy given the amount of cold hard cash we bring to the economy here.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
4 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Non-Filipinos bring legal action all the time in Philippine courts through their legal counsel and have the same rights to bring complaints, file motions and other methods of seeking legal relief from the courts of the Philippines as a Filipino does. 

Sure they do. Have you ever heard of an expat bringing suit against the Philippine government and winning the case? That is what is being proposed here, after all. Philippine citizens can't be deported or black-balled after everything is said and done. Foreigners can suffer those consequences, and there isn't a lot of recourse if it happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon
6 hours ago, mabutiman said:

Court cases here are a complete waste of money and time !! ....

Based on your personal experience?

 

2 hours ago, Headshot said:

Sure they do.

Your previous post essentially said they have no rights. 

The administrative order is confusing and is a prime example of one that needs clarification. Because you ask the court to declare something invalid from a government agency does not mean you are a villainous anti-government non desirable. That's what the judicial branch does. 

 Personally Philhealth is a waste of time for me and my family, but if it were as critical to me as some have posted here I wouldn't hesitate to seek relief. In fact a Filipino spouse of a foreigner would have standing in such a motion as well if one were so afraid to be a foreigner participating in such action. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well in the first place its in the wife's name and i am cover along with our  child so she would be her name listed on the  (Memorandum and application for conjunctive relief) To stop Phil Health from canceling the one year membership fee of coverage for the year of 2017 that was duly paid for  and recite issued that in truth is a contract. We ask the Honorable Court to grant us speedy relief.  Now in the USA we could file this action our self s  as pauper. Just pay a small court fee. But who knows here. You know if you don't make noise  you get no action. 

Edited by tonny
wrong word used
Link to post
Share on other sites
smokey
15 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Non-Filipinos bring legal action all the time in Philippine courts through their legal counsel and have the same rights to bring complaints, file motions and other methods of seeking legal relief from the courts of the Philippines as a Filipino does. 

there you go hook him up but  personally I think they will file his complaint in the round file next to the complaints about why foreigners can not get a discount card

14 hours ago, Jawny said:

Yes, in both instances.  The costs were reasonable and worth it.  

well then maybe we should sue to demand they give us old farts a 20% discount card...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Golden Peak Hotel this morning where Phil Health has there main Cebu offices ,got taken up to the 4th floor bye the lady a the information desk to see a office manager ,but she was on leave but talk to her assistant a nice lady who spoke English very well. She agreed they know they will have problems converting  over to this new policy and she said that nothing is written in concrete yet, She said they want feed back from the public and gave me this address (email) of the Regional Vice President Mr William O Chavez ,,,,,,,[email protected] i test email that address no return yet ten min time frame might be good address     ((((((   to:[email protected]
date:Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 2:33 PMsubject:testmailed-by:gmail.com

Edited by tonny
wrong spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
The Cold War Kid
On 3/1/2017 at 8:37 PM, Headshot said:

Sure they do. Have you ever heard of an expat bringing suit against the Philippine government and winning the case? That is what is being proposed here, after all. Philippine citizens can't be deported or black-balled after everything is said and done. Foreigners can suffer those consequences, and there isn't a lot of recourse if it happens.

"... yeah you don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't (!), into the wind, you don't pull, the mask, off that 'ol lone ranger and you don't mess around with _____..."  (Jim Croche)

Ah, but is there a sequel to a class action lawsuit?  Then perhaps individuals might remain anonymous?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..