Sign in to follow this  
fivestarph

New site issues

USMC-Retired

I primarily use Chrome for android with zero issues.  I actually like the new site.

colemanlee
Just now, USMC-Retired said:

I primarily use Chrome for android with zero issues.  I actually like the new site.

Im getting use to it...some things I wish were different...but you can't have everything...just takes a while for old dogs to learn new tricks

Paul
1 minute ago, USMC-Retired said:

There is a black sheep in every family.

• Like 1

USMC-Retired

The issue is the learning curve and as Lee said slower connections.  As each version progressed there is more addons that load needing more nternet speed.  So many errors I think can be attributed to timing out.

colemanlee

Right now the biggest thing I do not like is that at the bottom of the new content page it just has a button that loads more content...not page numbers like you see at the bottom of this tread..sometimes I use page numbers if I want to finish reading the thread and want to go back and quote somebody...its difficult to do that with a button that just says load more content

Paul
7 minutes ago, colemanlee said:

if I want to finish reading the thread and want to go back and quote somebody...its difficult to do that with a button that just says load more content

As you read each post just multiquote them. If you change your mind later, just delete the multiquote.

• Like 2

Ozepete

At first I thought WTF is Paul doing!  But now it has been sorted and settled it is better than ever and sort of flows better for me. Thumbs up from muaah! :thumbs_up:

• Like 2

Paul
Just now, Ozepete said:

At first I thought WTF is Paul doing!

I still think this.

• Like 4

shadow
14 hours ago, Paul said:

And I have done NOTHING to the forums to cause this. Sad, isn't it? The newer the version, the more screwed up it gets. I think it's time I posted on the IPS forums about our discontent with this version.

I have noticed this about a lot of software in general. The early versions work fine, but later versions get "new and improved" until they are no longer functional. 

• Like 1

thebob
2 hours ago, USMC-Retired said:

The issue is the learning curve and as Lee said slower connections.  As each version progressed there is more addons that load needing more nternet speed.  So many errors I think can be attributed to timing out.

When I was in Cebu it was almost impossible to connect with Globe Tattoo, now I'm back in Japan the speed isn't an issue, but sometimes the pages choke and don't load properly.

Woolf

I am using win10, firefox and ips default

I really do not have any problems with the new software

noticed that if I open a thread that has new unread  post(s) I come to the last unread post

if I open a thread that has no new post I come to the first post in that thread

also I am missing the post numbers in the thread

and also missing the count of how many times the thread has been read

Woolf

There is a lot more advertising on the setup a lot of images to download

that could slowdown loading if on a slow connection

• Like 2

Paul
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

noticed that if I open a thread that has new unread  post(s) I come to the last unread post

When I click the link in the notification email, it takes me to the right post. The same applies to forum notifications.

1 hour ago, Woolf said:

also I am missing the post numbers in the thread

They were done away with in this version.

1 hour ago, Woolf said:

and also missing the count of how many times the thread has been read

View any topic list:

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/forum/174-philippines-weather-typhoons-earthquakes-other-natural-disasters/

Lee

This icon on the top right still gives me the link to a particular post but it would be better if they went back to the number system so we can refer to the post number. 

Capture.JPG

Paul
Just now, Lee said:

This icon on the top right still gives me the link to a particular post but it would be better if they went back to the number system so we can refer to the post number. 

Don't hold thy breath.

• Like 1