Sign in to follow this  
fivestarph

New site issues

oztony
7 minutes ago, thebob said:

This evening the forum has gone all screwy again. Clicking the quote button just takes me to the top of the page, no multi-quote button, My new activity drop down just disappears when I hover over it, and various random weirdness.

Haven't you jerried yet .... that's because everyone has got you on block...:rofl: (if it is any consolation obviously I haven't):)

• Like 1

Lee
9 minutes ago, thebob said:

This evening the forum has gone all screwy again. Clicking the quote button just takes me to the top of the page, no multi-quote button, My new activity drop down just disappears when I hover over it, and various random weirdness.

I am on windows 7 too, no issues.

I forgot to say using chrome. 

Paul
1 hour ago, thebob said:

This evening the forum has gone all screwy again.

And I have done NOTHING to the forums to cause this. Sad, isn't it? The newer the version, the more screwed up it gets. I think it's time I posted on the IPS forums about our discontent with this version.

• Like 2

NOSOCALPINOY

I"m doing OK with this new site and I prefer this old school theme. I'm using Windows Vista and Chrome on my old HP desktop and Windows 10 on our two 17" laptops with Chrome and it seems to function very well, not slow at all using our PLDT 8 Mbps Plan, which is pretty quick without any lag uploading and or downloading. Eventually we will try their PLDT Fiber Optics Plan when and if our 8 Mbps Plan takes a dive, but so far so good. 

I haven't really encountered any issues yet on this new site, but if I do, I'll be back, but what do I know? I'm only a novice when it comes to PC technical stuff. I like things user friendly, but this frek'n Windows 10 is a pain in the ass. That's why I'm now using my old HP desktop with Windows Vista and Chrome as my default browser.      

Paul
2 minutes ago, NOSOCALPINOY said:

That's why I'm now using my old HP desktop with Windows Vista and Chrome as my default browser.  

I'm using Win 10 on this machine, Win 7 on the other, and Chrome. No problems for me. But, others are coming to me with similar set ups, yet are still having problems with the software. One problem in particular, is they are not able to reply directly in the fast reply text box below each thread. Maybe this new and improved version is life like and can pick and choose who it wants to post on the site? Who knows? All I know is, I wish I were back using v3.4.

• Like 2

Lee
4 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm using Win 10 on this machine, Win 7 on the other, and Chrome. No problems for me. But, others are coming to me with similar set ups, yet are still having problems with the software. One problem in particular, is they are not able to reply directly in the fast reply text box below each thread. Maybe this new and improved version is life like and can pick and choose who it wants to post on the site? Who knows? All I know is, I wish I were back using v3.4.

I believe that a lot has to do with the specs of the machine that upgraded to 10 and if it came with 10, I suspect those that came with 10 should work okay and some upgrades will work okay, yet others earlier computers not made with 10 in mind by ms might end up having problems.

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

Aerosick
1 hour ago, Lee said:

I believe that a lot has to do with the specs of the machine that upgraded to 10 and if it came with 10, I suspect those that came with 10 should work okay and some upgrades will work okay, yet others earlier computers not made with 10 in mind by ms might end up having problems.

Mine was upgraded from Win 7 to 10 and I seem to have the least amount of problems of anyone here. Clean living helps, maybe???

• Like 1

Paul
Just now, Aerosick said:

Clean living helps, maybe???

Right. Sure.

Next suggestion.

• Like 1

NOSOCALPINOY
6 hours ago, Lee said:

I am on windows 7 too, no issues.

I forgot to say using chrome. 

I was using a Slim Jet browser that is Chome based for awhile, because it was faster, but seem to have slowed down for some unknow reason. So, I'm back to using Chome again with Vista and 10 OS. 

Just curious, anyone using Ubuntu?

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY

p-power
1 hour ago, NOSOCALPINOY said:

I was using a Slim Jet browser that is Chome based for awhile, because it was faster, but seem to have slowed down for some unknow reason. So, I'm back to using Chome again with Vista and 10 OS. 

Just curious, anyone using Ubuntu?

not Ubuntu, but i use Linuxmint. Works perfect for me, i like it more then MS windows

• Like 2

Paul
7 hours ago, Lee said:

I don't. I believe most issues aware due to this version of IPB.

broden

mine workie workie good

• Like 2

thebob
11 hours ago, Paul said:

And I have done NOTHING to the forums to cause this. Sad, isn't it? The newer the version, the more screwed up it gets. I think it's time I posted on the IPS forums about our discontent with this version.

10 hours ago, Paul said:

I'm using Win 10 on this machine, Win 7 on the other, and Chrome. No problems for me. But, others are coming to me with similar set ups, yet are still having problems with the software.

I tried yesterday wit 3 different Macs, various versions of OS and Safari. Including the latest versions of both on an Intel i7 with 16gb of Ram. Same results everywhere .

I'd guess it's a server side push problem.

fivestarph

Since I changed the theme to default, I have had no further problems.

I use Windows 7 Professional and chrome.

Lee

Maybe some of the problems have to do with the slow speed of a persons connection. I do not like the way the new forum software works and there is no question in my mind that the old software was much better, thus this software is a downgrade, not an upgrade. 

As for thebob, he is using Macs, possibly that is the issue for him and maybe for some others, the software makers need to fix it so it works better with Macs.