Sign in to follow this  
fivestarph

New site issues

Paul

Well, @Lee, the only thing I can say here is, we can't go back. The previous version is no longer supported. 

What browser do you use?
What theme / skin are you running?

I am using Chrome, and Elegant. After I selected this theme, I dumped cookies and cache. Haven't had another issue since.

The text box can be emptied by clicking the link that pops up. OR, by pressing Ctrl + A and then Backspace. 

Lee
1 minute ago, Paul said:

Well, @Lee, the only thing I can say here is, we can't go back. The previous version is no longer supported. 

What browser do you use?
What theme / skin are you running?

I am using Chrome, and Elegant. After I selected this theme, I dumped cookies and cache. Haven't had another issue since.

I am using Chrome, Windows 7, and I tried all three available skins, right now I am on the factory one and that was the one the problems happened on yesterday and I have had the problems on this and the Elegant. I too dumped cookies and cache and again the other day for the second time when you told me to in a post.

Sorry but this software is just not as user friendly as the old one was and I for one am sorry you cannot go back to what actually worked. The company that makes this one should be ashamed of themselves for putting out such a shit product.

People and especially older people do not like change, thus upgrades should be improvements of an existing software and not complete changes from what was already working. The old saying still stands, if it ain't broke, DON'T FIX BREAK it.

Lee

BTW, if all a person does is reply to posts and post new ones then most of the time this works, the problems occur when trying to post news articles and sometimes when trying to quote when someone else replies while typing. 

Paul
5 minutes ago, Lee said:

People and especially older people do not like change, thus upgrades should be improvements of an existing software and not complete changes from what was already working. The old saying still stands, if it ain't broke, DON'T FIX BREAK it.

Well, unfortunately, if we cannot adapt, we will be left behind. For me, I don't mind so much, because I will be out of this game soon enough, hopefully anyway. I will admit, now that my browser issues have been sorted, there are some features I like about it. But, the ones I dislike, still outweigh those I like. 

Incidentally, if you think the forum is screwed up, you haven't seen the ACP of this new version. I really dislike it. I do not like change, either.

2 minutes ago, Lee said:

BTW, if all a person does is reply to posts and post new ones then most of the time this works, the problems occur when trying to post news articles and sometimes when trying to quote when someone else replies while typing. 

Not sure I follow here. Quoting you, this works fine. I do that often. :scratch_head:

Edited by Paul

TequilaSunset

I'm WIN 10 and it's working on my laptop with the default... WIN 7 may be the issue?

Lee
38 minutes ago, Paul said:

Not sure I follow here. Quoting you, this works fine. I do that often. :scratch_head:

But was anyone posting in this topic at the same time, obviously not, that had been the situation yesterday when my long post disappeared shortly after a few other members posted.

2 minutes ago, TequilaSunset said:

I'm WIN 10 and it's working on my laptop with the default... WIN 7 may be the issue?

Possibly, but that is yet one of the problems, techies who make these forum software may be using the latest everything, and likely are, yet members of forums may still even be using XP, many people who live in the Philippines still use older versions of windows and we should not be required to update to the latest windows just because the techies are too lazy to test with all versions that may still currently be used, so at the very least the forums software should be compatible with 7, since 7 is still supported.

• Like 1

cebubird
On 3/3/2017 at 5:36 PM, Lee said:

"reply and post......."

Hmmmm-not so much. It has been VERY hit or miss with me and I have w-10.

Mostly I just give up-and have tried using both default and old theme,

TequilaSunset

Not sure what had been fixed, but no issues for me since my first complaint...chrome. WIN10, laptop, default theme 

• Like 1

thebob
On March 4, 2017 at 8:22 AM, Lee said:

Possibly, but that is yet one of the problems, techies who make these forum software may be using the latest everything, and likely are, yet members of forums may still even be using XP, many people who live in the Philippines still use older versions of windows and we should not be required to update to the latest windows just because the techies are too lazy to test with all versions that may still currently be used, so at the very least the forums software should be compatible with 7, since 7 is still supported.

I'm using Safari 9.1.3 and the experience is slow and buggy. I don't use other browsers because they often cause problems with other software I use.

In the province the forum was unusable on Globe WiFi. Here in Japan it seems to work, but the new version completely messes up the "flow" of information as it used to be shown.

On March 4, 2017 at 7:37 AM, Paul said:

Well, unfortunately, if we cannot adapt, we will be left behind. For me, I don't mind so much, because I will be out of this game soon enough, hopefully anyway.

That's sad to hear Paul. LinC has been your baby for years now. You have had this upgrade forced on you, but it is quite detrimental to the "experience" that LinC had before.

They call it progress, but it seems like a step backwards to me.

It must be frustrating for you after all of your hard work "upgrading".

• Like 1

cvgtpc1

Anybody know how to increase the font size for this site on an Android phone?  I've increased both in phone and chrome settings and the font size doesn't change.

lost aussie
On 3/4/2017 at 7:22 AM, Lee said:

This version works well on another forum and has done so since the version 4 came out. I use windows 7 and no problem. The admin needs to run the support tool if not done which will clear the cache of the site. Members need to just relax and play with things to see how they work as they do work and work well. Change is one of those things that people complain about but they will buy a new car with the latest gadgets or get a new phone but wont take the time to understand a few changes in forum software. 

Monsoon
On 3/6/2017 at 1:23 AM, thebob said:

I'm using Safari 9.1.3 and the experience is slow and buggy.

Your browser is out of date. 

I use the forum with 10.0.2 and there's nothing slow or buggy about it. 

Soupeod
Guys, try "Elegant" again. So far it works for me.
NOTE: dump cookies and cache, close browser then open, then load the site.

Clear your browser data as Paul said if not you might have several problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebob
16 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Your browser is out of date. 

I use the forum with 10.0.2 and there's nothing slow or buggy about it. 

It's the latest browser that runs on OSX 10.9.5

Edited by thebob

BossHog

Could you please make it like Facebook where you can like your own posts?

It would do wonders for my self-esteem issues.

Thanks!

• Like 7