TV....options

sierra01

sierra01
On Mon Feb 27 2017 at 8:13 PM, Woolf said:

I hope so

That is what I am counting on

I just got the sky cable less than a week ago so I do not know yet

Installation of Cignal is now imminent, no Skycable in my street, were you able to watch the Aussie F1 Grand Prix on one of the Fox sports channels woolf?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sierra01

• Rebuilder86

• Woolf

• fordtech

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A dedicated speedtest port? That's funny.

I am fairly happy with the TV service I get from Sky Cable. They have a pretty broad selection of channels to choose from (certainly enough to keep me and my family entertained). You can probably find

If you can get sky cable, it is worth having look at http://www.mysky.com.ph/onesky check the onesky lite  8 Mb/s and multi channels, 999 each month cap at 40 GB pr month fox sport

Posted Images

Woolf
6 hours ago, sierra01 said:

Installation of Cignal is now imminent, no Skycable in my street, were you able to watch the Aussie F1 Grand Prix on one of the Fox sports channels woolf?

yes, watched it live yesterday at 12 noon, race started at 1 pm

fox sports is in english (american ?)

can watch it again today at 11  am

http://tv.foxsportsasia.com/

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1
sierra01
4 hours ago, Woolf said:

yes, watched it live yesterday at 12 noon, race started at 1 pm

fox sports is in english (american ?)

can watch it again today at 11  am

http://tv.foxsportsasia.com/

Thanks Woolf,  I'm looking forward to the Chinese GP now!

fordtech

Cignal just added 2 BBC channels. BBC World News and BBC Earth HD, both look good IMO

download.png

photo.jpg

sierra01
7 hours ago, fordtech said:

Cignal just added 2 BBC channels. BBC World News and BBC Earth HD, both look good IMO

download.png

photo.jpg

Due to proof of billing problems with Cignal I'm going the monthly PAYG route, the best option for me is the 800php pm load.  The higher price options don't really include anything of interest to me.  The upfront cost is 3990php plus the first month 800php, all payable to the installation guys, and I'm good to go.  Also there's no contract and you can change the loads every month to suit yourself.

I hope the new BBC channels are included in my 800php.

Once I get my brand new tv that came with a free cracked screen replaced ill be calling Cignal.

• Like 1
fordtech
13 hours ago, sierra01 said:

Due to proof of billing problems with Cignal I'm going the monthly PAYG route, the best option for me is the 800php pm load.  The higher price options don't really include anything of interest to me.  The upfront cost is 3990php plus the first month 800php, all payable to the installation guys, and I'm good to go.  Also there's no contract and you can change the loads every month to suit yourself.

I hope the new BBC channels are included in my 800php.

Once I get my brand new tv that came with a free cracked screen replaced ill be calling Cignal.

I do the 1000p a month and BBC is on there. 

Woolf

Sky bundles

http://www.mysky.com.ph/onesky#premiumplans

this is the one I have  999 php

http://www.mysky.com.ph/onesky#liteplans

added fox sports, fox sports 2 and fox sports 3 as a bundle for 150 php  a month

watches formula 1 on fox sports this last weekend

Fox Sports Pack HD

Get the Fox Sports Pack HD for only P150 per month and enjoy these High Definition (HD) channels.

See full plan details »

P150.00 / month

On top of your basic cable TV plan

Edited by Woolf
sierra01

Latest update......

Ordered the dish on Wednesday, install Thursday afternoon.  Thursday morning we get a call, no HD box available today so install Friday afternoon.

Late Friday morning we get another call can't install today so do it Saturday,  I told them do it today or ill cancel the order, the guy arrived about 3pm.

He arrived on foot carrying the dish and a small bag of tools.  For a satellite installer he was lacking one vital tool...a ladder!  After a lot of umming and arhring and head scratching he starts work.  2.5 hours later he's finally finished, that included climbing out of the window and literally swinging on girders to get to where the dish had to be positioned.

Apart from one bodged bit of cable run because he couldn't reach (no ladder so had to stand on the plastic porch roof) he did a quite reasonable job.

As per usual with satellite or cable tv most of the channels are junk but there's enough good ones as well.  

All in all I'm happy with everything but can you see Sky UK guys turning up without a ladder?  It's like a Dom Jolly sketch, you couldnt make it up hahaha.

20170401_095839.jpg

• Like 1