TV....options

Woolf

well sky  is NOT a telco

My neighbor have had sky for a year no problem

we will see how it turns out, but for now it is good

surely beats globe LTE at 2Mb/s and no tv channels

Rebuilder86

haha. yes it does beat globe LTE haha.
How is it not a telco tho? they supply internet.

Woolf
11 minutes ago, Rebuilder86 said:

haha. yes it does beat globe LTE haha.
How is it not a telco tho? they supply internet.

What is the meaning of telco ??

telephone company ??

as far as I know sky does not provide any form of telephone system

not even VOIP

Rebuilder86

no its telecommunications company. :P
Well to me it is anyway.
wikipedia agrees 
Sky Cable Corporation (simply traded as Sky and stylized as SKY) is a Filipino telecommunications company based in Diliman, Quezon City.

hahaahha

Rebuilder86

Also, a good way to test ur connection capacity is with speedtest, but in this country that means nothing. 

Every provider i have used, sends speedtest traffic through a dedicated speedtest port, so the speed u are seeing is not the speeds u will experience while browsing, streaming, facebooking and youtubing, these will all be slower than speedtest.net. (although facebook is also given its own portal which is not so bad so that 99% of their clientele dont complain about speed)

Skywalker

A dedicated speedtest port?

That's funny.

Edited by Skywalker
  • Like 3

USMC-Retired

Seems like a large waste of money unless you are in serious need of speed 24/7 as you will realize shortly your being throttled.  

• Like 1

Rebuilder86
7 hours ago, USMC-Retired said:

Seems like a large waste of money unless you are in serious need of speed 24/7 as you will realize shortly your being throttled.  

When u are dealing with a 2mbps at best connection which is being throttled to about 0.3 mbps (unusable) u do whatever it takes to find out the cause.

it started with me needing proof, so i trialed a product which let me export all traffic and ahow it as a graph, which i then used in a complaint to the isp.

the free speedtesting products arent capable of diagnosing where the problem is.

for me its always tower congestion and their solution is to pick those with the weakest signal and push them down to 2g technology.

i catch them the minute they do it and tell them to put me back hah.

they dont talk to me anymore on facebook

Edited by Rebuilder86

Rebuilder86
11 hours ago, Skywalker said:

A dedicated speedtest port?

That's funny.

Wel no sorry not a physical port, but the traffic doeant go through the same places as all other browsing related data. Its designed that way to stop mass bitching.

sierra01

Not much good news.  No skycable in my street.  That means cignal for any decent TV, the 999 plan suits me.  For Internet I'm stuck with Globe or PLDT, I think the best deal for me would be Globe 15mb or 50mb, both are silly money but I don't have a great deal of choice.  Oh well.  I'm actually using PLDT wifi to write this but it's agonisingly slow.

Edited by sierra01

lolhahaha

Skycable isn't necessarily going to be great anyway and it depends where you live. Around here skycable direct is all that is available and there are only a few English channels available. HBO, NBA channel (wtf), history, and the international version of the Counterfeit News Network. We got it for one month now the junk just sits on the roof.

sierra01

I hope Cignal is a bit better, the various costs and fees make it expensive to get up and running.

Rebuilder86

Bugger.

pldt wired will b better than globe wired. 

Globe mobile or fixed wireless will b faster than pldt mobile/wireless.

sonext choice is PLDT . See what the can do

Also cignal 999 is great.

sierra01
On Mon Feb 27 2017 at 8:13 PM, Woolf said:

I hope so

That is what I am counting on

I just got the sky cable less than a week ago so I do not know yet

Installation of Cignal is now imminent, no Skycable in my street, were you able to watch the Aussie F1 Grand Prix on one of the Fox sports channels woolf?

sierra01
On Mon Feb 27 2017 at 8:13 PM, Woolf said:

I hope so

That is what I am counting on

I just got the sky cable less than a week ago so I do not know yet

No Skycable in my street so installation of Cignal is imminent.  Was the F1 on any of the Fox channels?  Live, highlights, English commentary?  If not I'll need a rethink.