Sign in to follow this  
Kreole

50 to 1: the magic number

Kreole

First time ever I was able to score 50p to 1 USD or above.  It looks as if it is somewhat consistent here in Fuente circle.  Rajah hotel has 50.17 and Alcoh has 50.22.  I went to Alcoh first but they had many many people waiting so I did my exchange at Rajah hotel with only a $1.48 difference, well worth not having to wait in line.  There was no one else there but me.  I do not know what the trend will be, but I really stocked up on the exchange rate this week.  Does anyone remember what the rate was in 2009?  I first came here in September 2009 and had heard tales of 55 to 1 in the distant pass from "old timers".

• Like 2

tonny

Got 56 P in 2006 for the $ even in Ormoc

• Like 2

TheWhiteKnight

I want to cry, the effective exchange rate on my house was P39 to $1 :(

Oh well, I need to buy some PHP haha.

• Like 1

Lee

The exchange rate going up is great for those of us living on dollars or other currency that is also climbing and I like 50 to 1 US dollar because it makes figuring out costs of items much easier for me, but yes, for those of us who own something that we might wish to sell, once again, we get screwed as it climbs :( but it sure is good for those who might wish to buy. 

• Like 1

Paul
1 hour ago, tonny said:

Got 56 P in 2006 for the $ even in Ormoc

That's the highest - or, depending on your view, the lowest, it's ever been. It didn't stay long at 56, but it sure was nice.That was the most money I ever changed in my entire life, at one time. 

• Like 1

tonny

just look now on Metro Bank web site best i have seen there

USD50.10  to sell $    50.600 to buy $

Also his found on line  

Edited by tonny

tonny

also so this on line

With the US economy at "full employment" and signs that inflation pressures are pushing through the Fed’s +2.0% medium-term target, Federal Reserve officials have publicly left the door open for a rate move in March. At least that's the message from the Fed's Mester and Harker, both of whom have come out over the past day and stated as such. While these two Fed presidents tend to lean hawkish, the growing chorus of policymakers suggesting that a rate hike could come next month has been a strong enough clue for markets to drive the US Dollar higher.

Over the past two weeks, Fed rate hike odds (per Fed funds futures contracts) have ebbed and flowed, but they are starting to trend higher: after hitting a low around 24% in early-February, the probability has increased to 36% today. While far below our 'line in the sand' of 60% - the Fed hasn't raised rates over the past 20-years unless traders have priced in at least a 60% probability in the front month contract - the shift in tone among US policymakers is something to be taken seriously.

Lee

The wife and I went to BPI yesterday to make a deposit of some dollars, the bank rejected one $100 and one $50, so we took them to the exchange and they accepted them with no issues. :blink: 

50.18 yesterday in the Maze in Ayala Mall, upstairs Ayala where the Sky cable is was 50.15, I did not have time to look around to see if anyone was paying even more and for just $150 it really did not matter to me.

So all, who in Ayala do you get the best exchange rate from, I did not feel like going to Robinsons or Raintree for a few centavos.

• Like 1

Mikala
47 minutes ago, Lee said:

So all, who in Ayala do you get the best exchange rate from, I did not feel like going to Robinsons or Raintree for a few centavos.

Rustans money changer seems to have the best rates in Ayala Lee.

• Like 2

Skywalker
3 hours ago, Mikala said:

That's my experience also.

• Like 1

Lee

I am learning from you full timers... thanks...

Woolf
Lee
6 minutes ago, Woolf said:

USD/PHP exchange rate since jan 1, 2004

Looks like a roller coaster to me.. :wink: 

billy
9 hours ago, Mikala said:

not always the exchanger on terraces is sometimes better

• Like 2

Skywalker

Rustans Money Changer just now.  50.15 to the US$.

IMG_2351.JPG

• Like 2