Sign in to follow this  
jdwanderer

Methods!

jdwanderer

Ok, so I have never ever used birth control...so far, so good. hehe. But I know I'm just lucky right now..or not. (I want lots of kids, just not now!)

Anyhow, what kinda methods are good and easily available there in the Philippines?

I'd sorta like something other than pills (heard of the side effects) and def. don't want injections or UIDs. And my man doesn't like condoms :P

Not sure what else is left? Help?

Ps. Does lime/kalamansi juice and salt really work? :P:D

KeithAngel
Ok, so I have never ever used birth control...so far, so good. hehe. But I know I'm just lucky right now..or not. (I want lots of kids, just not now!)

Anyhow, what kinda methods are good and easily available there in the Philippines?

I'd sorta like something other than pills (heard of the side effects) and def. don't want injections or UIDs. And my man doesn't like condoms :lol:

Ps. Does lime/kalamansi juice and salt really work? :biggrin_01: B)

Here is one The Diaphram

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/ho...eptive/806.html

USMC-Retired

Watson in Ayala sells spermicidal foam easy to use. However it messes up maybe the foreplay.

Markham

When my daughter asked me about birth-control methods - a subject she found impossible to discuss with her mother - I told her that the best method was to use a coin the size of a half-penny (here that'd be a 25 Centavo coin) and place it firmly between the knees and not to allow the coin to fall to the floor!

Spermicidal foams are messy but work - or so I'm told. Better would be a spermicidal pessary which the woman should insert 20 to 30 minutes before intercourse.

Contraceptive pills are not for everyone and you may suffer side-effects. I would advise staying well clear of the cheaper brands such as "Trust". A combination micro-dose pill such as "Diane35" (Schering), although much more expensive (about 600 for a month's supply), are reckoned to be very safe and effective.

It's really important for women considering using spermicidal foams, pessaries or the contraceptive pill to have a PAP smear test before embarking on this form of contraception and then at yearly intervals.

Mark

til

What are you going to do with the kalamansi juice and salt ????

Art

I have been told the 2 safest methods of birth control are oral sex and abstinence.

jdwanderer
What are you going to do with the kalamansi juice and salt ????

Use it like a spermicide! :P B) With a sponge off the beach...haha ;) I heard they use lime and salt in Mexico! :lol:

Mark, I don't think my hubby would like your first advice!! :rolleyes:

Thanks to all of you for the advice...! I think diaphragm would be good but I didn't know if I could find spermicide there in the smaller towns...and you have to use both together, right?

Bob Ward

I find it truly interesting that the only responses to the OP were posted by men. Where are the Filipinas? :rolleyes:

I really think that it is the cultural boundaries [not to discuss things like this in public] and religious taboos that cause this phenomenon.

Just remember that diaphragm usage is only 86-94% effective.

http://www.birth-control-comparison.info/diaphram.htm

Edited by Bob Ward

Candyman

Well, me and my first bwife didn't have much luck with any of those methods. Number one baby came along after her taking the pill. She also got the flue sometime before she got pregnant, and took antibiotics to clear that up. We found out later that if you take antibiotics while on the pill, they counteract the affect of the pill. Number two baby came along after using Delin Foam, a spermicidal contraceptive. She then went onto an IUD called a copper seven, made by Gravigard. She then miscarried a set of twins with this, one of them had the copper seven imbedded in it's head. Number three baby came along as more or less a planned pregnancy, but after that we decided that, that was enough, so she went into hospital for a Tubal Ligation, which she had, BUT....... She must have already been pregnant, because a bit over eight months later, Baby number four came along !..... These children are all grown up now, and all seem to be normal in all respects,....... I guess we were just meant to have them after all.

With wife number two (Cebuana), the first baby was planned, then a miscarriage, then she went on the pill,..................BUT TOOK ANTIBIOTICS,.............. You guessed it ! Nine months later, another daughter.

Someone told me once the only safe method is a biscuit tin and a staircase. How it works. The lady stands on the staircase, and the "standing up position" is used. The man stands on the biscuit tin below her. When she observes that he is on the point of no return, she quickly and forcefully kicks the biscuit tin from under him ! Guaranteed to take his mind off sex !

jdwanderer
I find it truly interesting that the only responses to the OP were posted by men. Where are the Filipinas? ;)

And even funnier to me is that some have even mentioned abstinence! I really didn't think guys 'believed' in such methods! :lol:

If they do, they're awfully good at pretending like they don't! :rolleyes:

Edited by jdwanderer

Alan S

The best and most effective method is the pill, and the latest ones are safe. Far safer than the risks of illness one has with any pregnancy.

The biggest problem is finding them.

I do know that the better Manila Gynaecologists can assist, but I would assume that they are expensive.

(The condom is also as effective, but, of course, has some disadvantages.)

Bob Ward
And even funnier to me is that some have even mentioned abstinence! I really didn't think guys 'believed' in such methods! ;)

If they do, they're awfully good at pretending like they don't! :lol:

Not many people are aware that the simple aspirin can be THE most effective birth control, especially for younger girls who are still virgins.

Simply take the aspirin and place it between the thighs. Then simply do not let it fall. B) :rolleyes::P

KeithAngel

Hey guys I like a laugh too but I noticed and took seriously the header to this forum

"This forum is for serious issues, questions and comments to help educate single Filipinas, in hopes they can better protect themselves.

If a Filipina posts here, I expect all who reply to be respectful, regardless of her situation."

All forms of contraception have flaws or a downside most failures are due to user error if your partner takes his part in the equation seriously then these risks can be minimized without adversely affecting your sex life for one thing ejaculation internally is not a every time requirement to satisfying relationships and timing this with other methods whithin your cycle will help to reduce your chances of unwanted pregnancy

The pill can raise blood pressure so if you go this rout and are hypertensive you will need close monitoring

Bob Ward
If a Filipina posts here, I expect all who reply to be respectful, regardless of her situation."

And the moderators expect the members to please read the rule and guidelines for the forum.

2. Member Police - Do not assume the role of a moderator. We have moderators on this forum who have been active here (as administrators or moderators) for years. They are quite capable, and know very well how to perform their duties on this site.

If someone gets out of hand we will deal with it accordingly. There is no harm in tasteful humor when dealing with serious issues.

Edited by Bob Ward

kc8ual

Do they have Depo-Provera or similar here?

"Depo Provera is 97-99.7% effective as birth control."

"Depo Provera is a hormone injection that lasts for 3 months to prevent pregnancy."

The side effects are limited to increased risk of osteoporosis, alergic reaction and in the event that she does become pregnant, premature birth. Of course that last one would not have been so bad considering our daughter was WAYYYYYY too big for her to pass.

-Nick