• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tullioz

• Raven

• Paul

• JamesMusslewhite

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

StateTrooper lives a few hours further down South. Just got power back up a few hours ago. We did far better than many of many did in the city. The center of the quake was across from where our farm i

It really did not take long, we have been in longer events. I was sitting at the computer and my wife was sitting to the bed's edge internet texting on her phone. Being here in Surigao we often will f

Vice Mayor Atty. Casurra has done an excellent administrative roll while the Surigao City Mayor has been on a leave of absence. He regularly talked through radio announcements and interviews to give h

Posted Images

HeyMike

We felt a little tremor here in Barili for about 5 seconds. It was small but brought back memories that I was hoping to forget.

• Like 2
Tullioz

The latest update:

MANILA, Philippines - A strong 6.7 magnitude earthquake struck Surigao City at exactly 10:03 p.m. Friday, according to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology.

The epicenter of the quake of tectonic origin was located at coordinates 9.83 degrees north latitude and 125.37 dgrees east longitude or 14 kilometers north of Surigao City and at a depth of 4 kilometers.

It was felt at Intensity VI in Surigao City and Pintuyan, Southern Leyte; Intensity V in Mandaue City, San Ricardo, Limasawa and San Francisco, Southern Leyte; Intensity IV in Hinunangan, Southern Leyte and Butuan City; Intensity III in Hibok-hibok, Camiguin, Tolosa and Tacloban, Leyte, Bislig City, Gingoog City and Misamis Oriental; and Intensity II in Cagayan de Oro City, Talocogon City, Agusan del Sur, Dumaguete City, Cebu City, the Phivolcs said, adding that aftershocks are expected.

Thousands of residents in Surigao City panicked over rumors that the sea level was rising, which prompted them to seek higher ground at the provincial capitol building.

The area's police chief Senior Superintendent Anthony Maghari told radio station DZMM that he saw a school house had collapsed and that many other buildings had developed cracks.

He added the city was suffering from a power outage and that police were checking for any casualties.

According to the the United States Geological Survey (USGS), the quake struck at a depth of 27 kilometers (around 17 miles) in Mindanao, more than 700 kilometers southeast of the capital Manila.

The USGS earlier said the quake struck at about 2 km southwest of Talisay in Surigao City.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said there was no tsunami threat from the quake. 

http://interaksyon.com/article/137003/6-7-magnitude-earthquake-strikes-surigao-city

Some pictures coming in from Surigao on twitter. 

quake5.jpg.bb5c258a32afc1962d22d9b9f725b468.jpgquake6.jpg.c9c804d184a684ef3638db84bfeb30f4.jpg

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 1

Hmmm. Tully posted a reply and it was moderated. That shouldn't have happened. 

Tullioz
1 minute ago, Paul said:

Hmmm. Tully posted a reply and it was moderated. That shouldn't have happened. 

I was wondering why it said it had to be approved by a moderator. I was thinking it may have had something to do with having a link included in the content. There was no problem when I started the new topic. 

A new feature on the site. Let me find the damned thing and disable it. FFS, not only having to deal with options the forum software NO longer has. Now, I have to deal with shit they HAVE added. Grrrrr. Fuckin' IPS. 

• Like 1
HeyMike

Thanks Tullioz.... I don't see a thank button... had to do it manually (wink).

• Like 1

Mike, still have "Likes" on the right side. I will have to check and see if "thanks" are still available to add back to this version. 

• Like 1
Just now, HeyMike said:

thanks Paul... hope things are going smoothly.

As smooth as the back road to your house. 

HeyMike
Just now, Paul said:

As smooth as the back road to your house. 

LOL, its been a while since I took that road. Jeeps been dead for a year now. It seems you have a handle on the new software.

Tullioz

Unfortunately there are reports of fatalities and several injuries starting to show up on twitter. 

quake7.jpg.07f0eb4ee223b59bbf68fd26690f4bbe.jpg

I hope James is okay..

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Tullioz said:

Could be felt here in Davao. 

Edited to give updated information. 

quake3.jpg.31e6a1e092f13681f158ee86648e8570.jpg

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us20008ixa#shakemap

No thanks icon yet, so I liked the post to say thanks.

Obviously I am not happy about an earthquake and hope everyone is okay.

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1