Hi All

Hi All

I sort of missed this section and dove into the general as I had a problem I wanted to share.

Ok I

Edited by gusboy
I live with my parents as they are elderly. They stood by me through all my problems and I won

Welcome to the Forum, Gus.

Well, to my knowledge, you'll be the third person from Wales. I'm from Pembrokeshire and there's a recent arrival who is from North Wales - but I don't hold that against him!

The "ESPN/Star Sports" channel normally shows all the 6 Nations matches live and repeats them twelve hours (or so) later. You can watch either in your hotel or at one of the Sports Bars such as "The Tap Room", "Badgers" or "Sand Trap" (all in Banilad). Unfortunately Star tends to have interviews with past players and pundits during the pre-match hymn singing when Wales is playing (at home), but the in-match commentary is very good and less intrusive than BBC/ITV. I've just checked the listings and they're only showing the England v Ireland game (on Sunday). You should arrive in time to watch Wales annihilate Italy starting at 11pm local :)

I guess you're flying via Manila and then onto Cebu with either Philippine Airlines or Cebu Pacific. Both airlines operate out of different terminals - PAL from "Centennial" and CP from Terminal 3 - and you'll be arriving at the International terminal (aka Terminal 1). Don't be fooled into taking a taxi between terminals. There's a free shuttle bus, approximately every 15-20 minutes, from just outside "Arrivals" - the security guards will direct you.

Mark

Derek Trotter
I guess you're flying via Manila and then onto Cebu with either Philippine Airlines or Cebu Pacific. Both airlines operate out of different terminals - PAL from "Centennial" and CP from Terminal 3 - and you'll be arriving at the International terminal (aka Terminal 1). Don't be fooled into taking a taxi between terminals. There's a free shuttle bus, approximately every 15-20 minutes, from just outside "Arrivals" - the security guards will direct you.

Mark

Hi

My first post as well - I have just booked tickets online (I am in the UK) with Cebu Pacific from Manila to Cebu and I think they have changed terminals now and use the main International terminal.

Can anyone else confirm?

Cheers

Del

Welcome to the Forum, Gus.

Well, to my knowledge, you'll be the third person from Wales. I'm from Pembrokeshire and there's a recent arrival who is from North Wales - but I don't hold that against him!

Does he speak welsh every time someone walks into the bar? lol Its a South Wales v North Wales Joke. I was in Fishguard last week out on a run, do u mis the place??

Wow all my mates were gloating that I wont be seeing the last 2 matches ha ha.

Thanks for the info thats great, so I gather you wil be watching the matches? I have allready altered my booking now to stay at The Marco Pol CEBU for a few days. I will look for other (less expensive) hotels when I am there. Are these bars far from the Marco Polo ?

I will keep in touch prior to my visit mebbe start a new thread and then we can arrange a meet?

I will have to alter my fight as well now with Cebu Pacific so I gather their airline is at a different area of the airport which requires a shuttle bus? thats good info for me. The Marco Polo is providing transport from the airport so thats sorted.

heavly-angel i'm sad to hear you have had bad luck as well, as it was said, some westerners will play the game as well. You know I would never sleep at night if I felt I had deliberately or unintentionally hurt some one.

We have lost of filipino nurses here and one has known for a long time of my trip. I seen her this morning and although I didn't explain the story, when she heard I was now going to CEBU she said she was so glad " Davao is not such a nice place, but CEBU is beautiful I am glad you are going there now instaed, the people are very friendly there" straight fom the horses mouth. She also asked me to fetch some "Dried Mango" home for her. Mebbe u can help me with that one lol

Im looking forward to meeting people there, I will be in touch soon thanks for all the support

Gus

Heavenly Angel
heavly-angel i'm sad to hear you have had bad luck as well, as it was said, some westerners will play the game as well. You know I would never sleep at night if I felt I had deliberately or unintentionally hurt some one.

We have lost of filipino nurses here and one has known for a long time of my trip. I seen her this morning and although I didn't explain the story, when she heard I was now going to CEBU she said she was so glad " Davao is not such a nice place, but CEBU is beautiful I am glad you are going there now instaed, the people are very friendly there" straight fom the horses mouth. She also asked me to fetch some "Dried Mango" home for her. Mebbe u can help me with that one lol

Im looking forward to meeting people there, I will be in touch soon thanks for all the support

Gus

It's alright Gus... life is like this and we can't avoid things like this to happen.... as our lives goes on.... trials, difficulties, happiness, success and failures were always a part of it.... and because of all those stuffs... then we can learn almost everything.... we live and learn....

So, I wish you Happy Trip and Welcome to Cebu Island.... I hope you will enjoy your stay here..... God bless us each and everyone....

---Angel---

My first post as well - I have just booked tickets online (I am in the UK) with Cebu Pacific from Manila to Cebu and I think they have changed terminals now and use the main International terminal.

Can anyone else confirm?

Cebu Pacific has changed terminals and now flies out of Terminal 3. From the International Terminal that is the third stop on the free shuttle bus.

Does he speak welsh every time someone walks into the bar? lol Its a South Wales v North Wales Joke. I was in Fishguard last week out on a run, do u mis the place??

Miss Fishguard? No! But I do miss my dog and my daughter who looks after him now.

Thanks for the info thats great, so I gather you wil be watching the matches? I have allready altered my booking now to stay at The Marco Pol CEBU for a few days. I will look for other (less expensive) hotels when I am there. Are these bars far from the Marco Polo ?

About an 80-100 Peso taxi ride.

I will have to alter my fight as well now with Cebu Pacific so I gather their airline is at a different area of the airport which requires a shuttle bus? thats good info for me. The Marco Polo is providing transport from the airport so thats sorted.

That's right. Cebu Pacific's flights leave from Terminal 3. You should check the price that Marco Polo will charge to collect you from the airport - you may find it's considerably more than 200 Pesos which is about the cost of a metered taxi.

She also asked me to fetch some "Dried Mango" home for her. Mebbe u can help me with that one lol

You can buy that in any supermarket. Don't buy it at the airport's inflated tourist prices!

Mark

Cheers Mark for the info its a big help

Im sorry to hear you miss the place, its pretty bad here with all the economic dissaray and things but Its home after all.

Thanks once again I think the filipino nurse is going to be exited now when I tell her.

You know, just a small thing, I met her (The Nurse) when I was on her Ward fixing her PC as I help out the general I.T. dept there, and I asked if she was filipino as I wasn't too sure. We got chatting, I told her I had met this "wonderful girl" who I was going to meet (cough cough) and she said there were lots of filipino nurses at the hospital looking for a partner which was something I had never thought of. But she dismissed that straight away as I had allready mentioned my intentions.

I had noticed the odd nurse but since she mentioned it I have seen a lot more. I also have a good Filo friend Emilio who is a domestic at the hospital, almost all the domestics are filipinos. He wil be devastated when I tell him what happened. We also have a filipino I.T guy "Gomez" who works for us a heck of a nice guy.

And on a closing note I wil say this, the filipino nurses and domestics are very very well thought of in the hospital, no more so than by me. What dedicated hard workers, and nice people they are.

Gus

PS Please dont be offended by my spelling, I cant type as it is and to type filipino is soooo much easier.

Edited by gusboy