Sign in to follow this  
tambok

The saw ' you' on TV.

tambok

Once,  a girl I was visiting was angrily approached by the father of her female friend and I was the topic. He said that he had seen me ( a porener) on TV being arrested for white slavery. He was very concerned about his daughter being trafficked into white slavery also. I had met the guy and he appeared nervous with me around. Him and his friend got drunk and threatened the girl I was visiting with reprisals. She cried and cried.

All white people look the same to them, you see.

Thus, every time there is a show about some porener being caught in some illegal act, they may think it was you. For example, I am taking care of my foster daughter and it may not always be a good idea to go with her even to the local store. People who don't know you may start flashing angry eyes at you and some may confront you.

You just never know what they had been watching on TV. In Tagalog.

Smiles and respect also abound after they watched the American Idol and then, Spiderman-  and it was me ( to them) in those shows, but you also have to be aware of what was shown on TV Patrol, Investigador and Good Morning, Bayan. They love showing poreners involved in some scandal. Then, they may spill their anger on you.

• Like 2

rep1

:ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO: 

Wouldn't they mis-identify you as one of those?

b16e13fe1d5edb0ac8f45ddcfaa9b99e.jpg

robert-de-niro-maker-studios-590x392.jpg

big_Star_Trek_actor_Sir_Patrick_Stewart_

can't remember other names for now... But why a porener not someone good? Do they just watch sadistic news all day? :D

• Like 1

Paul

We foreigners do look somewhat alike, eh?

Sir_Patrick_Stewart.jpg

g_gordon_liddy.jpg

• Like 2

tambok

We look alike *to them*. And what they see on TV is good when a Hollywood movie is shown. Not when some Filipino news report about some sicko is shown.

Sven

It is only human, though, to generalize from a single episode, especially if it is on TV, and to pay zero attention to serious research and statistics. We all do it.

tambok

It is only human, though, to generalize from a single episode, especially if it is on TV, and to pay zero attention to serious research and statistics. We all do it.

Just as long as we don't discriminate against people after that, it's OK.

Alfred E. Neuman

Perhaps relocating to a place where there's lower percentage of tsinelas wearing people is safer?

RogerDat

Lot's of locals need glasses, or to wear the one's they have. While at Clark in 70's, a lot of programs with bad whites, and good brown's were on weekly. In Thailand, when Bruce lee kicked Chuck Norris to the ground, the movie house cheered for several minuets.

Headshot

We look alike *to them*

Fess up. They all look alike to you too. I sometimes have a hell of a time finding my wife in the supermarket because all of the women have their heads turned away and I can't remember what she was wearing. Not paying attention to detail, and generalizing from a little bit of information are both very human traits.

• Like 1

tambok
Fess up. They all look alike to you too. I sometimes have a hell of a time finding my wife in the supermarket because all of the women have their heads turned away and I can't remember what she was wearing. Not paying attention to detail, and generalizing from a little bit of information are both very human traits.

False analogy. With turned away heads, it's hard to place people. True. But with faces turned to you, you can tell, can't you? Also, you don't threaten people with death if you confuse them.

Lot's of locals need glasses, or to wear the one's they have. While at Clark in 70's, a lot of programs with bad whites, and good brown's were on weekly.

What programs were those?

In Thailand, when Bruce lee kicked Chuck Norris to the ground, the movie house cheered for several minuets.

Thais are notorious Pan-Asianists and white haters.

Perhaps relocating to a place where there's lower percentage of tsinelas wearing people is safer?

This was a military father of a college student.

Edited by tambok

RogerDat

one at Clark was about the boar hunters who shot and killed a local on the reservation. The 2 white guys came to the home, and gave money, apologized, and said they thought he was a pig, the father shouted his son was no pig.

This was based on a true happening and so hunting was stopped on base.

Saw that one weekly.

Dafey

A few months ago we were visiting Palompon and walking to our hotel through the neighborhood. A man with a group of chatting guys called out hey...it's Chuck Norris! This brought a laugh to my wife as she thinks I'm a cross between Nick Nolte and Rodney Dangerfield!

• Like 1

Headshot

When my wife first saw pictures of me as a young man, she said, "You are Superman, aren't you." That kind of mistaken identity I like.

All of the neighborhood kids just know me as Joe.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2

AlwaysRt

When my wife first saw pictures of me as a young man, she said, "You are Superman, aren't you." That kind of mistaken identity I like.

All of the neighborhood kids just know me as Joe.

Apparently I look like you, the neighborhood kids here also call me Joe.

• Like 2

dart69

... I sometimes have a hell of a time finding my wife in the supermarket because all of the women have their heads turned away and I can't remember what she was wearing.... 

are you sure you were looking at heads? ...;-)

• Like 2