Sign in to follow this  
Shrek484

Whale shark watching and swimming

Headshot

Not having a great time here this time, too much rain and a few issues, but sorted them in my usual way and all is well but definitely rethinking my living in Balamban, looking at Toledo or Cebu city.

You have nothing holding you down. Get on that big bike and ride. Land where you land. There are places to stay everywhere (if you just look and ask around). Use the ferry systems, too. Don't limit yourself to one small area.

• Like 2

Shrek484

Yep, next plan is to visit a friend in Cebu as he lives in a nice area with good internet and easy access to the mountain rds and much more so that looks possible. Next holiday here will probably be a tour or a two stop affair trying new areas.

Gone is my fixation with Balamban, really enjoyed it previously but this time has opened my eyes to a few deficiencies that would eventually drive me crazy! Still number one priority is good internet, still need to earn a living when here! 

Still looking at 12 months max 18 months to move here, just need to get my money up a little and finish my new contract! 

Where is the SUN!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Dafey

Are you riding up through Basay? Recent mudslides messed up some of the roads soooo....a always use caution. And let me know when. I may be up for a ride.

• Like 1

trthebees

Just noticed that no-one has mentioned the NatGeo programme last Thursday about Oslob whale sharks. It was a fairly well balanced report, quite a bit about the benefits to Oslob, moderately critical comments from experts who only really raised issues about possible effects such as making the whales associate boats elsewhere with food and being injured or captured, or not taking migration exercise and diet variety. Sort of saying the issues are an unknown quantity. And the journalist seemed to prefer Donsol where the whales aren't fed and you have to go out quite a way to wait to see them for some hours, then get in the water if you want and see them passing for a few minutes.

Edited by trthebees
  • Like 2

Shrek484

Just noticed that no-one has mentioned the NatGeo programme last Thursday about Oslob whale sharks. It was a fairly well balanced report, quite a bit about the benefits to Oslob, moderately critical comments from experts who only really raised issues about possible effects such as making the whales associate boats elsewhere with food and being injured or captured, or not taking migration exercise and diet variety. Sort of saying the issues are an unknown quantity. And the journalist seemed to prefer Donsol where the whales aren't fed and you have to go out quite a way to wait to see them for some hours, then get in the water if you want and see them passing for a few minutes.

I personally would like to see the feeding stopped and a lot less interaction too, What u mentioned about a passing view of them would be in my humble opinion a better deal for me and them, to see them acting completely naturally would of been better. 

• Like 3

Celestial Being

I'd suppose they did not include this on the invitations

WSK2_zpsvbuf7fnp.jpg

RogerDat

Every city on earth seams to have a drug problem, the thing is to avoid the parts that have drugs (not all area of a town have the problem) and live / work there.

If it looks like a wild area, it probably is, and at night it gets worse most times.