post-7086-0-08858000-1486159187_thumb.jpeg

Woolf

yes

yes

Old-new_banknotes_CNNPH.jpg

• Like 1

the.lone.gunman

yes

Is this the new or old currency? If old, does it expire soon?

Woolf

Is this the new or old currency? If old, does it expire soon?

it is the new ones 

see my post above

• Like 1

Dafey

Actually those bills were printed upside down ! Probably counterfeit  :sarcasm:  

• Like 4

AlwaysRt

Actually those bills were printed upside down ! Probably counterfeit  :sarcasm:  

I printed the photo and took it to BPI - they would not deposit it in my account so must be counterfeit  :tease:

• Like 2

the.lone.gunman

I was gonna go to my bank here in Canada and get some PHP before I arrive. I was digging around in my old backpack and two wallets and I found about 26k php . I thought that was great, I don't have to go to the bank but then I remembered hearing something about new/old currency and thought it might be no good. I am relieved to hear the money is good.

• Like 2

Headshot

I was gonna go to my bank here in Canada and get some PHP before I arrive. I was digging around in my old backpack and two wallets and I found about 26k php . I thought that was great, I don't have to go to the bank but then I remembered hearing something about new/old currency and thought it might be no good. I am relieved to hear the money is good.

As far as I know, there is still a 10,000 Php cap on what you can carry in or out of the Philippines. I know, it is a silly low number (probably based on the $10,000 US cap), but you should probably still follow the law.

BossHog

As far as I know, there is still a 10,000 Php cap

It's 50k php now.

• Like 1

Dafey

yes...only a couple of weeks ago they changed it to 50 K

Woolf

yes...only a couple of weeks ago they changed it to 50 K

???

september 15, 2016        well a little more than a couple of weeks ago

https://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/the-philippines-2/bringing-currency-into-the-philippines/

The increase to PHP 50,000 in the allowable amount of Philippine currency brought in or out of the Philippines took effect on 15 September 2016, per Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Circular No. 922, series of 2016, dated 23 August 2016, titled “The Amendments of the Rules on Cross-Border Transfer of Local Currency”.

Dafey

Okay...it was reported on LInC a couple of weeks ago !!! I get all my news here...

Did you guys know Mickey Rooney died ?

• Like 3

Jim Sibbick

???

september 15, 2016        well a little more than a couple of weeks ago

https://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/the-philippines-2/bringing-currency-into-the-philippines/

Agree absolutely but the government seems to have delayed telling everyone, including customs officials.