Sign in to follow this  
liquido

Express Inn Cebu

liquido

I made a reservation through Express Inn website awhile back,I had to cancel my reservation so I called them telling them in advance my trip is cancelled and would like to reverse the charge since i had to pay upfront..Yeah right.. Sorry sir we can not issue you a credit to your credit card...They said they can only rebook it for another time but i can only do that one time..Well worth it to use a booking site like agoda or hotels.com next time...Another wakeup customer service blunder here..It does not state anywhere on my confirmation that it is nonrefundable..

Jawny

From my understanding of the process, the hotel has the privilege to place a hold onto the amount for the room, but not actually complete the transaction until the customer consumes the hold amount. .......spends a night. I used this method (direct to hotel reservation) but was never charged for a situation such as yours. If I had been charged, I would immediately complain to the credit card issuer and expect them to contact the hotel. I am of the belief (foolishperhaps) that the hotel is violating the terms of their agreement with the card issuer.

• Like 2

Jim Sibbick

Usually, I never pay any money until I see my room.

Although I did book one night at Parklane online a few years ago, just for the experience, because I had been wanting to try it out since it opened. 

• Like 1

liquido

I guess No cancellation means you can not cancel!!! :idontknow:

http://www.expressinnph.com/cebu-hotel/booking#system-message

I guess i missed that and assumed...What a ridiculous rule..Most people change travel plans....Strike this place off my list,after almost 10 years my list is fat...

Raven

Think you have to be strict about cancellation and refund...otherwise you spend a lot of time booking and refunding 'cos people constant change their minds

I have set mine to...

Strict: 50% refund up until 1 week prior to arrival, except fees

and guest cancels less than 7 days in advance, the nights not spent are not refunded

But I will look at each case, if reasons for cancellation is fair or just keep a smaller fee.

RogerDat

Most of the hotels in non tourist areas like Borakay  are begging for customers, so, just find one that is likeable, in right location, price range, and show up. Cebu, and Manila have hundreds of small hotels that are wonderful.

• Like 1

Jester

No cancellations at last minute, even I can buy that, but NO cancellations!  Thanks for telling us about a site not to use. 

GwapoGuy

I guess i missed that and assumed...What a ridiculous rule..Most people change travel plans....Strike this place off my list,after almost 10 years my list is fat...

When is your room booked for? Might be able to use it!

liquido

My room was booked for this Sunday so I tryed to cancel it yesterday and then I noticed the charge was on my credit card knowing im screwed..I called them back saying then I want to book it for a latter date where I think I might be back in cebu since there so kind and give you one time to do that.Then they tell me i cannot do it verbally and that i have to send them an email addressed to reservations to change it..I find out reservations is the girl sitting next to the girl at the front desk..What an ahole outfit...Like someone above stated I thought your charged the day you check in....WRONG

sugbu777

I had a problem like that some years ago. Hotel refused to refund. Contacted my credit card and they refunded anyway. Took them about 30 days, but did get the refund. Try contacting the credit card direct.

Edited by sugbu777
  • Like 2

liquido

Since i have been in the RP on/off for almost 10 years I have developed a strong dislike for all the big businesses here.. Of course customer service tops the list..Your typical reply is"i apologize for the inconvenience sir" well what can you do for me? "im sorry sir sir check back in 24 hours or there is nothing we can do"..  

Jawny

To add to my previous post....I got a credit card here just so I could make online or even phone reservations (there's a entire separate story about the credit card experience). For many years, I was able to call and get a reservation without a credit card. Just show up and check in. This was with the Marriott at Ayala.

They changed their policy a few years back and required a credit card, so I worked an arrangement where I left a cash deposit with them for any future reservations. This was prior to getting the credit card. This worked fine, but clearly limited my options of hotels.

The policy now with Marriott is to book online. They will accept direct phone reservations, but don't always have rooms available since some are blocked for the online clients. The rule they have is if you need to cancel it must be done "more than one day prior". For example, I had a reservation there this coming Sunday and Monday. I decided to cancel today, and will receive a complete cancellation. If I had waited until tomorrow, I would lose one day cost of the reservation. They are not clear on when the "one day" begins so I made sure I canceled two days ahead.

I have made a reservation with the Radisson using their online process. They have a rule that the cancellation must be done by 6:00 PM on the day of the reservation. Far more liberal.

I both cases, the actual charges do not appear on my credit card until the completion of the stay. In fact, there have been times when I checked out and paid for the room with cash. The hotel "unfroze" the amount they had set against my card. I can even do that at time of check in, leaving instead a cash deposit to guarantee payment.

I suppose I could play around with the rules and make a reservation at the Radisson, travel to Cebu, check for rooms and prices at the Marriott and if suitable, check into Marriott and cancel the Radisson.

Mikal

Hotels, major hotels as well as smaller outfits often times have 'special' pricing that requires you to pay the entire amount upfront.  This isn't anything new and it is pretty widespread.  Most of these 'special' prices, in my experience are reasonably well documented, but I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions.

GwapoGuy

Speaking of the Express Inn, how are the rooms? Have stayed at the Cebu R which is in the vicinity. How do the two compare?