Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PhilsFan

Best Sportbikes for Philippines

Recommended Posts

colemanlee
9 minutes ago, RR3 said:

Topic is of best sportbikes and not grandpa rides 

I suppose that depends on what you call sport bikes...seems like a pretty broad selection of bikes to me..lets see, Ive got a Honda 250L...I ride it off road, I think that is considered a sport...Ive also had a Honda Super 4. and a R6, here, but I dont get my panties in a wad..about any of them....

Edited by colemanlee
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow
18 hours ago, colemanlee said:

I suppose that depends on what you call sport bikes...seems like a pretty broad selection of bikes to me..lets see, Ive got a Honda 250L...I ride it off road, I think that is considered a sport...Ive also had a Honda Super 4. and a R6, here, but I dont get my panties in a wad..about any of them....

It's officially mine. Needs some TLC, but it runs strong, as an 1100cc V twin should... very comfy and fast;

 

28175836_10204504673612225_1863538061_n.jpg?oh=0f38692b36eeb5bc05e1d9332364b215&oe=5A8C4561

 

Up for grabs also is a few REAL sportbikes, not to be confused with some 300cc children's toys;

CBR 1000

28232989_10204504674372244_500120374_n.jpg?oh=f347ff8e882f03ce5cc4340d9d4ddbda&oe=5A8D439B

 

VFR 750F;

28190574_10204504672612200_1694126141_n.jpg?oh=b99222b2c896e6a26aef40fb80e206b3&oe=5A8C36F1

 

28233507_10204504672452196_824745753_n.jpg?oh=3c99b9d4dc37392cd3864482a26d5cb3&oe=5A8D3C4D

 

For the offroaders;

28175573_10204504673372219_679732700_n.jpg?oh=349e5ea74082d9e6670d567e98e6ca96&oe=5A8C44D9

 

All are in Dumaguete

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
colemanlee

The Virgo is pretty cool, wifey would love something like that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow
1 hour ago, colemanlee said:

The Virgo is pretty cool, wifey would love something like that...

Yeah, the wife wasn't real keen on it, until I gave her a ride. I opened it up a bit in 2nd gear and woohoo, she was mine!

:wub:

She's never been on anything like that before.

Edited by shadow
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
colemanlee
9 minutes ago, shadow said:

She's never been on anything like that before.

When I met wifey, had a R6 and a Super 4....she use to love it...hit 180 and she would be screaming go faster

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RR3
1 hour ago, colemanlee said:

When I met wifey, had a R6 and a Super 4....she use to love it...hit 180 and she would be screaming go faster

True, girls love fast rides. Use to say I wanna feel the wind in my hair. And then they say You have no hair...

Also MotoGP is nothing compared to PI riding, in MotoGP all ride same direction, are experienced but no obstacles on the road like Ceres on Your lane in blind curve, dogs, drunk, carabao, parked vehicles w no lights, no pot holes, tarmac doesn't end in a ditch. Boy I enjoy it...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RR3
On 2/16/2018 at 8:37 AM, PhilsFan said:

Great motorcycle news!

The Bajaj (Indian-built Kawasaki) Dominar 400 street cruiser is finally here. Listed on MotorTrade, it uses a de-tuned KTM Duke 390 motor, has ABS and Slipper Clutch. Price is 165,000 or approximately $3300.00 USD.

For ADV bike fans, Kawasaki's Versys X300 is here now, too @270k Peso, also on MotorTrade.

Both bikes have been getting terrific reviews in the Motorcycle press reports for quite sometime. Quality, high-performing modern bikes are now available at a reasonable price.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhilsFan
On 3/2/2018 at 4:44 PM, RR3 said:

 

Why are you comparing a Cruising bike to an R3? Whats your point? Price of R3 is  240K, Dominar is 165k. Why are you not comparing the R3 to the KTM 390 RC or the Kawasaki Ninja 300 or 400 ?  I like the R3, I am a 40+-year Yamaha guy got my first one when I was 10...but the R3 is useless for all but solo riding. The R3 is considered a toy anywhere outside of SE Asia..it's not FAST. 

FAST is the Polaris 800 Racing snowmobile I was riding all last week, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RR3
7 hours ago, PhilsFan said:

Why are you comparing a Cruising bike to an R3? Whats your point? Price of R3 is  240K, Dominar is 165k. Why are you not comparing the R3 to the KTM 390 RC or the Kawasaki Ninja 300 or 400 ?  I like the R3, I am a 40+-year Yamaha guy got my first one when I was 10...but the R3 is useless for all but solo riding. The R3 is considered a toy anywhere outside of SE Asia..it's not FAST. 

FAST is the Polaris 800 Racing snowmobile I was riding all last week, lol.

Man, its from the tube, not my comparison/vid.

You write before You fancy Dominar. You already buy one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malibu

Previously owned Rouser 200 RS and NS. Vibrations, badly balanced, and horrible Bajaj India quality. Never a Bajaj again.

1 year ownership with R3 now, 321cc and 15000 km. Zero problems. Yamaha top quality. No vibrations. Do wheelie too easy, with standard sprockets. Imagine with 1 down in front and 2 up, at the rear. Easy hit 195 km, and I had no problem follow a Kawasaki 650. R3 is faster than KTM 390, see youtube videos. Can drive with no hands over long distance, it's that well balanced.  Classified as beginner bike overseas, here it's a big bike. At 239.000 p this is a great quality bike for a good price. Cost 1000$ more in Thailand. Yamaha R6 maybe next or a 2006 model GSXR-1000 famous Power house, found one for sale locally. 

20171105_093126-612x612.jpg

20171105_114910-600x841.jpg

20180120_111705-600x600.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeedleNuts
On 3/9/2018 at 5:34 PM, PhilsFan said:

The R3 is considered a toy anywhere outside of SE Asia..it's not FAST. 

If they think the R3 is fast I wonder what they'd think of my crusty old CBR954RR? It never sold well because ... it was too slow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokey

He wind in her hair fast and with side by side sitting if she is.long neck endless possibilities. Ha ha

Capture+_2018-03-11-11-14-07.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malibu
2 minutes ago, smokey said:

He wind in her hair fast and with side by side sitting if she is.long neck endless possibilities. Ha ha

Capture+_2018-03-11-11-14-07.png

Unfair competition.  So unfair. However,  thanks for posting that. I just found out ... "We Have Wood". Man, I can't imagine anything nicer to watch, than that Beauty. Hope to be in your last Will .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno

Although not my first vet this was the first one that I bought new !!  I hope you are taking good care of my baby Robert !!

Edited by Davaoeno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RR3
2 hours ago, Malibu said:

Previously owned Rouser 200 RS and NS. Vibrations, badly balanced, and horrible Bajaj India quality. Never a Bajaj again.

1 year ownership with R3 now, 321cc and 15000 km. Zero problems. Yamaha top quality. No vibrations. Do wheelie too easy, with standard sprockets. Imagine with 1 down in front and 2 up, at the rear. Easy hit 195 km, and I had no problem follow a Kawasaki 650. R3 is faster than KTM 390, see youtube videos. Can drive with no hands over long distance, it's that well balanced.  Classified as beginner bike overseas, here it's a big bike. At 239.000 p this is a great quality bike for a good price. Cost 1000$ more in Thailand. Yamaha R6 maybe next or a 2006 model GSXR-1000 famous Power house, found one for sale locally. 

20171105_093126-612x612.jpg

20171105_114910-600x841.jpg

20180120_111705-600x600.jpg

Sign on that. My R3 now 28 months. Zero problems. Faster than me ?

Edited by RR3
typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..