Sign in to follow this  
PhilsFan

Best Sportbikes for Philippines

PhilsFan

New thread so we don't clog up the Harley thread...

Exciting times for sportsbike lovers here in Phil's.

We have many choices available for enthusiasts,

We have BMW's G310 coming soon,

The RS 200 and NS 200 from Rouser

The KTM RS and Duke series in 200 and 390cc flavors

The Yamaha R3 and R15

Honda's 250R

Kawasaki's 300 Ninja

And the Big boys are here too. Kawasaki's big bore choices, Yamaha's R6 and R1, etc.

So which is the best bike for riding fast here?  Value for dollar? 

• Like 1

Dafey

So which is the best bike for riding fast here

I'm a little old for crotch rocket so can't help much. However, where are you living that you'd like to go fast? Cebu City is off limits and other than major highways, which are few, the roads in the province are not conducive to CanAm style riding with dogs, pedestrians and mudslides always leasurly moving across your path.

That being said, I'm a Kaw fan but KTM has some beauties!

• Like 1

Skywalker

Enjoy your sports bike. It will kill you.

The Philippines is not the place to speed. Too many bad road conditions, too many idiots, too many animals, and when you come off, and you will, you'll discover that hospitals are pretty dire.

Good luck.

• Like 5

PhilsFan

Enjoy your sports bike. It will kill you.

The Philippines is not the place to speed. Too many bad road conditions, too many idiots, too many animals, and when you come off, and you will, you'll discover that hospitals are pretty dire.

Good luck.

I believe I said much the same thing on the Harley thread...which is why I am looking at a new 400cc Cruiser.

I don't have a problem with others that wish to try their luck, however, and there are some great new and affordable bikes for those who wish to take on the twisties... its just not your thing and many others would agree with you. I love carving at speed and will do some of that when I deem it safe to do so.

• Like 1

thebob

Same as anywhere. RC30 if you can get one!

You will never lose money on a bike like that.

• Like 1

Dafey

If you're looking for a good Phils cruiser check out Kawasaki Vulcan S. A little bigger than what you are looking at but a sweet ride and ballsy enough when you get that stretch of road that you can open it up.

• Like 2

Irenicus

Honda Beat or Yamaha Mio.

DBS muffler optional.

• Like 3

RR3

Same as anywhere. RC30 if you can get one!

Like this https://www.boss.info/us/products/rc-30/  You are a sub-guy  :cool_01:

Ok, I know You mean Honda VFR750R. Superbike, last made 1990.

Best sportbikes? Is 150/200cc a sportbike? Big boys, You know the ones who know everything, call even a R6 for a 'beginner's bike'. Many a bike for sale, even in PI.

'Expert' comments coming, duck and cover:

BMW G310 - too weak, tyres from India, suspension from China, breaks from India

The RS 200 and NS 200 from Rouser - sportbike? Only in PI

The KTM RS and Duke series in 200 and 390cc flavors -"-

The Yamaha R3 and R15 - R3 beginners bike, R15 is 150cc

Honda's 250R - sportsbike, really?

Kawasaki's 300 Ninja - see KTM

And the Big boys are here too. Kawasaki's big bore choices, Yamaha's R6 and R1, etc. - now we talking

Sportbike definition:

sportbike, or sports bike, is a motorcycle optimized for speed, acceleration, braking, and cornering on paved roads, typically at the expense of comfort and fuel economy by comparison with other motorcycles.
  • Like 2

HTM

I rye the R3 for a week, nice an fun on SRP but not that good in the city traffic her as my 220 Rouser.

Have a better overview with the Rouser, sitting more upright.

But.... the R3 was fun and fast....

• Like 3

PhilsFan

Like this https://www.boss.info/us/products/rc-30/  You are a sub-guy  :cool_01:

Ok, I know You mean Honda VFR750R. Superbike, last made 1990.

Best sportbikes? Is 150/200cc a sportbike? Big boys, You know the ones who know everything, call even a R6 for a 'beginner's bike'. Many a bike for sale, even in PI.

'Expert' comments coming, duck and cover:

BMW G310 - too weak, tyres from India, suspension from China, breaks from India

The RS 200 and NS 200 from Rouser - sportbike? Only in PI

The KTM RS and Duke series in 200 and 390cc flavors -"-

The Yamaha R3 and R15 - R3 beginners bike, R15 is 150cc

Honda's 250R - sportsbike, really?

Kawasaki's 300 Ninja - see KTM

And the Big boys are here too. Kawasaki's big bore choices, Yamaha's R6 and R1, etc. - now we talking

Sportbike definition:

Ummm....yeah...the thread title is "Sportsbikes in Philippines."  Every bike on that list meets the definition you listed above. Granted, they are low horsepower, but thats what works for the road  conditions and is widely available here. 

The Honda was listed incorrectly...should read CBR 250. And it IS a sportsbike...just a slow one.

Edited by PhilsFan

Hy H

I rye the R3 for a week, nice an fun on SRP but not that good in the city traffic her as my 220 Rouser.

Have a better overview with the Rouser, sitting more upright.

But.... the R3 was fun and fast....

Does the SRP still have 50km/hr speed limit? Bit sad for a sports bike owners.

• Like 1

HTM

I did almost 160, but more dangerous then fun, the SRP is not good.

The top speed is 190+- I think, but Im not that brave

lolhahaha

In the US I have owned a CBR250 for a few years. Build a rack on my RV for it and have driven it from Palomar Mt. in California to the Blue Ridge Mountains in VA/NC and all around cities and back roads too.

It isn't fast and it doesn't accelerate like you'd expect a sportsbike to and it sounds pretty bad when you are on it but it's still a great bike for riding through the hills and mountains and it gets close to 100MPG if you drive like one of my local tricycle drivers do (slow as feck). From what I've seen not many bigger bikes can keep up with one of these 250s in serious cornering through the mountains.

• Like 2

topcat72m

I have not seen any roads in the Philippines that i would like to ride a sports bike on. I see it as a sure way of shortening your lifespan. With ehat in mind something like a cafe racer would be as sporty as id go.

Im thinking about a triumph Bournville. Or something similar.

http://m.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/motorcycles/classics/bonneville/2016/bonneville-t120

• Like 3

Woolf

Rama lowered it from 60 to 40  after a few accident there  they were really not speed related

it is the CSCR (Cebu South Coastal Road) passing through SRP

just today I noticed many of the signs now is back at 60

• Like 3